+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Guru’s

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Basketball Guru’s

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He may be on the big O, but not likely on a guy who could not bring the ball down court without a double dribble or travel. There was a different set of rules for Magic, and I'm guessing that drove Skill nuts.
    All superstars played under their own set of rules. Even the greatest off all time (MJ) had his own rules.

Trivia question for you. Do you know what Larry Bird dreamed of at night? That he was as good as Magic.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    All superstars played under their own set of rules. Even the greatest off all time (MJ) had his own rules.

Trivia question for you. Do you know what Larry Bird dreamed of at night? That he was as good as Magic.
    Are you denying that Johnson changed the game to the point of travel calls and carrying the ball being ignored? What part of Jordan's game did he gain an advantage on by not playing by the rules? Example of others? Nobody compares to the allowances for Johnson.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Bill Walton?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Bill Walton?
    bingo. i will try to supplement soon, but if you are interested check out Walton’s ‘73 season and championship game and his ‘77 and ‘78 NBA seasons

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

this game will probably never be matched.

https://youtu.be/MAnC4cBXAuY

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1973-03-26-memphis.html

it wasn’t just a big man beating up on everybody either. His footwork and passing ability were unmatched. he had 13 rebounds to go with what would have been a 25 of 26 night under the current rules. he also missed the last couple of minutes because of injury, Which ultimately became the story of his career.

That was his 60th straight win as a collegiate.

Career NCAA stats:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...-walton-1.html

just to preempt the potential white bias claims. Yes, i loved Larry Bird. The quote that best sums him up is attributed to Pat Riley. ”If I had to pick one player to take the shot to win the game for me, it would be Jordan... if I had to pick a player to take a shot and my life depended upon it would be Larry Bird”

Three of my absolute, hands down, favorite players of all-time are, Dennis Rodman (before and after the worm became whatever he did), Allen Iverson (before and after he disdained practice) and Charles Barkley ( before and after he repudiated the Republican party��, which I also did to b fair)

Bill Walton is still to me the greatest single player, when healthy, ever.

Alcindor/Jabbar, MJ, Magic, Oscar, Wilt, Russell, Kobe, even Pete, Bird or LeBron are all arguable (Not a fan of some of them, but can understand the arguments). I also like the arguments for Duncan and Karl, but on the biggest stages, Walton delivered like no one else

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

KAJ began playing at LA not Milwaukee. Let’s not pretend he’s not the one ( like Ali and others) who was DEMANDING attention away from the game and to himself
    You’re about to tell me Rocky Marciano was the greatest, right?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    History is important.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Of his time he was.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Loved watching Pistol Pete highlights during the seasons as a pro.
    IMHO he was the best ball passing player in history as well.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

History is important.

You better believe that.

Bill Russell- WEST Monroe.
    I had no idea Russell was from Louisiana until I read the wiki link posted earlier.

Dang. Is the account of his family leaving true? That was a long time ago, but still.

[6] Thompson, Tim (February 19, 2001). "Bill Russell overcame long odds, dominated basketball". The Current (University of Missouri–St. Louis).

I had no idea Russell was from Louisiana until I read the wiki link posted earlier.

Dang. Is the account of his family leaving true? That was a long time ago, but still.

[6] Thompson, Tim (February 19, 2001). "Bill Russell overcame long odds, dominated basketball". The Current (University of Missouri–St. Louis).
    Bill Russell played off the hard times he says his family experienced in our region. Not sure why Louisiana ever claimed him considering all Russell said about Louisiana was bad.

I love it when liberal idiots on Wiki claim segregation as a horrible situation in the south, but totally ignore the segregation that existed and still exists north of the Mason-Dixon line. It's like those in the north have some kind of purity that will never exist in the south. Notice how much of the racial unrest occurs in the north (blue states and cities)? Some of our posters here think more time and money will solve those problems.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Bill Russell played off the hard times he says his family experienced in our region. Not sure why Louisiana ever claimed him considering all Russell said about Louisiana was bad.

I love it when liberal idiots on Wiki claim segregation as a horrible situation in the south, but totally ignore the segregation that existed and still exists north of the Mason-Dixon line. It's like those in the north have some kind of purity that will never exist in the south. Notice how much of the racial unrest occurs in the north (blue states and cities)? Some of our posters here think more time and money will solve those problems.
    In 1986 I took a job at GM (EDS) in Warren, MI. Just graduated is CS from La Tech. They were bringing people in from everywhere as GM was upgrading their IT (or whatever we called it at the time). I worked in a cubicle in the bottom of one of their manufacturing buildings with more than 100 other people. Became good friends (and cubicle mate) with a guy from New York. We talked about everything. One day he asked why we had such problems with blacks and whites in the south. I asked him how many blacks he graduated with. He proudly stated that they had eight and never had any issues. I then asked how many was in his graduating class. He indicated 300. I then told him that I graduated in a class of 48, 24 blacks and 24 whites. A lot of the arguments we had in my class were due to proximity, not due to a person's race. While I'm sure there were some issues the only time I remember any sort of 'racial' issue was when I was a Freshmen.

I won't say anymore, don't want this thread to be hi-jacked also.

+ Reply to Thread