+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 players enter transfer portal

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2 players enter transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I totally understand what you are saying. But when I hear about a verbal before the senior season, I take it with a grain of salt.

This guy shot up so fast I would now be shocked if he stays with us. I will admit though I was hopeful. I thought maybe being from Ruston his dream was to one day play football at Tech where all of his family and friends could watch him be great in person each week just like it has been his whole life.
    One thing Skip seems to be good at is not burning any bridges. A guy like this may opt for the big time but regret it later and want to come home. So we may lose him initially but get him back later.

Most of these kids are used to being the team stud, and it can be a harsh dose of reality when they get to a place like LSU and see the other talent on hand.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Makes you appreciate the ones who actually honor their COMMITMENT. Need a new word for commitment since they made up a word for breaking a commitment.
    The semantics of this process can be frustrating, and a new word instead of "commit" would mitigate that some. But I think the most sanity-saving option is just to edit these recruiting "commitments" in your head to "intentions" or something. I don't know that the stake-holders are likely to change their terminology at this point. English, man - what a frustrating mess of an evolving language, right?

And the other interesting factor in this whole tangle of 2020 recruiting is that if the number of early "commitments" is higher than normal at the same time in previous years (I've seen some numbers and I think it's way higher than usual for all the obvious reasons) that means that the schools are in the same boat - and we will also likely see higher than usual numbers for offers pulled or pressure to greyshirt or all the other shady tactics from the coach side of the scale. Because all up and down the chain, you're going to have the same problems.

If Miami loses a "commitment" to FSU because that kid just wanted to lock down a spot and "committed" to the first school that offered but later reconsidered - that just means Miami is going after UCF's higher than usual recruit at the same position, and then UCF is going after FIU's, etc. This happens every year, but it's likely to be big this go around. But also if in the above scenario FSU already had a slightly less-preferred recruit at that position, they may be showing that guy the door (so maybe that's good for the G5 schools and we grab some of those dudes).

I really hope Hargrove sticks with Tech. Obviously.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    He “decommitted”

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    He “decommitted”
    Well he was committed for 64 days. Now we are not in his reported top three (Florida State, Penn State and South Carolina). Glad we didn't get real excited about his early commitment. Really wish he would have stayed with us, but it is time to move on. I wish him the best. Go Bulldogs. By the way, is anyone else ready for some football?

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    He “decommitted”
    Yeah, wasn’t much of a question of if but when this would happen. Hope he succeeds wherever he decides to go. Interesting top 3 with the ACC, the Big10, and the SEC schools he lists. I tend to believe that top 3 list will change too before he officially signs somewhere. He simply lists the arguably three biggest programs who have offered to date.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

He may be taking interest as a commutable offer on some.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Hargrove is in the portal. Think he's coming back home?

Floyd seems to have played a little for Northwestern.

Did Marcus ever play college ball? Juco?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Hargrove is in the portal. Think he's coming back home?

Floyd seems to have played a little for Northwestern.

Did Marcus ever play college ball? Juco?
    Hargrove went to Mississippi State buried in the depth chart in an Air Raid offense. Didn’t play much. Second time in the portal. Withdrew first time.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

the entire portal and nil process has really turned me off from college athletics - especially college football. Talking with other college football fans, I am not the only one that is focusing time away from the sport to other hobbies.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    the entire portal and nil process has really turned me off from college athletics - especially college football. Talking with other college football fans, I am not the only one that is focusing time away from the sport to other hobbies.
    me too

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree! Son has gotten into school fishing team. Killed first buck this year. We are spending a lot of quality time

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Same. Haven’t watched a bowl game this year, really don’t plan to.

+ Reply to Thread