+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: @LATechWBB Opens C-USA Tourney Wednesday

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: @LATechWBB Opens C-USA Tourney Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And, while it may be just one game, I think this will (and should) save Brooke's job...at least for one more year.
    Her job is not at risk.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

And, while it may be just one game, I think this will (and should) save Brooke's job...at least for one more year.
    I don't think it should. This is the dilemma - we want to win every game but at the same time, it may create a false positive in the narrative.

But of course, she could go 0-28 (three games worse than ULM) and have a safe job so it's not worth speculating about.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Her job is not at risk.
    Many of you know I am a fan of Brooke's and have been advocating for her for years. But, her performance in the W-Ls and post season play (lack thereof) has fallen WAY short of what we should expect from Tech WBB. If her job was truly "not at risk," then it should be. 15-15 is NOT very Techster-like. She should be on the hot seat. That said, I do think the team has shown some improvement late in the season...that certainly manifested today...and that has been a trait of her coaching. I am willing to give her another full year to see if recruiting improves and then next year, we actually see something resembling Lady Techster basketball.

And, as I like her, I hope we do....

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

.....perhaps a pyrrhic victory?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

If you're in Frisco, or nearby, go out to Toyota Stadium and catch the USWNT vs. Japan tonight, kickoff at 7PM.

....ahem....no thanks.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Many of you know I am a fan of Brooke's and have been advocating for her for years. But, her performance in the W-Ls and post season play (lack thereof) has fallen WAY short of what we should expect from Tech WBB. If her job was truly "not at risk," then it should be. 15-15 is NOT very Techster-like. She should be on the hot seat. That said, I do think the team has shown some improvement late in the season...that certainly manifested today...and that has been a trait of her coaching. I am willing to give her another full year to see if recruiting improves and then next year, we actually see something resembling Lady Techster basketball.

And, as I like her, I hope we do....
    I might agree if this were Year 2 or even 3.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....ahem....no thanks.
    It was sold out anyway. You couldn't have gotten in.

It was sold out anyway. You couldn't have gotten in.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I can see you sitting on a bucket staring at a fence, yep! that's very much you. Carry on.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

They play MTSU today - a team we actually beat 78-60 in Ruston this year. That was in January, so both teams are different, but we have a chance today!!!!! Also, if we win today, we avoid a losing season this year.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They play MTSU today - a team we actually beat 78-60 in Ruston this year. That was in January, so both teams are different, but we have a chance today!!!!! Also, if we win today, we avoid a losing season this year.
    We avoid a losing season... you do know how pathetic that sounds.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We avoid a losing season... you do know how pathetic that sounds.
    YEP!!!! Still better than having one, though...

BTW, I like the red threads.

Go Techsters beat those Blue Meanies!

BTW, I like the red threads.

Go Techsters beat those Blue Meanies!
    They're nice but I'd honestly like to see the traditionals more, especially for TV and tourney time. Feels like most of the away games I've been able to watch have not had the blues.

I can see you sitting on a bucket staring at a fence, yep! that's very much you. Carry on.

.....and it will still be more fun than soccer.

+ Reply to Thread