+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech face coverings?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech face coverings?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not me. That fresh air smelled so good this morning. Mmmm...... ...and the Empanadas I ate off the food truck at the Farmers Market were GREAT without a mask too!! Also, I didn't wear a mask when I took a Southwest Airlines plane flight to Nashville Sunday night either.

By the way, what's up with the people wearing a mask and plastic gloves WHEN DRIVING THEIR OWN CAR, and no one else is in the car with 'em? I see it all the time now. Who are they protecting?
    Some people can't figure out 4-way stops. Don't expect them to grasp the whole mask thingy.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Not me. That fresh air smelled so good this morning. Mmmm...... ...and the Empanadas I ate off the food truck at the Farmers Market were GREAT without a mask too!! Also, I didn't wear a mask when I took a Southwest Airlines plane flight to Nashville Sunday night either.

By the way, what's up with the people wearing a mask and plastic gloves WHEN DRIVING THEIR OWN CAR, and no one else is in the car with 'em? I see it all the time now. Who are they protecting?
    The air in my backyard smells fresher than the air around Lowe’s.

But nothing says, “I don’t care about anyone other than myself” like not wearing a mask.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    They don’t understand they are transferring anything they touch to their car. My wife is very high risk because of multiple factors so i wear gloves and take them off before touching anything turning them inside out with one inside the other and put in bag and throw the whole thing away in the outside trash .
    I still think that out of compassion for the workers being exposed to the total population I should wear a mask to protect them. This is my feeling and you can do as you please until you run into someone who has lost a loved one and your next to him and being in a Texas you may get another point of view explained to you.
    Ps I don’t wear gloves or mask in my car , but when picking up at the drive through or will call I put my mask on to protect the severs.
    I cut and edged my yard and didn’t wear a mask but did wear gloves because the string trimmer kicks up stuff, oh yea I wear safety glasses when running it as well .
    You're not the only person in the world who has someone they care about that falls into a "high risk" category. My biggest concern is for my parents. They are obviously elderly, and therefore high risk candidates for catching coronavirus and not being able to recover. So they are staying quarantined, and we're taking extra precautions with them. However, with respect to your wife & my parents, many of the rest of us --in the lower risk categories-- can go back to work. No, there's no guarantee that those who return to work won't catch coronavirus, BUT the statistics say that if you do catch it, you have a very high statistical chance of recovering, as long as you're not in one of the high risk categories.

Medical professionals have told us from the very beginning that it's people in the high risk categories --like your wife & my parents that are the most susceptible to catching coronavirus, and possibly not recovering. People with preexisting health conditions, the elderly, etc....need to take special precautions. No one disputes that. Let me repeat: NO ONE DISPUTES THAT. So, the folks in this category need to stay home, stay quarantined and take EXTRA precautions (e.g., masks, gloves, etc...) when interacting with others. But, for most us interacting with low risk people, wearing a mask is just not necessary, and nothing more than a fashion toy. Especially when driving a car alone. By yourself. With no one in it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The air in my backyard smells fresher than the air around Lowe’s.

But Guisslapp says, “I don’t care about anyone other than myself” like I do. I love myself.
    FIFY. So you say.

Let me here you say Baaaa........

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

You're not the only person in the world who has someone they care about that falls into a "high risk" category. My biggest concern is for my parents. They are obviously elderly, and therefore high risk candidates for catching coronavirus and not being able to recover. So they are staying quarantined, and we're taking extra precautions with them. However, with respect to your wife & my parents, many of the rest of us --in the lower risk categories-- can go back to work. No, there's no guarantee that those who return to work won't catch coronavirus, BUT the statistics say that if you do catch it, you have a very high statistical chance of recovering, as long as you're not in one of the high risk categories.

Medical professionals have told us from the very beginning that it's people in the high risk categories --like your wife & my parents that are the most susceptible to catching coronavirus, and possibly not recovering. People with preexisting health conditions, the elderly, etc....need to take special precautions. No one disputes that. Let me repeat: NO ONE DISPUTES THAT. So, the folks in this category need to stay home, stay quarantined and take EXTRA precautions (e.g., masks, gloves, etc...) when interacting with others. But, for most us interacting with low risk people, wearing a mask is just not necessary, and nothing more than a fashion toy. Especially when driving a car alone. By yourself. With no one in it.
    You don’t wear a mask to avoid getting coronavirus. We all are supposed to wear them to limit accidentally spreading it. You wear the mask for others. Not yourself.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

You don’t wear a mask to avoid getting coronavirus. We all are supposed to wear them to limit accidentally spreading it. You wear the mask for others. Not yourself.
    And there's a good change that you're most contagious when you're pre-symptomatic.

I've been pretty surprised how many folks I've seen taking the guidance seriously in Shreveport.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    And there's a good change that you're most contagious when you're pre-symptomatic.

I've been pretty surprised how many folks I've seen taking the guidance seriously in Shreveport.
    Are pre-symptomatic people coughing and sneezing?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

What about the symptomatic people that think if they wear a mask everything will be ok?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

You can’t fix stupid .

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I wear my Tech mask in public for the same reason I cough into my elbow and apply underarm deodorant. The same reason I aim for the bowl and flush when I'm done.

Like much of the personal hygiene we practice, it's done principally as a courtesy to others. (And sometimes I forget it's there when I get back in the car.)

If that makes me a sheeple, then it's one I'm proud to be.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I wear my Tech mask in public for the same reason I cough into my elbow and apply underarm deodorant. The same reason I aim for the bowl and flush when I'm done.

Like much of the personal hygiene we practice, it's done principally as a courtesy to others. (And sometimes I forget it's there when I get back in the car.)

If that makes me a sheeple, then it's one I'm proud to be.

Maybe you will better understand this way:

If we all ran around naked and someone pees on you, you get wet right away. If you are wearing pants, you only get a little wet because you are better protected.

But if the guy who pees is also wearing pants, he is the only one that gets wet. The pee stays with him and you don’t get wet.

Makes sense now?
    Another analogy:

N95 mask = condom
    Surgical/ Cloth/ Homemade mask </= to pull out method

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Are pre-symptomatic people coughing and sneezing?
    Maybe they have allergies and they sneeze. Maybe they just have trouble with their P's and they spit when they talk. Maybe they are close talkers and they get really fired up when they talk and the recipient gets a shower.

This is not new technology or biology.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Seriously, that's what you surmised from my post?

Then that INVISIBLE person in the car with the driver wearing the mask and gloves should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    You can’t fix stupid .
    ....Nope, you sure can't. And you also can't fix sheeple who are waiting for the government to tell them everything to do, and expect the government take care of them.

+ Reply to Thread