+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NW State added to 2023 schedule

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: NW State added to 2023 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Tulane and Memphis don’t have good ADs. They are both snobby with huge sticks up their poopers.
    If only they could be as outgoing and as proactive as our AD.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I was not a fan of the BGSU series. It was a waste of resources.

Play ULM and ULL to energize our fan base. History proves these two teams do that.

I believe a good AD could make something happen with Tulane and Memphis.
    I couldn’t care less about ULM, just like 99% of their fan base and own alumni. I’m fine with a semi regular series with ULL in football and playing them regularly in most other sports, because while their fans are delusional and bat shit crazy, they BSC for their team and I can respect that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I couldn’t care less about ULM, just like 99% of their fan base and own alumni. I’m fine with a semi regular series with ULL in football and playing them regularly in most other sports, because while their fans are delusional and bat shit crazy, they BSC for their team and I can respect that.
    A football game with ulm in Ruston or Monroe would sell out.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

It never has before.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    It never has before.
    No game has ever come closer. Still record attendance(s) in Ruston and historically THE most attended game in Ruston.

BTW, I don't think there is such a thing as a "sellout" in Ruston.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Mississippi State couldn't sell out Aillet, and that happened twice. Texas A&M probably would, or come really, really close.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

No game has ever come closer. Still record attendance(s) in Ruston and historically THE most attended game in Ruston.

I do think it would be quite well attended.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Southern was paid $350,000 in 2018. They brought more folks (but not as many as the eariler game) than what NW will probably bring. But who knows.
    Our football ticket sales total for the 2018 season in which we paid that $350 grand was only $1,194,196. If we are paying NW $400,000 and the season total is no better than 2018 then we are giving up almost half of our total ticket revenue for just one guarantee game. We always report good attendance figures but that doesn't match up with the box office totals.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Mississippi State couldn't sell out Aillet, and that happened twice. Texas A&M probably would, or come really, really close.
    - Miss St would have likely been a sell out for the first game if our AD had not jacked the ticket price up and refused to sell any discounted seating. $35/seat was too much.

- Texas A&M in Shreveport had all the perfect settings. Ranked opponents and Johnny Football. There were hundreds (maybe thousands) in attendance who have never been back to another Tech game.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    you think our fans are less interested in nwst than they would have been in bgsu?
    ^^^^ this

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The first game in the series would be a well attended game, but after that it declines. Also there are less and less people who care about that rivalry every year on our side and they simply don’t have that many people that care about them at all any more.

Well attended, is great, but I don’t care about them anymore and haven’t since the 80’s. I was at all the games when we restarted the series in ‘97. It had nothing to do with them other than they were the next team on the schedule. If we ever play them again, I hope you have fun and I hope it’s well attended, but I’ll skip it and spend my money on a road game, or add more to the scholarship fund etc.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

ULM fans might show up-TECH fans would not.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

NLU isn’t relevant in D1 football and nobody would care.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Neither is NSU.

But a G5 opponent will look better on the resume than an FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    ULM fans might show up-TECH fans would not.
    They did in last series. ULM fans only showed up for the first game.

They are still FBS and not going anywhere. Our fans have ALWAYS shown up for this game. My argument is that our fans don't seem to care now and they certainly have not shown up for the last 3 FCS games in Ruston. You are not being honest if you don't think our fans would show up for a game in Ruston (or Monroe) against ulm.

We owe them. They have gone overboard to accommodate us after the tornado.

+ Reply to Thread