+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1450

Thread: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Many of the churches. Particularly the churches that instruct them on who/how to vote.
    That's where most of the push comes from - and the local NAACP chapters

As parish administrator - I have almost 60 FTE's on our payroll - and it's split almost 50/50 on demographics

Through our hospital board we have been able to get most everyone eligible for the vaccination if they want it

You can almost count on one hand the number of minorities who choose to take the shot - one whose sister DIED of it refused the shot (that said all three of my black jurors did take the shots)

And we've had about a 60% participation rate overall -

They are getting very POOR leadership and guidance from their "so called" leaders -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Our Governor still not letting us visit nursing homes. Says some workers there did not take the shots so they are protecting them. Freakin’ idiots!
    I hope the idiots you are referring to are the Gov. and his people. People should absolutely be allowed to decide what goes in their body. However, there should not be any allowance for them if they choose not to take it! I don't care if people take it or not. The patients should be fine that took it, and everything should be opened. If they aren't safe after the vaccine, then there was no reason for anyone to take it. They need to freaking open up the state! This is stupid. Those of us that have to be careful will continue, and others that are not really impacted can resume life as normal. I'm still waiting on my son to be eligible, and will be there the day he is. My girls will not get the shot unless forced to by college.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 03-26-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

March 26

378 in hosp 62 on vents

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    March 26

378 in hosp 62 on vents
    Are those 62 on vents specifically COVID vents.. or all vents across Louisiana regardless of reason

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Are those 62 on vents specifically COVID vents.. or all vents across Louisiana regardless of reason
    I assume it's China virus victims on the vents. They have been reporting the "on ventilation" for virus patients for a year now.

March 31

354 in hosp 60 on vents

But, some changes among the parishes. Natchitoches went from moderate to high, Red River went from lowest to moderate, and one of the river parishes leaped from lowest to high! Conversely, Bienville and Claiborne are now at lowest risk.

That is disappointing about Natchitoches, but not totally unexpected given the socializing culture here. The Jazz Festival is scheduled for mid-May and there are other festivals as well. Just had Bloomin' on the Bricks where roughly 2/3 did not bother to wear a mask.

April 2

347 in hosp 56 on vents

April 5

292 in hosp 49 on vents

Do I dare allow myself to feel optimistic?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Thanks to the adults for development of the China virus shots.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the adults for development of the China virus shots.
    Let’s hope an adult comes forward to inform us whether a shot next year will result in normal life with no restrictions or masks. If not, I won’t be taking it. I had to go the hospital for surgery last week and since then I have answered the same questions about Covid at 3 different medical facilities. None of them asked if I had been vaccinated, but we have been led to believe that vaccination frees us.....sort of....a little.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yes, I’ve had my shots. My Mom had hers. The Louisiana idiot governor finally opened up limited visits ( to protect his fellow idiots who refuse to take the shots) and we BOTH had to wear a mask ( we didn’t). What an effing mess these power mongers have encouraged so many lemmings to go along with in the name of science

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Let’s hope an adult comes forward to inform us whether a shot next year will result in normal life with no restrictions or masks. If not, I won’t be taking it. I had to go the hospital for surgery last week and since then I have answered the same questions about Covid at 3 different medical facilities. None of them asked if I had been vaccinated, but we have been led to believe that vaccination frees us.....sort of....a little.
    It drastically reduces the risk of hospitalization or death. Most likely reduces your ability to transmit Covid, too, but don’t know that they have the data on that.

I suspect that once everyone has had an opportunity to get the vaccine, and assuming we don’t learn of some variant spreading that circumvents the vaccine, they will open things up back to “normal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It drastically reduces the risk of hospitalization or death. Most likely reduces your ability to transmit Covid, too, but don’t know that they have the data on that.

I suspect that once everyone has had an opportunity to get the vaccine, and assuming we don’t learn of some variant spreading that circumvents the vaccine, they will open things up back to “normal.”
    Not news to most of us but you are one of those lemming idiots

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Not news to most of us but you are one of those lemming idiots
    The more COVID spreads, the more variants it creates. Which isn’t a great, since those variants that get around immunity will spread the most and become dominant. If one of those variants is also more deadly, that would be even less great. That is why the experts are so concerned about transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The more COVID spreads, the more variants it creates. Which isn’t a great, since those variants that get around immunity will spread the most and become dominant. If one of those variants is also more deadly, that would be even less great. That is why the experts are so concerned about transmission.
    Nobody is buying your horse shit. It’s over.

+ Reply to Thread