+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulldog Legends Banner Coming to Joe Aillet Stadium - latechsports.com

Hybrid View

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bulldog Legends Banner Coming to Joe Aillet Stadium - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Banners currently surround Joe Aillet Stadium, honoring some of the greatest Louisiana Tech football players in program history like Willie Roaf, Fred Dean and Terry Bradshaw.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Bulldog Legends Banner Coming to Joe Aillet Stadium - latechsports.com

This will be an exciting vote that will require some thought!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

How bout painted murals on the new bricked in sides

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The University of South Alabama (USA) is on the verge of completing their new football stadium. IMO, it just looks a little funny.....too small, or rinky dink.

That said, I like what they're doing with the corner "end zone" seating, and even putting in a Beer Garden! Yes! You read that right! HD's long time dream of an open air Beer Garden at the football stadium will come true this fall for USA fans. It's too bad we couldn't have done it first.

Anyway, the new beer garden is talked about around the 23 min mark. Looks like I was just way ahead of my time.

https://usajaguars.com/watch/?Archive=4596&type=Archive

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The University of South Alabama (USA) is on the verge of completing their new football stadium. IMO, it just looks a little funny.....too small, or rinky dink.

That said, I like what they're doing with the corner "end zone" seating, and even putting in a Beer Garden! Yes! You read that right! HD's long time dream of an open air Beer Garden at the football stadium will come true this fall for USA fans. It's too bad we couldn't have done it first.

Anyway, the new beer garden is talked about around the 23 min mark. Looks like I was just way ahead of my time.

https://usajaguars.com/watch/?Archive=4596&type=Archive
    I recall your touting that for quite a while. It could easily be put in the DAC but I guess would not be accessible for all fans. What is your vision, location, etc?
    A good idea, I think.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I recall your touting that for quite a while. It could easily be put in the DAC but I guess would not be accessible for all fans. What is your vision, location, etc?
    A good idea, I think.
    We should add it to the north end zone —probably in the northwest corner of the stadium— between our Jumbotron and our west side of JAS. A lot like USA is doing.

Doing this would accomplish several things: in addition to giving Tech a stadium beer garden, it would add seating for a very low cost, make good use of a currently dormant area of the stadium and Help to enclose the north end of the stadium (which needs to happen anyway). We can even add an “outdoor” entrance to the beer garden so it will be accessible directly from the parking lot. Tech could also add a 2nd “bar front“ that actually faces the blue parking lot so they could sell alcohol all day on game day.....even to people who don’t enter the stadium. This could actually be a money maker for Tech if managed properly.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    We should add it to the north end zone —probably in the northwest corner of the stadium— between our Jumbotron and our west side of JAS. A lot like USA is doing.

Doing this would accomplish several things: in addition to giving Tech a stadium beer garden, it would add seating for a very low cost, make good use of a currently dormant area of the stadium and Help to enclose the north end of the stadium (which needs to happen anyway). We can even add an “outdoor” entrance to the beer garden so it will be accessible directly from the parking lot. Tech could also add a 2nd “bar front“ that actually faces the blue parking lot so they could sell alcohol all day on game day.....even to people who don’t enter the stadium. This could actually be a money maker for Tech if managed properly.
    Totally agree with this...

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Deadline coming on June 5th.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

South Alabama's stadium is similiar to others like Tulane's, the stadium in Frisco, Colorado State, and others who have added a lounge or beer garden or some such facility. I imagine the very conservative Ruston area would be hesitant, to say the least, to create such a venue. I like the idea of enclosing the north EZ with such a venue and with cheap seats. Separate entrances can keep family-oriented seating from the beer garden, if that will male it more doable.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

So. . .about the banners?

Pretty tough choices, huh? I tried not to leave any All-Americans off, and to be fair to the ones before my time.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    So. . .about the banners?

Pretty tough choices, huh? I tried not to leave any All-Americans off, and to be fair to the ones before my time.
    Did you use only their play at Tech, or did you consider professional careers?

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

No banners dangling but a permanent part of the structure of the stadium

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    Exactly. A “walk of fame” down in the south end zone, near the new Beer Garden. We need to put some of this open space to work.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Did you use only their play at Tech, or did you consider professional careers?
    I tried to think about time at Tech, but I'm sure I was influenced by NFL work in some cases.

+ Reply to Thread