+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have Dave Nitz's Call Against Michigan State?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Anyone have Dave Nitz's Call Against Michigan State?

Great as that win was -- it was the bright spot in an otherwise baaaad season.

That win alone probably let JB3 linger on for a season more than he would have otherwise.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWmJfsvjvy4

Since I don't have Dave's voice, I tried some Tech music in the background. Best I could do

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I stayed up very late for this one.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good stuff. Thanks for posting that. I remember Michigan St had a real hot shot QB at the time named Jeff Smoker. Seemed like every time you turned on ESPN, all they could do was talk about Smoker. Needless to say, in the 4th Qtr of that game, Luke McCown told Smoker to "hold my beer, and WATCH THIS!" All Smoker could do was just watch from the sideline as McCown moved the Bulldogs down the field with surgical precision, and on to another victory.

Whatever happened to Jeff Smoker anyway, you ask? Well not much. He spent a couple of years in the NFL with the Rams, before becoming a starting QB in the Arena Football league. The Bleacher Report caught up with him back in 2008.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-isjeff-smoker
    Didn't he get knocked out of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Michigan State fans were the worst of any fans who have ever visited this board. Didn't hear much out of them after the game though.
    Didn't they crash the whole board?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Didn't he get knocked out of the game?
    Yes, he did. Don't remember the quarter but he was knocked out of it.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I stayed up very late for this one.
    I thought it was an afternoon game. My memory, which can play tricks on me, tells me I was working on a deer stand or some such project in my driveway while listening to the game.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I thought it was an afternoon game. My memory, which can play tricks on me, tells me I was working on a deer stand or some such project in my driveway while listening to the game.
    It was an afternoon game.

But inu was living in Djibouti or something at the time so that's why he had to stay up late.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I was in Japan. Would listen online, I had just given up and decided to grab a couple of hours when it got good - not sure I slept at all that night (and had to be at church - so no sleeping in on Sunday). A noon kickoff would have been like a 2-3 am start time for me I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

inu was living in Djibouti
    To be fair, it was the Kinki Region of Japan.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

To be fair, it was the Kinki Region .
    TWSS

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

To be fair, it was the Kinki Region of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    TWSS

+ Reply to Thread