+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video of 2002 Oklahoma State win?

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Video of 2002 Oklahoma State win?

If anyone has video of our 2002 win over Oklahoma State, could you please share it? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Video of 2002 Oklahoma State win?

I think Les Miles had every copy of video of this game destroyed. Good luck in your search.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

That was a Hell of a game. Before the game, the Oklahoma State fans were hollering at us about how bad they were going to beat us!! After the game, as we were leaving the stadium in Shreveport, the Oklahoma State fans were VERY QUIET as they left the stadium with their tails tucked between their legs!!

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I was able to find video of their 2001 win over us.

Seems like Tech would have a video they'd like to share.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried over the years to obtain video of this game with no success.

The game was not on TV, and Tech has no copy with Nitz's call. I didn't think it existed.

Then a few years ago one of the Shreveport TV stations did a story on Luke McCown and ran a video of the game winning touchdown with Nitz's call. So something is out there, even in only highlight form.

You may want to try the Shreveport TV stations. If that fails try Oklahoma State. As you know, they've uploaded the 2001 Les Miles' Show to Youtube. They almost certainly have the 2002 shows.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

I recall thinking that all Les had to do to win the game comfortably was to stop calling pass plays in the second half. He seemed to gift us a lot more time for the comeback with incompletions/play calls. I don’t recall it being a situation where we shut down their rushing game. I think they were sufficiently successful with their rush offense to burn more minutes.

There could also be some bad memories of our own poor game management that cost us some wins over the past decade or so buried in a dark corner of my mind.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We were chanting after the game "Big 12? Big deal!" And how about that sing-along as the game ended, "Who let the dogs out!"

Yes, good ole Miles from Nowhere bungled game management, giving us a chance to make those three 80+ yard drives in the 4th quarter. Thanks Les!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I remember being at that game. Damn, didn't realize it had already been that long

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

One of the interesting things about this game was the TV - or lack thereof.

After a 10-year hiatus, TBS began airing college football games again in 2002. They had a secondary package of Pac 10 and Big 12 games and were scheduled to air 2 games each week.

Their initial plan was the televise a Pac 10 game that Saturday afternoon on opening weekend and the Tech-OSU game that night. This was one of the reasons this was set up originally as a "neutral site" game in Shreveport. Just before the TBS games for the season were announced, the Tech-OSU game was dropped. Only the Pac 10 game aired that weekend.

That August a local station in Oklahoma that had broadcast OSU away games in the past tried to arrange to televise the game. They offered a small rights fee, less than $5,000. Our AD at the time refused. OSU had not come close to selling its allotment of tickets. Until they did, Tech was not willing to simply give up the TV rights and lose all that revenue. The station manager in Oklahoma complained bitterly.

But early on game week it was announced the game would not be televised. At that point, the OSU fans began buying tickets and sold the majority of their allotment.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    One of the interesting things about this game was the TV - or lack thereof.

After a 10-year hiatus, TBS began airing college football games again in 2002. They had a secondary package of Pac 10 and Big 12 games and were scheduled to air 2 games each week.

Their initial plan was the televise a Pac 10 game that Saturday afternoon on opening weekend and the Tech-OSU game that night. This was one of the reasons this was set up originally as a "neutral site" game in Shreveport. Just before the TBS games for the season were announced, the Tech-OSU game was dropped. Only the Pac 10 game aired that weekend.

That August a local station in Oklahoma that had broadcast OSU away games in the past tried to arrange to televise the game. They offered a small rights fee, less than $5,000. Our AD at the time refused. OSU had not come close to selling its allotment of tickets. Until they did, Tech was not willing to simply give up the TV rights and lose all that revenue. The station manager in Oklahoma complained bitterly.

But early on game week it was announced the game would not be televised. At that point, the OSU fans began buying tickets and sold the majority of their allotment.
    Interesting back story about that game. It is getting to where I finish reading your post and in my mind I add...."And that is the rest of the story. I am The Historian. Good day!"

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    Yeah, I was able to find video of their 2001 win over us.
    I was at this one. Felt like a game we could have won, even though it wasn't particularly close there at the end.

Tech really ought to have easily accessible videos of all their big wins--P5, bowls, ranked opponents, other big wins. Even if it was just 15-minute highlight films.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

We family) were in Branson some time after the game. I always wore"RED" Tech cap. An OSU fan made a remark to me "we would have had a really good year except for that game. I just .

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    Tech really ought to have easily accessible videos of all their big wins--P5, bowls, ranked opponents, other big wins. Even if it was just 15-minute highlight films.
    "Tech really ought to" a lot of things.

+ Reply to Thread