+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    And that leads to my question above. Are we certain this is the number 'testing' positive divided by the number of tests given? Has anyone seen this spelled out? I'm just curious as it seems we're still be given numbers with a lot of uncertainty as to where they are coming from. Additionally, how many already known positive people (who have 'tested' positive) are being retested and those numbers being thrown into the calculation? If you seen anywhere that discusses this for Louisiana please let me know.
    (225) 342-9500

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Not sure what is true, but what I am hearing is JBE's mandate of mask-wearing will, in a practical sense, only be enforced against small businesses by having licenses revoked and/or having utilities, including water, shut off at their business. LE officers will not be expected to be writing tickets to individuals in violation, although they could. The biggies, like Walmart, are expected to "enforce" mask-wearing by denying entry into the store to those w/o one. But small businesses are subject to being turned in via a complaint and suffering the above ramifications.

And what of private gatherings on private property i.e. someone having a party at a house? Will LE show up and demand everyone wear a mask and ticket those who refuse? Or will that house have its utilities shut off. The water can easily be turned back on by the property owner...unless the city/parish has a way to turn it off and then lock it.

Surely a lawsuit has already been filed and a judge will halt this illegal mandate in its tracks, as happened in S'port.
    I wouldn’t expect to blow up into Walmart tomorrow without a mask. Unless you want to be on YouTube...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Yeah huh, it’s absolutely worrisome.

What are other free countries that also depend on capitalism doing right that we’re getting wrong?
    It must be Trump's fault. Couldn't have anything to do with all those protests sponsored in the name of BLM and Antifa.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It must be Trump's fault. Couldn't have anything to do with all those protests sponsored in the name of BLM and Antifa.
    The protests that were outdoors with vast majority of people wearing masks. Early results look like it didn’t cause a spike in transmission.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020070120541

The facts just don’t line up with your politics...one again.

Hopefully Trump has made a u-turn on masks. That would help tremendously in the US getting things back under control.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I wouldn’t expect to blow up into Walmart tomorrow without a mask. Unless you want to be on YouTube...
    How does one "blow up into" a place? Did you mean "walk into?"

As for wearing a mask, I have, for the most part worn one in public places, especially indoor public places. Yeah, as I have freely documented, there have been a few times when I didn't have a mask with me because I left it in another vehicle or something. The question posed was about a lawsuit, such as the one that reversed the City of Shreveport's mandated mask-wearing edict.

As for being on YouTube...I have never been on it. That would be a first!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Wednesday - 9,610 hospitalized in TX.
    Missed a few days...

Sunday - 10,410 hospitalized in TX. Still accumulating, but the discharges and admits are moving in the direction of balancing it seems.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The protests that were outdoors with vast majority of people wearing masks. Early results look like it didn’t cause a spike in transmission.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020070120541

The facts just don’t line up with your politics...one again.
    Actually the facts don't line up with your politics. Suddenly social distancing does not really matter and out of the lists of things to do, social distancing makes the most sense. Like I've told you from day one, wearing a face covering or mask not worn correctly does NOTHING to keep the germs from floating around to the next "high sugar" rioter who they are standing shoulder to shoulder with.

Actually the facts don't line up with your politics. Suddenly social distancing does not really matter and out of the lists of things to do, social distancing makes the most sense. Like I've told you from day one, wearing a face covering or mask not worn correctly does NOTHING to keep the germs from floating around to the next "high sugar" rioter who they are standing shoulder to shoulder with.
    Basic ChemE 201 Transport Phenomena at play here. Those of us that took that class intuitively understand why it is safer to march shoulder outdoors with a mask than it is to have an indoor conversation at 6 feet unmasked for 30 minutes (or more than an hour with a mask).

Unmasked, closeness, duration, indoors are all factors determining how many viral particles will be transmitted to the other person.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

July 10

74,636 cases 3,272 deaths

1,117 in hosp 122 on vents
    July 13

79,827 cases 3,315 deaths

1,308 in hosp 142 on vents

Obviously the state did not have a good weekend...

Obviously the state did not have a good weekend...
    Looks like our Governor has his minions back reporting for convenience. How many of the recent bugs going around (seems to last less than 48 hours) are being reported as China Virus?

Well, turbo, I went to Stine's, Walmart, to a bank, to a supply yard, a small business in a strip mall, and then back to Walmart and at all those places were people without masks...and, no one got blown up or ended up on YouTube. Can you explain that?

BTW, I had my stupid mask on everywhere I went.

Looks like our Governor has his minions back reporting for convenience. How many of the recent bugs going around (seems to last less than 48 hours) are being reported as China Virus?
    I have some NSU athletes at one of my rentals and they are on Day 3 of a 14-day quarantine because one of them tested positive.

I have some NSU athletes at one of my rentals and they are on Day 3 of a 14-day quarantine because one of them tested positive.
    So does Tech and every other NCAA school. This is not going away, but apparently once the riots calm down we will be back to a full shut down. The death rates will be lower than they were in April and, as predicted, more testing = more cases if you can believe the tests now. It's mostly about keeping the economy disrupted. Not may of the Trump haters actually care about life and death.

I'll survive just fine without football in the fall.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread