+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Guru’s

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Basketball Guru’s

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not over. KAJ did not play at UCLA
    If he didn't play at UCLA where did he play?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

KAJ began playing at LA not Milwaukee. Let’s not pretend he’s not the one ( like Ali and others) who was DEMANDING attention away from the game and to himself

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Bill Russell's credential's and stats blows everyone else away.

- Bill Russel won 11 NBA Championships during a 13-yr career.
    - Michael Jordan won 6 NBA Championships in a 15-yr career.
    - KAB (a/k/a Lew Alcindor) won 6 NBA Championships in a 20-yr career.

- Russel was a 5-time NBA MVP
    - Russel was a 12-time All-Star
    - Russel won 2 NC's at the University of San Francisco, a small school with no basketball history to speak of.
    - Michael Jordan won 1 NC at North Carolina, a certified "basketball school".
    - KAB (Lew Alcindor) won 3 NC's at UCLA, but UCLA was a powerhouse before he arrived, and won 2 national titles in 1964 & '66, just before Alcindor started playing for the Bruins.

- Bill Russel is a native of Monroe, LA.

Just something to chew on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Russell

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Bill Russell- WEST Monroe.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominant player in NBA history. In head-to-head matchups vs. Russell, Chamberlain scored more points, grabbed more rebounds, passed for more assists...and lost more games.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    If he didn't play at UCLA where did he play?
    He is trying to be clever as Kareem was known as Lou Alcindor when at UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    He is trying to be clever as Kareem was known as Lou Alcindor when at UCLA.
    Not trying to be clever. It's part of the history I grew up in. It was a huge deal when he decided to change his name. He was NOT KAJ during much of his career.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Jordan was the best scorer ever. No way to twist that.

I’ll take LeBron. I’d take him today.
    Me too
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Not trying to be clever. It's part of the history I grew up in. It was a huge deal when he decided to change his name. He was NOT KAJ during much of his career.
    Go to the 1:00 mark. Kareem himself says that he played at UCLA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ2GQgs0MR4

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

all of this has been great discussion. i still think there is another guy that i would take hands down, at his absolute best, over anybody named thus far. LeBron did not play in college so he is out of the picture for me.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    all of this has been great discussion. i still think there is another guy that i would take hands down, at his absolute best, over anybody named thus far. LeBron did not play in college so he is out of the picture for me.
    OK I'll play. I still think a lot would have to do with the period of time. While Wilt and Kareem would still be dominate I don't think they'd be as dominate now.

My heart says Karl Malone and I think he'd be a good pick depending upon what you surrounded him with. However, I'd go with another power forward Tim Duncan. Duncan was smooth and smart. I just liked the way he played. I have to admit I've watched little basketball in the past 10 years to I don't know how the current compare.

Didn't Bird dominate in triple doubles during his prime? Is that who you are fishing for?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Didn't Bird dominate in triple doubles during his prime? Is that who you are fishing for?
    Oscar Robertson averaged a triple double for a whole season once and had 181 in his career. Bird was good, but only 59. He may also be hinting at Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Oscar Robertson averaged a triple double for a whole season once and had 181 in his career. Bird was good, but only 59. He may also be hinting at Magic.
    He may be on the big O, but not likely on a guy who could not bring the ball down court without a double dribble or travel. There was a different set of rules for Magic, and I'm guessing that drove Skill nuts.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

i am thinking of the best passing big man in the history of the game who played probably the greatest single game in NCAA history (possibly the greatest single game of any sport)

+ Reply to Thread