+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: How is Covid-19 affecting your work?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: How is Covid-19 affecting your work?

Was told Louisiana is losing $14 million per day with these low oil prices.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

The state and local governments are doing it to themselves... Why should the Feds bail them out? It’s getting ridiculous. States rights versus the feds....it’s a battle that has been fought for a couple of hundred years. With some of these decisions the local and state government are making....Yep more federal government control. Hmmmm. I’ve seen people talk huge tariffs on products produced outside the USA. Doesn’t sound much like free markets or freedom.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I will repost my question here since it is more appropriate. Has anyone heard about state or local police pulling people over when they cross state lines? Heard a rumor to that effect, but I think it’s BS. Why would they have that kind of manpower guarding a state line and risk unwarranted contact?

People work across state lines.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I will repost my question here since it is more appropriate. Has anyone heard about state or local police pulling people over when they cross state lines? Heard a rumor to that effect, but I think it’s BS. Why would they have that kind of manpower guarding a state line and risk unwarranted contact?

People work across state lines.
    http://www.northescambia.com/2020/03...n-requirements

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, trucks carrying supplies cross state lines. Shut it all down. People should grow their own food at home and sew their own clothes with cotton grown in their own state....Nothing should cross state lines. We haven’t been able to keep illegals out of Mexico for how long, but we can control state borders? Come on folks.....Don’t believe everything you read, God gave you a brain for a reason. Use it!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this, but I’m referring specifically to people I know who live in Louisiana and drive to Texas and Arkansas every day.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I own property in Escambia County.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how many of you on here have incomes directly tied to manufactured products, but I do, here is more news that we got yesterday. Our Apparatus manufacturer notified us yesterday that although they are an essential service, the decontamination process they use for handling the parts and materials has put a six week delay on all deliveries. Every extra 2-3 weeks this goes on adds another weeks delay to delivery times. A number of other manufacturers we use are having those same issues plus some of the raw materials they use are coming from Asia are being delayed for indefinite periods of time. Yes, Manufacturing is continuing, But we are starting to see indefinite delivery times and raw material shortages that have slowed things to a crawl. A sale is not a sale until you collect your money for it and not only has this severely slowed cash flow, some are even cancelling contracts out of fear of the unknown. This is pretty well industry wide and not the news we wanted to hear.

These companies we deal with that are having raw material shortages are telling us unless materials become available they may begin layoffs and furloughs. The demand is there for their product, they just do not have anything for their people to work with leading to idle time for a lot of employees.

I am not attempting to be a fearmonger, I have been one to question some of the draconian measures that have been taken and I still am. Just confirming what all of you probably know, it is starting to domino, just hope we figure out how to jerk some of those dominoes out of the cascade.

On our local levels, most property assessments have already been paid for the year, but we will start seeing the true numbers on March sales tax collections pretty soon.

How's the stainless steel supply chain? Expecting a couple of orders for our water filtration units soon. Most of our machine is stainless steel...and some PVC pipe. This sucks. It's bad enough when we have a virus crisis but when it starts impacting MY business, this is really serious!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    How's the stainless steel supply chain? Expecting a couple of orders for our water filtration units soon. Most of our machine is stainless steel...and some PVC pipe. This sucks. It's bad enough when we have a virus crisis but when it starts impacting MY business, this is really serious!
    Our Aluminum and SS seem to be OK at the moment as we did not really import much, if any at all. Most all of our supply is domestic and have not heard of a real slow down on it, just the whole process of getting it to your location seems to have slowed some. With employee distancing and deliveries being handled much differently all those extra steps and the actual lack of human interaction is slowing things down.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Our Aluminum and SS seem to be OK at the moment as we did not really import much, if any at all. Most all of our supply is domestic and have not heard of a real slow down on it, just the whole process of getting it to your location seems to have slowed some. With employee distancing and deliveries being handled much differently all those extra steps and the actual lack of human interaction is slowing things down.
    China iron/steel used in the oilfield for pipe was found to be way inferior to most on the planet. They added things like boron that weakened it immensely. It was a joke but cheep. Most all in the industry quit using it.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Thanks for the post. How are you getting essentials like food?

$1.50 gas is not a good thing. SO many jobs are gone. Trumps fault according to some posters here on THE BBB.
    We didn't do the hoarding thing, but we did stock up on food- as much as possible with empty shelves. My husband is still working in an office by himself thankfully. I'm not afraid, but my son with Down syndrome may not fair as well as many would if he got this. I'm not willing to take the chance. We have used Walmart Online, and I did make a trip to our Sam's yesterday. I have gone a couple of times where there were lots of people and didn't end up going in- we were lucky yesterday and stocked up again. I have also ordered food from Amazon- snacks for the kids and things like that. We are really trying to make sure Carson stays healthy. We have also done take out a few times at the drive thru.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    The state and local governments are doing it to themselves... Why should the Feds bail them out? It’s getting ridiculous. States rights versus the feds....it’s a battle that has been fought for a couple of hundred years. With some of these decisions the local and state government are making....Yep more federal government control. Hmmmm. I’ve seen people talk huge tariffs on products produced outside the USA. Doesn’t sound much like free markets or freedom.
    I'm of the opinion that --in this particular case-- since the Feds shut all the businesses down, they should reimburse the state and local governments for their tax revenue losses from those businesses, if possible.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I saw this, but I’m referring specifically to people I know who live in Louisiana and drive to Texas and Arkansas every day.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

We have two employees who have contracted the virus. One recovered and was released from the hospital last week after having spent several days on a ventilator (thanks for all the thoughts and prayers). The second one started showing symptoms last week and as of Thursday afternoon hadn’t been hospitalized.

I heard a rumor that the insurance companies are suspecting the Federal Government May be considering paying for some of this through worker’s compensation - has anyone else heard that?

+ Reply to Thread