+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 386 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That link does not prove me wrong. My points...

Young otherwise healthy people (< 40) are not dying from china virus - WELL under .1 of 1% if at all.

People are not getting sick for the second time...yet.
    Again, not true.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-for-vaccines/

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    This article did a better job of articulating my thoughts about the declaration: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/grea...entific-divide
    The amount of bias in that story is palpable from the first paragraph. I didn't say I agree or disagree, I asked for your (everyone's) thoughts. Your original post stated your Dr, not Drs. had that opinion and I just asked if you trusted that Dr. more than these Drs. I'm willing to listen to either side and try to make an informed decision. I would say I tend to lean toward allowing people who seem to have a negligible amount of risk to do as they wish and doing everything we can to ensure that the most venerable are as protected as possible. Are you saying that what these Drs are saying has no merit at all?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Again the link proves nothing. It cites a case from Hong Kong and an unconfirmed case from the US (that's 2 for those counting) That's really solid evidence that is is recurring.

Also, it's funny that you and your peeps only use the "common cold" likeness when it is convenient to your chicken little theories.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Sure, but he could have sent a bill to the Senate and let them kill it. It's like he's going out of his way to take credit for killing the bill. It makes no sense politically. Must be the steroids.
    Must be the steroids again...

“I would like to see a bigger stimulus package, frankly, than either the Democrats or the Republicans are offering,” Trump said on Rush Limbaugh’s radio program, saying he’s going in the “exact opposite” direction from his earlier stances.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    The amount of bias in that story is palpable from the first paragraph. I didn't say I agree or disagree, I asked for your (everyone's) thoughts. Your original post stated your Dr, not Drs. had that opinion and I just asked if you trusted that Dr. more than these Drs. I'm willing to listen to either side and try to make an informed decision. I would say I tend to lean toward allowing people who seem to have a negligible amount of risk to do as they wish and doing everything we can to ensure that the most venerable are as protected as possible. Are you saying that what these Drs are saying has no merit at all?
    Bias doesn't invalidate a position. Nothing that I said from my doctor was in contrast with what the docs you sited said. I already agreed with their premise. I think that there is merit to what they say, but there are big issues that they did not address as it pertains to heard immunity. Those are the things that a longer list of doctors with equally good pedigrees are concerned about. That's why this position is not the prevailing medical position.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Young healthy people don't die. That was my point. If they don't catch it a second time and don't get very sick, why live in fear which is part 2 of my point. We've heard college football coaches discussing this.
    Right, right. Gotcha. Going and not dying isn’t a reason for a victory lap. If we let it rip tater chip with the young crowd, that still doesn’t keep others out of the hospital.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

I think we don't know enough about the virus to adopt this approach. We don't know if immunity is durable. We don't know what the actual death rates are (in part because testing is too limited at this time). Most importantly, we don't know what the long term effects of the virus will be. Is the cardiac inflamation we see in many cases permanent? How long does it last? Is there long term lung scarring?

I do, however, agree with their concerns about the effects of lockdowns. Unfortunately, many in the west refuse to abide by the simple guidelines that would allow us to open up to near normal rates. My doctor says that if everybody would mask up and keep their distance when they are not in their own homes or outside and distanced, the disease would die out in 12 weeks.
    The Surgeon General had a very similar message regarding the 12-week timeline...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Right, right. Gotcha. Going and not dying isn’t a reason for a victory lap. If we let it rip tater chip with the young crowd, that still doesn’t keep others out of the hospital.
    Been letting is rip with students and school for how long now? Uptick from that?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I saw a report that the US is on pace to have FEWER deaths in 2020 vs. both 2018 and 2019.

I have a theory. The China virus crisis hoax has had an unexpected benefit, it has kept people, especially more idiots, off the highways. And, with bars closed it has greatly reduced the number of morons driving while drunk, and because car accidents is a leading cause of deaths, especially among younger people, the overall death rate is down. This more than offsets the slight increase in deaths caused by other matters, like people not getting the medical attention they need, and the slight increases in suicides and other mental health related deaths.

Just MY theory, I have no numbers in front of me, no stats to support this. But, the overall death rate is down, so there has to be a reason(s).

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I saw a report that the US is on pace to have FEWER deaths in 2020 vs. both 2018 and 2019.

I have a theory. The China virus crisis hoax has had an unexpected benefit, it has kept people, especially more idiots, off the highways. And, with bars closed it has greatly reduced the number of morons driving while drunk, and because car accidents is a leading cause of deaths, especially among younger people, the overall death rate is down. This more than offsets the slight increase in deaths caused by other matters, like people not getting the medical attention they need, and the slight increases in suicides and other mental health related deaths.

Just MY theory, I have no numbers in front of me, no stats to support this. But, the overall death rate is down, so there has to be a reason(s).
    Sounds like something you read on FB.

Here is the data.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Does someone, with credibility, have a link to a non-biased site?

Other than the CDC?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Bruh, I know and you know and we all know that the only credible, non-biased site you'd accept is one that tells you what you want to hear. It could be called gayclowntimes.com but so long as it said "china virus hoax" you'd take it as gospel.

If, on the other hand, there were a Bible verse that said "And lo, in those days, President Donald Trump to will strive to infect everyone with covid. And in those days, the family of the one one known as dawg80 turned into turtles", and then every member of your family turned into turtles, you'd still be like "Nah, liberal bias. Dont you libs have any credible sources?"

We have a rescue turtle! Couldn't believe that a family gave up their pet turtle, actually put the poor thing in a goldfish bowl and left him out on the curb. So, we went and got him and are raising a turtle. He's pretty cool. Knows when we come with his food, he comes toward that side of his home...it's a plastic tub we converted into a turtle habitat...and raises his head in anticipation of being fed.

BTW, the "China virus hoax" is not to say there isn't a virus out there, there is, it's to point out it has been blown way out of proportion for the sole purpose of wrecking the economy and hurting Trump's re-election bid. Heck, commie babe Jane Fonda just sang the praises of the great virus hoax.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    That was less that 1% of Americans who were attacked by violent liberals. And 90% of them had pre-existing conditions anyway. So they didnt really die from violent liberals. In the end, only about 12 people died from violent liberals, which is less than the number killed by jellyfish each year. And I dont see yall losing your minds over jellyfish. SHEEP BAAA!!!
    Obviously people dying and threatened by the violent left isn’t tragic to the regressive Dems.

+ Reply to Thread