Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
Can you explain that to me? I don't see how either video (the supposed video I haven't seen, but I'll take your word for it...I've seen the one of him in the construction site) should change the charges. The McMichaels had no first hand knowledge of any crime (by their own account of the situation supplied to the police at the time of the incident), thus they had no justification for a citizens arrest. Without the citizens arrest, any defense they have falls apart.
Sorry, out of pocket yesterday. I don't mean that it should change the charges. I mean that realistically I think it changes the level of conviction they might be able to get.

I have watched the second video and honestly don't see what they said it shows. I see a man come into frame and head down the street, but I couldn't tell that he was coming out of a house or even for sure that it was him. The video looks like it is from a neighbors security camera.

Regardless, I suspect a jury will find it easier to convict the two for killing a jogger vs killing a burglar. Doesn't change any of the facts of what happened, but realistically it might change the outcome. I said it will affect the level of charges they can bring against the two killers, but what I meant was it will change the level of charges they can successfully bring against the two men in my opinion.