+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-USA Esports Challenge Begins Monday

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: C-USA Esports Challenge Begins Monday

No idea. It was yesterday, NOT STREAMED AGAIN, and no updates on Twitter.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    No idea. It was yesterday, NOT STREAMED AGAIN, and no updates on Twitter.
    I must admit I was wrong, CUSA missed a huge opportunity here. This was a giant event with millions of followers. Who needs the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and college sports when we have esports?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I still think we will win. Just hope the players are healthly.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I must admit I was wrong, CUSA missed a huge opportunity here. This was a giant event with millions of followers. Who needs the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and college sports when we have esports?
    Given the exploding popularity of esports and the low entry bar it really does boggle the mind. I know you're being sarcastic but there's really no need for that. I bet with the right marketing, viewership would be respectable at least.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

They showed the virtual 24 hrs at Le Mans yesterday on ESPN. While it doesn’t seem like it to a lot of people yet, there is a market and a lot of money starting to flow through esports.

I know this may come as an utter shock, but we lost the championship game.

Bummer, we can't even win a pretend conference championship. This was a blowout. That ODU guy must play lots of video games, our guy was doing pretty good I think.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Well poot!

Given the exploding popularity of esports and the low entry bar it really does boggle the mind. I know you're being sarcastic but there's really no need for that. I bet with the right marketing, viewership would be respectable at least.
    Well I am in the wrong demographic for video games, over 50. Although my 80 year old mother-in-law plays video games, not sure she would watch though. It is funny buying video games for a teen age boy and his gradmother at the same time.

As for this tournament.... With the right marketing and management maybe a couple of folks might have watched. CUSA providing that marketing and management? Not a chance, it took them 48 hours to post the results of the final game, after they teased it on Saturday. I just hope it wasn't delayed due to the health of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Well I am in the wrong demographic for video games, over 50. Although my 80 year old mother-in-law plays video games, not sure she would watch though. It is funny buying video games for a teen age boy and his gradmother at the same time.

As for this tournament.... With the right marketing and management maybe a couple of folks might have watched. CUSA providing that marketing and management? Not a chance, it took them 48 hours to post the results of the final game, after they teased it on Saturday. I just hope it wasn't delayed due to the health of the players.
    My point is there is a market even if you're not the target.

But you're right. Do you know how much it would have cost to do the bare minimum of marketing and management for this? Zero dollars. Maybe if you counted up the 5 minutes worth of salary it would have been a couple of bucks. The ROI on this would be huge simply because the denominator was so small.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

the denominator was so small.
    twss

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Of course we did....because we played against ODU. It's still MENTAL against them for some reason.

My point is there is a market even if you're not the target.

But you're right. Do you know how much it would have cost to do the bare minimum of marketing and management for this? Zero dollars. Maybe if you counted up the 5 minutes worth of salary it would have been a couple of bucks. The ROI on this would be huge simply because the denominator was so small.
    You should become the CUSA Digital Marketing Manager. Get them to agree to hire you with a base salary and a percentage of total revenues. You will become rich!

+ Reply to Thread