+ Reply to Thread

Thread: interesting poll (TWSS)

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

interesting poll (TWSS)

https://csnbbs.com/thread-897646.html

Please read the instructions, don't put Tech as school #1, there is a different spot for "your school."

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Re: interesting poll (TWSS)

Really interesting. I wish the person that created it had allowed 12 choices but 10 is fine.

Everyone make sure to read the directions also. You put LaTech last as number 10, put your preferred non-Tech school first! The person that organized it should have done that differently.

A lot of people in the discussion bring up good points. There is a divide between the far eastern schools and far western schools. They aren't going to want to realign in a conference with each other thus the schools in the center are going to be voted for a lot more by both sides probably skewing how desirable they're going to look.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Really interesting. I wish the person that created it had allowed 12 choices but 10 is fine.

Everyone make sure to read the directions also. You put LaTech last as number 10, put your preferred non-Tech school first! The person that organized it should have done that differently.

A lot of people in the discussion bring up good points. There is a divide between the far eastern schools and far western schools. They aren't going to want to realign in a conference with each other thus the schools in the center are going to be voted for a lot more by both sides probably skewing how desirable they're going to look.
    I got the Tech part right, but may have screwed up the #9 spot. I read that as "school you'd least want to be in a conference with" rather than "school you'd 9th most want to be in a conference with out of these choices." Either way, as I said in that thread, I'd be happy with the 8 top vote getters plus Tech, at least as of when I last checked the totals - y'all may have screwed it up by now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Based on the early returns, we ain't doing well.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

highest mutual interest = Tech/southern miss

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I got the Tech part right, but may have screwed up the #9 spot. I read that as "school you'd least want to be in a conference with" rather than "school you'd 9th most want to be in a conference with out of these choices." Either way, as I said in that thread, I'd be happy with the 8 top vote getters plus Tech, at least as of when I last checked the totals - y'all may have screwed it up by now.
    yeah, same .

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I tried. I hit usm as the first choice to be in a conference with. After that, I couldn’t make myself pick another so I quit

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

More good content from inudesu. I am interested to see the results.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I glanced at the spreadsheet with the raw data. There are 1,032 responses. I'll be interested to see if a "by consensus" 10-team league will be produced. I am not sure we will make that top 10, and if we do, we will just barely. Appears JMU, Appy State, Marshall, ODU seem to be leading in the "vote getting." There is an eastern bias.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I glanced at the spreadsheet with the raw data. There are 1,032 responses. I'll be interested to see if a "by consensus" 10-team league will be produced. I am not sure we will make that top 10, and if we do, we will just barely. Appears JMU, Appy State, Marshall, ODU seem to be leading in the "vote getting." There is an eastern bias.
    I don't think that's the goal.

It's more about which schools want to be associated with which other schools. There is a really strong message board mentality (certainly on the CUSA board there, I guess also for the SB) where fans are pushing for conferences that are more geographically based. I think it's telling that these are mostly the fans of teams that came up to FBS from very regional FCS conferences (as opposed to a team that, I don't know, spent better than 10 years as the outlier in the WAC).

+ Reply to Thread