+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How is Covid-19 affecting your work?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: How is Covid-19 affecting your work?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post

I heard a rumor that the insurance companies are suspecting the Federal Government May be considering paying for some of this through worker’s compensation - has anyone else heard that?
    I think the insurance companies are working to help all they can, short of just giving money towards something that normally has to be a work related injury or illness. I figured on day one that anybody with the China virus and a job would find a lawyer to represent them.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think the insurance companies are working to help all they can, short of just giving money towards something that normally has to be a work related injury or illness. I figured on day one that anybody with the China virus and a job would find a lawyer to represent them.
    Our two primary customers (states of La and Tx) made it clear from the start they considered our industry (highway construction) essential and Texas actually made it clear they were going to try to accelerate putting more work out to take advantage of lower traffic counts. However, we started experiencing problems immediately with employees not wanting to work and some suppliers making changes to their operations. We have gone to great lengths to adapt so that everyone who wanted to work, could. But it’s been a real challenge especially with employees in both states requiring movement across the state line. So it’s very disheartening to read some of what you wrote.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Our two primary customers (states of La and Tx) made it clear from the start they considered our industry (highway construction) essential and Texas actually made it clear they were going to try to accelerate putting more work out to take advantage of lower traffic counts. However, we started experiencing problems immediately with employees not wanting to come to work and some suppliers making changes to their operations. We have gone to great lengths to adapt so that everyone who wanted to work, could. But it’s been a real challenge especially with employees in both states requiring movement across the state line. So it’s very disheartening to read some of what you wrote.

The last thing any business needs is a bunch of claims on their loss runs for something they had no control over.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The last sentence is my opinion based on the human nature of ambulance chasing lawyers who are otherwise VERY slow right now. I expect they will look for other ways to cause consumer premium increases since the usual slow down is now bringing on lower premiums in auto coverage.

+ Reply to Thread