+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Dave Nitz's Call Against Michigan State?

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Anyone have Dave Nitz's Call Against Michigan State?

If you do, send it to me, please. This is a great clip of Luke hitting Curry, but it needs Dave's voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDDevnrbq0&feature=youtu.be

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Anyone have Dave Nitz's Call Against Michigan State?

We trailed 19-7 with about 2 mins left, and scored twice. We also had something like 6 or 7 turnovers that game otherwise we would have won easily. Amazing to commit that many TOs and still win like that.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

I listened to most of the game on the radio....and caught the last 2 on TV. Yes...6 turnovers

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

We (family} en route to L.R. Ark listening on radio. Checked in the HI and watched the last few minutes on the TV.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I was listening to that game while playing golf. Still remember it like it was yesterday.

I am asking this question because I recall having it at one point...it was on a highlight tape of some sort.....but I've lost it.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    I am asking this question because I recall having it at one point...it was on a highlight tape of some sort.....but I've lost it.
    I do remember that call, as well. I've slept over the past 16 plus years, but it might have been Dawgpix that posted it.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

EJ did post this thread on the board the week after the game. Obviously the links no longer work. But someone out there has the files or copies.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?18689-Audio-of-Last-2-Touchdowns-vs-Mich-St-and-Press-Conference

In looking back at this game, a few things that stand out:

-This was a money game for us. We got a $500,000 check for making the trip to East Lansing.

-We had 5 turnovers to none for MSU. How often does a G5 program defeat a P5 on the road at -5 in turnovers? How many times has that happened in the last 50 years?

-The game was on ESPN+. At the time ESPN+ was a syndication network for individual stations and networks that carried programming provided by ESPN. It was on Cox Sports Television in Louisiana and other parts of the south and on a large group of stations nationally, especially in the northeast and upper midwest.

-While the game was on ESPN+ the Big 10 games on ESPN and ESPN2 ended early that Saturday. So the entire 4th quarter of the Tech-MSU game was simulcast on ESPN2 and ESPN+, and the final 2 drives of the game were simulcast on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN+.

-The Detroit Free Press beat writer that day covering MSU was future ESPN reporter/talking head Jemelle Hill.

-Dawgpix was there, and on the final drive he set up in the corner of the endzone, just in front of DJ Curry as he made the winning catch. Incredible pic.

-Michigan State went on to win 8 games in the regular season, including 5 in a row after losing to Tech. The Spartans defeated Notre Dame the following week and fought their way into the Top 15 later in the season.

The postgame coverage that day on ESPN and ABC can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da7lpQ_OlM0
    Last edited by The Historian; 04-18-2020 at 04:50 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDwKiYSRNY

T
    his is what I'm shooting for....

and by the way, has anyone ever seen the video of Eric Franklin catching the pass from McCown vs Oklahoma State? I can't find it. Have never seen it

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Michigan State fans were the worst of any fans who have ever visited this board. Didn't hear much out of them after the game though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDwKiYSRNY

T
    his is what I'm shooting for....

and by the way, has anyone ever seen the video of Eric Franklin catching the pass from McCown vs Oklahoma State? I can't find it. Have never seen it
    Who is the person with the very excited, but squeaky voiced "Yes!" right as Cangelosi makes the catch? One of our coaches?

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Who is the person with the very excited, but squeaky voiced "Yes!" right as Cangelosi makes the catch? One of our coaches?
    Don't know but it sounds like a very young Malcolm. I think he's my age so he would be very very young for that call, but I have always thought it was him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    In looking back at this game, a few things that stand out:

-This was a money game for us. We got a $500,000 check for making the trip to East Lansing.

-We had 5 turnovers to none for MSU. How often does a G5 program defeat a P5 on the road at -5 in turnovers? How many times has that happened in the last 50 years?

-The game was on ESPN+. At the time ESPN+ was a syndication network for individual stations and networks that carried programming provided by ESPN. It was on Cox Sports Television in Louisiana and other parts of the south and on a large group of stations nationally, especially in the northeast and upper midwest.

-While the game was on ESPN+ the Big 10 games on ESPN and ESPN2 ended early that Saturday. So the entire 4th quarter of the Tech-MSU game was simulcast on ESPN2 and ESPN+, and the final 2 drives of the game were simulcast on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN+.

-The Detroit Free Press beat writer that day covering MSU was future ESPN reporter/talking head Jemelle Hill.

-Dawgpix was there, and on the final drive he set up in the corner of the endzone, just in front of DJ Curry as he made the winning catch. Incredible pic.

-Michigan State went on to win 8 games in the regular season, including 5 in a row after losing to Tech. The Spartans defeated Notre Dame the following week and fought their way into the Top 15 later in the season.

The postgame coverage that day on ESPN and ABC can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da7lpQ_OlM0
    Good stuff. Thanks for posting that. I remember Michigan St had a real hot shot QB at the time named Jeff Smoker. Seemed like every time you turned on ESPN, all they could do was talk about Smoker. Needless to say, in the 4th Qtr of that game, Luke McCown told Smoker to "hold my beer, and WATCH THIS!" All Smoker could do was just watch from the sideline as McCown moved the Bulldogs down the field with surgical precision, and on to another victory.

Whatever happened to Jeff Smoker anyway, you ask? Well not much. He spent a couple of years in the NFL with the Rams, before becoming a starting QB in the Arena Football league. The Bleacher Report caught up with him back in 2008.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-isjeff-smoker

+ Reply to Thread