+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Social Security Number

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Social Security Number

I just made an appointment to see a doctor I have never seen before and the young lady on the phone asked for my SSN. I refused. She says, we have to have it. I asked why, is this doctor's visit a taxable event? She couldn't answer but quickly called for her supervisor...same routine. I read her the law which states under which circumstances and to whom we are required to provide a SSN, and it does not include medical providers. I then informed the supervisor the reason she thinks her office needs it...and it's this. To complete a death certificate should a patient die while in their care. BUT! the law says we can provide an emergency contact who can/will then provide our SSN in such an event.

I am just plain tired of the sheeple out there doing things "just because." Stand up for your rights!

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Re: Social Security Number

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I seriously doubt that idiot DiCaprio would actually be applauding

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Some of you guys that it was a rule that you had to present a photo ID to see a doctor.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

You missed the point again Helen. Geez. I had to present an ID and my insurance card. Both were copied and scanned into their system. Now, when I go in, they just pull my profile and ask if my insurance info has changed and that’s the end of it. No SSN. As he said, they don’t NEED it.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Social Security cards were never supposed to be used as identification cards. Overuse of those numbers is one of the biggest sources of identity theft.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Some of you guys that it was a rule that you had to present a photo ID to see a doctor.
    At my doctor and the office where my wife works, your first visit you must have a photo ID.. or you do not see the doctor.. They take your picture and have it on file on your first visit, then you no longer need to have a photo ID..

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    At my doctor and the office where my wife works, your first visit you must have a photo ID.. or you do not see the doctor.. They take your picture and have it on file on your first visit, then you no longer need to have a photo ID..
    Making sure you are who you say you are in racist and suppressive.

I will have my Soros signs carried by paid "volunteers" in front of that office tomorrow morning.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I've always thought it was silly that Texas DPS requires an SSN card to give you a DL. What does my pension/safety net tax ID have to do with my ability to drive?

The argument the other way I suppose is that they're super-duper verifying who I am and also it's a way to find people who they want for other reasons (I've heard the main point is to track down dead-beat dads who are behind on child support).

SSA has had a rough pandemic in more ways than one. That's beside the point here, but man, they are not easy to deal with.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I've always thought it was silly that Texas DPS requires an SSN card to give you a DL. What does my pension/safety net tax ID have to do with my ability to drive?

The argument the other way I suppose is that they're super-duper verifying who I am and also it's a way to find people who they want for other reasons (I've heard the main point is to track down dead-beat dads who are behind on child support).

SSA has had a rough pandemic in more ways than one. That's beside the point here, but man, they are not easy to deal with.
    Should be a certified birth certificate and, where applicable, a green card or visa.

SSN card makes no sense.

No government organization is easy to deal with or the least bit efficient.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Should be a certified birth certificate and, where applicable, a green card or visa.

SSN card makes no sense.

No government organization is easy to deal with or the least bit efficient.
    Visa wouldn't tell you anything. They have a (flawed) database to help establish visa status (they're really proud of it, but I take issue with some of the specific coding).

I deal with a number of government entities and while I wouldn't necessarily say any are "easy to deal with" I think lately SSA has been in their own special category (of the ones I deal with). Tough times for them.

+ Reply to Thread