+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moffett VW in Bossier??

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Moffett VW in Bossier??

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    How has the Atlas performed?
    Very well. Its an 2018 model AWD with all the bells and whistles. We have been very pleased so far but its less than a month old. I was pleasantly surprised with the room in it given that there are six of us.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What is wrong with a minivan? Sliding doors are so much more functional.
    Full disclosure, beyond the gas mileage, we have not been too thrilled with the minivan. Heated seat shorted out, sliding doors both stick quite often, and the A/C puts off a vinagery smell, no matter what I do to remedy it. It was nice when kids were small, but they are 11 and 7 now.

It is a ‘13 with 150,000. But Honda’s are supposed to last until 300,000 with regular maintenance. At least we were lead to believe.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I’ll give you my opinion on vw.

I own a collision repair shop. I dread working on them. They are just different
    Moral of the story... don't get in a collision

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

And if you do, don’t call me

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    And if you do, don’t call me
    If it happens to me in my Chevy I’ll call you.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. I like working on Chevy because I can grab a 10 and 12mm socket and disassemble half the vehicle.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I loved VW's customer service when I had a Passat. Unfortunately, I had to deal with them a lot so got rid of it.

Rabbiddawg, do the same problems you have with VW apply to Audi and Porsche?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I loved VW's customer service when I had a Passat. Unfortunately, I had to deal with them a lot so got rid of it.

Rabbiddawg, do the same problems you have with VW apply to Audi and Porsche?
    Guessing so for the Audi. My wife’s was in a collision (with a tent) and it took lots of parts, time and $ to restore.

From a general mechanical standpoint, I think Audis and VWs are not the most reliable but a lot depends on the model. These aren’t the brands I would be shopping if reliability and cost of repair were two of your biggest criteria.

Porsches are pretty reliable as long as you don’t get the M96 or M97, which were notoriously problematic for IMS bearings that would fail and were expensive to repair.

Interesting perspectives here. We had a bad experience with Honda. My bother had 2 Audi vehicles and loved them both and they never needed repair. Everyone we talk to who owns a VW Atlas raves about the quality and dependability. Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but it definitely makes you think. Any car has the potential to be a POS.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

It’s early with the Atlas you need to get past the first 3 years before you can tell . Never buy the first year of any car.

+ Reply to Thread