+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA Tech Returns Home to Face FIU

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech Returns Home to Face FIU

I don't want to play FIU again if possible. They are streaky and have a really good trapping press. That's one benefit of being a 2 or 3 in the tournament. Charlotte also plays good defense. Either of those teams could beat North Texas in Frisco.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We can still get that 2 seed, if WKU falters in their last game as you stated. I do differ with this being a 3 team race, though. I think we have some lower seeded teams that can pull off upsets. It is going to be a wild tournament.
    I think one of the so-called favorites will reach the final, opposite a total surprise. A 6th or 7th seed type team that got hot and little lucky.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't want to play FIU again if possible. They are streaky and have a really good trapping press. That's one benefit of being a 2 or 3 in the tournament. Charlotte also plays good defense. Either of those teams could beat North Texas in Frisco.
    i agree on both of those teams. the lower seed to avoid is UTSA. really good coach and the number two scorer in the country who can throw in 50 on a given night.

however, they did have their worst loss of the year last night, so who knows how that goes. it appears that they will be opposite of the bracket from us, so maybe we can enjoy them doing some destruction

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

We are much better offensively with Pemberton at the 4. He can attack the rim and sometimes hits the jumper from around the free throw line. Neither Powell nor Criston are giving us anything on offense right now. And we are too small to defend/rebound with the 4 guard lineup. What do yall think about Stacy Thomas playing the 4? He seems to be more adept at scoring.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

We are much better offensively with Pemberton at the 4. He can attack the rim and sometimes hits the jumper from around the free throw line. Neither Powell nor Criston are giving us anything on offense right now. And we are too small to defend/rebound with the 4 guard lineup. What do yall think about Stacy Thomas playing the 4? He seems to be more adept at scoring.
    i certainly would like more minutes out of Thomas. A bigger issue to me is LeDoux staying in his lane. He is a wonderful catch and shoot, maybe one step create, guy. He is horrible if he attempts to dribble drive or create beyond one step. turnover machine that should have been reigned in long ago

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    i certainly would like more minutes out of Thomas. A bigger issue to me is LeDoux staying in his lane. He is a wonderful catch and shoot, maybe one step create, guy. He is horrible if he attempts to dribble drive or create beyond one step. turnover machine that should have been reigned in long ago
    Yeah he likes the impossible bounce passes in traffic. He can drive and finish but sometimes I wonder why he doesn't just catch and shoot instead of head fake and plow. He needs to be shooter first. That said, he is a good rebounder. Seems like he has a knack for knowing where the ball might roll off the rim.

Yeah he likes the impossible bounce passes in traffic. He can drive and finish but sometimes I wonder why he doesn't just catch and shoot instead of head fake and plow. He needs to be shooter first. That said, he is a good rebounder. Seems like he has a knack for knowing where the ball might roll off the rim.
    off shot rebounder, yes. anything with ball in his hands... shoot or get rid of it quickly

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I think you guys know my position on dribbling by now.

Our guys still need to learn that a passed ball ALWAYS moves quicker and faster than a dribbled ball.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Ledoux only turning it over 1.4 times per game

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Ledoux only turning it over 1.4 times per game
    stats are lying then. no, they really are not. you are cherry picking. compare him to EVERY other guard on our team (better yet every other player) in assist to turnover. you really don’t have to do any higher math.

he often mishandles the ball. perhaps we should look at where his points come from, turnovers per minute and evaluate how often teammates bail him out? or his relative assists?

if u put it on the floor, you better be creating for others or yourself. his numbers do not support that it is a good idea for him to do anything but be ready to catch and shoot.

https://latechsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats
    Last edited by skilldawg; 03-10-2020 at 07:21 AM.

i like the guy. incredible spot-up shooter. he doesn’t need to attempt to create a shot at this point in his career

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I’m just saying that if he’s only averaging 3 turnovers every two games and if he is the shooter we believe he is...if we can’t live with that then our roster isn’t near as good as we think it is! Best shooter on the team but costs us by turning it over twice every three games?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I’m just saying that if he’s only averaging 3 turnovers every two games and if he is the shooter we believe he is...if we can’t live with that then our roster isn’t near as good as we think it is! Best shooter on the team but costs us by turning it over twice every three games?!
    i agree we need him to play and do his thing and i love watching him do it. please don’t misunderstand i want him on the floor, but we are a much better team if everyone plays to their strengths.

+ Reply to Thread