+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1450

Thread: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Covid - 19 - Louisiana Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Yeah, but you weren’t the one that turned wearing masks into a political statement, making people want to resist the public health effort. And although we on BB&B follow you, you don’t enjoy the same largest megaphone in the world as the one that made mask-refusing an identity politics badge.
    Dude everyone is responsible for their own actions - atleast with most sane/reasonable people

I will say it again - the vast amount of non compilers in my part of the world didn’t vote for Trump....

How do you account for them...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Dude everyone is responsible for their own actions - atleast with most sane/reasonable people

I will say it again - the vast amount of non compilers in my part of the world didn’t vote for Trump....

How do you account for them...
    Didn’t say people aren’t responsible, but leadership also matters.

Are you sure they didn’t vote for Trump? Trump carried Webster Parrish handily.

Of course if the vast majority of folks are not wearing masks, it doesn’t really make much of a difference if the minority is from a community spread/ impact perspective.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Of course if the vast majority of folks are not wearing masks, it doesn’t really make much of a difference if the minority is from a community spread/ impact perspective.
    You always leave out the most important part...DISTANCING. That's not happening in Walmart, Target, etc..

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You always leave out the most important part...DISTANCING. That's not happening in Walmart, Target, etc..
    It isn’t crowded when I go, so your experience might be different.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It isn’t crowded when I go, so your experience might be different.
    That's because when people see you coming, they run screaming for the exits!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Are you sure they didn’t vote for Trump? Trump carried Webster Parrish handily.

I'd be willing to bet donuts to dollars -

Trump carried most every rural parish/county...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

The same thing we should have done back in April. If you are susceptible to death from or of China Virus, STAY HOME!

Punishing the healthy to protect those in danger is a ridiculous approach and especially when the rules don't apply or aren't enforced at large retail stores.
    I agree with most of this, but the biggest concern I have, is there have been so many people, that KNOW they have it, and still go out everywhere because they don't feel sick. I do have a high risk child that is not in school, and we take the responsibility to be careful, but not shut-down. I absolutely believe churches should be open, but do believe they need to be a little more responsible with it- at least the ones I am familiar with. I am sure there are some that do a better job of distancing. I miss going to church more than anything else we have lost during this year, but there is no way we could go there safely, so we watch on-line each Sunday. People are all going to have to do what works for them and their families- thinking of those they will impact if they get it. For example, my daughter in college came home for Thanksgiving, but was tested the day before she came home to make sure she wasn't bringing that home with her. No, that isn't reasonable all the time, but common sense goes a long way.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

The most hilarious pictures I have seen over all this are the people lined up to go into Sam's or Walmart. They can only have so many in the store, so they line up, with no distance at all to wait to social distance when they get inside. I don't understand the sheep mentality of that- but then when you think of the idiots that voted for Joe, maybe I should expect it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I agree with most of this, but the biggest concern I have, is there have been so many people, that KNOW they have it, and still go out everywhere because they don't feel sick. I do have a high risk child that is not in school, and we take the responsibility to be careful, but not shut-down. I absolutely believe churches should be open, but do believe they need to be a little more responsible with it- at least the ones I am familiar with. I am sure there are some that do a better job of distancing. I miss going to church more than anything else we have lost during this year, but there is no way we could go there safely, so we watch on-line each Sunday. People are all going to have to do what works for them and their families- thinking of those they will impact if they get it. For example, my daughter in college came home for Thanksgiving, but was tested the day before she came home to make sure she wasn't bringing that home with her. No, that isn't reasonable all the time, but common sense goes a long way.
    A understand and agree. Some of us like you and my family have had to make sacrifices to keep some of our loved ones safe. I agree about the church thing. Going to church without hugs and handshakes is not church IMO, so we are not participating out of respect to those who we might unknowingly infect.

This will pass soon. The design and reaction to China Virus was successful to a point, but America will survive.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    A understand and agree. Some of us like you and my family have had to make sacrifices to keep some of our loved ones safe. I agree about the church thing. Going to church without hugs and handshakes is not church IMO, so we are not participating out of respect to those who we might unknowingly infect.

This will pass soon. The design and reaction to China Virus was successful to a point, but America will survive.
    I think churches are an example where good leadership could certainly make a difference. People model the behavior of their leaders. Many churches are just flat out not adhering to the mask mandate (in direct violation of Romans 13...at least in Louisiana). Countless more have "policy" that they don't enforce (in effect violation of Rom 13).

I get it. Enforcement is uncomfortable and often requires difficult conversations, but churches have a great built-in "excuse" to enforce the mandates and yet, many balk. We attended our church once during the pandemic and it was clear that the policy was just words on a page. Very disappointing for those that are supposed to care for the "least of these".
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think churches are an example where good leadership could certainly make a difference. People model the behavior of their leaders. Many churches are just flat out not adhering to the mask mandate (in direct violation of Romans 13...at least in Louisiana). Countless more have "policy" that they don't enforce (in effect violation of Rom 13).

I get it. Enforcement is uncomfortable and often requires difficult conversations, but churches have a great built-in "excuse" to enforce the mandates and yet, many balk. We attended our church once during the pandemic and it was clear that the policy was just words on a page. Very disappointing for those that are supposed to care for the "least of these".
    But the party you voted for believes in the total “separation of church and state” so......... Hum....
    the California Governor and NY’s idiot Governor and NYC mayor sure don’t seem to believe that statement except when it fits their ideology.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

But the party you voted for believes in the total “separation of church and state” so......... Hum....so why are they mandating churches (especially Christian and Jewish as no word or report of Islamic ones) to cancel services?
    The California Governor and NY’s idiot Governor and NYC mayor sure don’t seem to believe the “separation” statement they tout except when it fits their ideology.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ray, that’s one of the pillars of OUR denomination.

Ray, that’s one of the pillars of OUR denomination.
    Yes.
    My point was how wrong they are with it’s true meaning and yet hypocritical with their definition of it at the same time.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Romans 13 got a lot of folks killed in New York when they listened to Cuomo.

Forgot to mention what it did to a lot of folks in Germany during WW2. I suppose Anne Frank herself was ratted out by someone submitting to the governing authorities.

+ Reply to Thread