+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for Ahmaud

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Justice for Ahmaud

What are your thoughts on this? I can't see how these guys don't get some kind of charges against them. This is crazy.

This probably contradicts something I said about the Travon case, but I think it's time there is a minimum punishment for someone dying because of an attempt at vigilante justice/ citizen arrest. I realize one of the guys was a former or off duty cop, but still. They introduced the guns into the situation, put themselves in a position where their gun was in jeopardy and someone died as a result. They should both be facing some jail time in my opinion.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/us/ahmaud-arbery-jogging-georgia-shooting/index.html

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Re: Justice for Ahmaud

From the limited information available to me, I would have to agree that some sort of charges are needed. If you're going to embark on vigilante justice/citizen arrest you better be certain you're going after the guilty person. I wouldn't be to inclined to speak with someone who was following me and tried to cut me off while I was jogging.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    From the limited information available to me, I would have to agree that some sort of charges are needed. If you're going to embark on vigilante justice/citizen arrest you better be certain you're going after the guilty person. I wouldn't be to inclined to speak with someone who was following me and tried to cut me off while I was jogging.
    Agree, I don't have a problem with them following him and calling the cops if they think he is the guy who is breaking into houses or whatever. I also don't have a problem with them being armed necessarily, but when they get out of the truck with their weapons all bets are off. They put everyone in an unnecessary risk. That was the most damning thing about the Travon Martin case to me. He was told to stay in his vehicle and he got out with his gun and put everyone at risk. I don't think I advocated for punishment then because I didn't think Murder was provable and it might be hard in this case as well, but there needs to be something. If the guy is going to get away unless you put yourself in harms way, I'm sorry but he just has to get away. They are the aggressors here and they created the situation. Something should be done.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Like his boss for 8 years, Joe Biden has made up his mind already though he has none of the facts. Using Biden’s methodology, I would say he’s a pedophile based on my observations of his behavior.

I agree it looks bad, but I’ll withhold judgement until all the facts are in.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Like his boss for 8 years, Joe Biden has made up his mind already though he has none of the facts. Using Biden’s methodology, I would say he’s a pedophile based on my observations of his behavior.

I agree it looks bad, but I’ll withhold judgement until all the facts are in.
    Same. This seems like a case with the potential to make a lot of people look foolish who speak their minds too soon.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

What more facts can come out? Hard to get both sides of a case when one of the parties is dead.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    What more facts can come out? Hard to get both sides of a case when one of the parties is dead.
    I thought that's why we had investigators. Generally in a homicide situation one of the parties is dead; however, they still seem to investigate it.

Like I said before. I definitely think they should be charged. However, as we know we rarely get all the facts from the media.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I thought that's why we had investigators. Generally in a homicide situation one of the parties is dead; however, they still seem to investigate it.

Like I said before. I definitely think they should be charged. However, as we know we rarely get all the facts from the media.
    Yes, we have a system for dealing with these things. The same system that failed to charge the vigilante pair.

Yes, we have a system for dealing with these things. The same system that failed to charge the vigilante pair.
    I haven't heard any updates, but I think they are presenting this to bring charges. Ridiculous that they weren't arrested at the time, but they are blaming the COVID situation.

I typically agree that we need to get the facts straght before we jump to a conclusion, but I'm not sure what facts would need to come out to prevent some punishment for the two men accused.

It's been 2+ months since this happened and they are just now getting around to pursuing the case. I have no idea what kind or quality of investigation was done at the time, but this is a terrible look for the state of Georgia and justice in general. Also I don't feel like this has been covered in the media very much. I only noticed it because Boston Scott retweeted the actual video of the guy getting shot ( I don't recommend watching it). Otherwise I would not have even known about this. Maybe there is more to the story, but it still seems like a senseless death.

I just watched the video. It made me ill. There is no case to be made that these men were acting in self-defense. Two armed men LEFT THEIR VEHICLE to confront an unarmed man and the unarmed man was killed. The guy with the long gun never appeared in danger of losing his firearm to me.

They should be prosecuted for murder.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Is there more video than what was shown on CNN?

Gregory and Travis McMichael have been arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault.

I just watched the video. It made me ill. There is no case to be made that these men were acting in self-defense. Two armed men LEFT THEIR VEHICLE to confront an unarmed man and the unarmed man was killed. The guy with the long gun never appeared in danger of losing his firearm to me.

They should be prosecuted for murder.
    Them getting out of the truck is what does it for me. It's bad enough to follow him. Call the police if you think he's the guy, try to keep an eye on him until they arrive. They had no right to have an armed confrontation with him. They had not witnessed a crime, they weren't protecting themselves, they weren't protecting their property. They were harassing someone. I guess if they find Ahmaud's car and it was full of severed heads I might say let them go, they got lucky with this one. Other than that I just don't see how this could be excused.

+ Reply to Thread