+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Covid

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Covid

The only thing Covid 19 saved was our Co-HC’s

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Covid

Okay.

Who would you have hired? I think Karen Aston might have been an interesting choice.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Disagree. If anything this virus mess robbed them of a strong finish to the season. I think we were headed into the conference title game in Frisco. I won't/can't say we would have won it, but I do think it would have been a heckuva game and the Techsters, and thus Brooke, would have left fans with a good feeling about where the program is.

The tourney was yanked away from them, from everyone, and so we will never truly know. But I do know the measure of Brooke's mettle and I still believe she has what it takes to get the job done here. Regardless, "our Co-HCs" weren't going anywhere at this time, virus or no virus.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Disagree. If anything this virus mess robbed them of a strong finish to the season. I think we were headed into the conference title game in Frisco. I won't/can't say we would have won it, but I do think it would have been a heckuva game and the Techsters, and thus Brooke, would have left fans with a good feeling about where the program is.

The tourney was yanked away from them, from everyone, and so we will never truly know. But I do know the measure of Brooke's mettle and I still believe she has what it takes to get the job done here. Regardless, "our Co-HCs" weren't going anywhere at this time, virus or no virus.
    I agree... They looked great in the tournament. Things were coming together at just the right time. I do wish we could start and finish strong, though. I hope that next year (if things return to a somewhat half way normal season), she can finally put together a great season. We need to pick up where we left off in the tournament.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Champ
    What would you consider a "great season"?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Champ
    What would you consider a "great season"?
    I would be happy right now with just winning the conference tournament and heading back to the NCAA. Of course, I would want to build on that each year. The first year we make it back, we will likely get a low seed and be one and done. If we slowly built up from that to be a top 20 team again, that would be truly successful. Anything above that would be amazing. I don't think it is reasonable to think we could ever be what we were in the 80's and, even, the 90's, but getting back to the dance on a regular basis would be a start. As bad as it seems we have been, we are about in the middle of the pack nationally taking every NCAA team into account. One step at a time. I will celebrate each win and hope we can start building a winning program again. That has to start with the first step of making it back to the tournament.

To answer your question right now of "a great season" - getting back to the tournament. More after that, though.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Used to be if the Techsters finished 11thin the country it was considered a disappointing season, now if they finish 11th in the conference and win a conference tourney game fans are excited. What a difference a couple of decades make.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Used to be if the Techsters finished 11thin the country it was considered a disappointing season, now if they finish 11th in the conference and win a conference tourney game fans are excited. What a difference a couple of decades make.
    I don't think anyone thinks that the season went well and no one is "excited", but we want to see that fight again and they finished looking like they were going to make a run. It just gives hope after a dismal season.....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks that the season went well and no one is "excited", but we want to see that fight again and they finished looking like they were going to make a run. It just gives hope after a dismal season.....
    I used to rag you for your overly zealous optimism, but I kind of miss it now. I suppose in the midst of this virus mess and, back on topic, given the decline of our WBB program, even a flickering candle light in a storm is a welcome sight.

We all knew change was coming, and knew it back in the 1990's when we were still relevant in the sport. The big, RICH, schools were starting to invest in WBB and soon it too would join the arms' race all college sports have succumbed to. It was a matter of time of when Tech would follow the path of Immaculata College, Delta State and the others who went from national dominance to total obscurity. Water under the bridge...all history now.

So, looking forward, I think we can get to a point of being an annual contender for the conference title, winning our share of crowns, and dancing again.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I don't fall in that "fans get excited" crowd. They have performed so poorly, it is difficult to care anymore. I would like for them to do something to get excited about though- soon.

+ Reply to Thread