+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

I thought having a thread related to the corona-virus (Covid-19) in Louisiana might be useful. While I'm interested in what's going on in the USA and worldwide, I'm particularly interested in what's going on in my own back yard (so to speak). Also being stuck at home I'm going stir crazy.

Here's the site (http://ldh.la.gov/coronavirus/) I typically look at for information on the cases in Louisiana. Gives a good break down by parishes. If you have another you prefer please provide.

Why are we so hard hit in New Orleans? I don't think it would be a big jump to say Mardi Gras and population density.

As I was typing I googled to see whether I could find anything. Seems the Governor thinks so also, https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...way-story.html.

New Orleans, LA has a population of 382,922 and is the 51st largest city in the United States. The population density is 2,260 per sq mi which is 1993% higher than the Louisiana average and 2395% higher than the national average.

Any other thoughts?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

I think it is a cultural issue as well. New Orleans is very socially oriented. Bars, parties, socializing in general are big parts of life. If locals got it as far back as Mardis Gras they had plenty of time to socialize and spread it around. Even stay at home orders won't stop most people from visiting with neighbors and checking on elderly friends/family and potentially spreading it to the very people they are trying to protect. I think people are getting the picture now that just because you don't have symptoms doesn't mean you don't have it, but early on that was probably lost on most.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Louisiana’s have a defiant streak.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Louisiana’s have a defiant streak.
    Eff you, no we don't!!!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Crazy and uncooperative. Not a good combo for slowing a pandemic.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

More cases, more deaths, 53 of 64 parishes with at least one infection. But the good news is that positive test rate is down to 12.7%. We're getting more in line with the national average.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Crazy and uncooperative. Not a good combo for slowing a pandemic.
    The liberals and radical commie leftist "Squad" on the national scale? Yes we know.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    More cases, more deaths, 53 of 64 parishes with at least one infection. But the good news is that positive test rate is down to 12.7%. We're getting more in line with the national average.
    The more you test the lower all pertinent rates will fall especially the mortality rate.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    The more you test the lower all pertinent rates will fall especially the mortality rate.
    Yes, up to now, and still even now tests are being given to those who have the highest possibility of being infected. It was, and still is, a targeted sample. As tests become widespread and random the rates will drop tremendously. So, the positive rate dropping from a high of 24% down to 12% is no surprise.

I bet you could go across the state and randomly selected 100 people and test them. Chances are VERY good you'd have a 0% infection rate. But, that would skew reality the other way. C-19 is out there and it is spreading. There is no 0% presence of the virus in the state (and of course we know that!). Latest numbers in the state there have been about 18,000 people tested. That is only .45% of the population ( < 1).

I can tell you with absolute certainty that website tracking Louisiana's C-19 scoreboard is not 100% accurate and/or up to date.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

I can tell you with absolute certainty that website tracking Louisiana's C-19 scoreboard is not 100% accurate and/or up to date.
    No, you have to be kidding! It’s posted on local news stations and has been verified as accurate!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

I predict ventilators will be like travel trailers after Katrina. Unfortunately, the buying pool for ventilators is a lot smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    No, you have to be kidding! It’s posted on local news stations and has been verified as accurate!
    No, it's not, or maybe it just hasn't been updated. I know for a fact about several cases not included in the numbers, in certain parishes.

No, it's not, or maybe it just hasn't been updated. I know for a fact about several cases not included in the numbers, in certain parishes.
    Have you checked the infection2020.com site? It pulls data from multiple sources.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Never saw this coming:

The mayor of coronavirus-plagued New Orleans took a shot at Trump, saying the city would have canceled Mardi Gras if the federal government had taken the outbreak seriously

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-new-orleans-mardi-gras-mayor-slams-trump-response-2020-3

+ Reply to Thread