+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Justice for Ahmaud

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Justice for Ahmaud

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    In a preliminary court hearing, an investigator testified that Travis McMichael can be heard using a racial slur as he was standing over Arbery as he died.
    See, that to me is much better evidence that the killing was premeditated

I'm not on board with hate crime designations, but murder is murder

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

GA has no hate crime law. It'll be interesting to see if the FBI gets involved.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve seen video of at least 5 hate crimes in the last month. Oh wait, that was all black on white crimes. Nothing to see here.

Just innocent victims of systemic racism.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Should there be enhanced punishment or crimes for terrorism or should terrorism just be prosecuted on assault/battery, murder and other criminal law?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I’ve seen video of at least 5 hate crimes in the last month. Oh wait, that was all black on white crimes. Nothing to see here.

Just innocent victims of systemic racism.
    Bless your heart.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Bless your heart.
    A form of reparations you approve of no doubt.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that is the case, they are pursuing a federal hate crime charge.

Should there be enhanced punishment or crimes for terrorism or should terrorism just be prosecuted on assault/battery, murder and other criminal law?
    I'm not sure. I don't think so. Of course, if you were premeditating to blow up, say, 100 people, that's a lot of charges. So it's more of a philosophical difference to me, I guess.

I believe that is the case, they are pursuing a federal hate crime charge.

I'm not sure. I don't think so. Of course, if you were premeditating to blow up, say, 100 people, that's a lot of charges. So it's more of a philosophical difference to me, I guess.
    Obviously hate crime laws and terrorism laws are similar. In essence, they are based on the idea that the victim goes beyond the victim that is harmed by the ordinary crime - that the crime was directed to a broader group of people and they are in some way also victims.

Obviously hate crime laws and terrorism laws are similar. In essence, they are based on the idea that the victim goes beyond the victim that is harmed by the ordinary crime - that the crime was directed to a broader group of people and they are in some way also victims.
    I understand the logic of it. I'm not sure I want a standard that can be so nebulous. There are (or I believe there to be) differences between a crime perpetrated on me, intended for me, and connected to me because of some property I happen to share with the actual victims.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

All three have been indicted.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread