+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-USA Esports Challenge Begins Monday

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Conf Cusa C-USA Esports Challenge Begins Monday

https://conferenceusa.com/news/2020/...ns-monday.aspx

So I think Israel Tucker is playing this mock tourney representing Tech?

But it's a vidya game...and CUSA is NOT streaming it? Very weird. Might as well mail out results with the post.

Or did I miss something?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: C-USA Esports Challenge Begins Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    https://conferenceusa.com/news/2020/...ns-monday.aspx

But it's a vidya game...and CUSA is NOT streaming it? Very weird. Might as well mail out results with the post.

Or did I miss something?
    I read the very brief announcement. Yes, Tucker will be playing for Tech.

But it's a vidya game...and CUSA is NOT streaming it?
    Doesn't appear that it is being streamed. Although, it has been discussed on the CUSA twitter page this past week. Only one game so far. FIU beat WKU on a fourth quarter TD drive. I am sure it was very thrilling. Thrilling, of course, to those who enjoy watching others play video games.

Or did I miss something?
    I do not think you have missed much.

Go Bulldogs!!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I read the very brief announcement. Yes, Tucker will be playing for Tech.

Thrilling, of course, to those who enjoy watching others play video games.

I do not think you have missed much.

Go Bulldogs!!!
    Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I'm sure it would have garnered some good attention.

I don't generally watch others play video games. I probably would have for this. After all, I watch others play physical sports all the time.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I'm sure it would have garnered some good attention.

I don't generally watch others play video games. I probably would have for this. After all, I watch others play physical sports all the time.
    I am among the tens of millions who watch sports, but watching others play video games?

That being said, I will ask my son if you can watch him and his friends play games. They can play for hours. Trust me when I say, it is not close to being the same. Heck they may even let you play.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

There's actually a lot of money in ESports. It's already a $1.1 Billion "sport". Sponsors comprise 450M of that $1.1B, and according to NewZoo Media rights make up another $251M of that. That's big time money.

By comparison, the top 100 college football programs (by earnings) generated nearly $5.6 Billion in combined revenue. So, considering ESports didn't even exist just a few years ago, I think it's fair to say it's catching up. I know ESports is very popular with former professional athletes. Rick Fox, Jermey Lin, Shaquille O'Neal and many other former players now own teams and I think Fox actually owns a league. Mark Cuban has bet big on ESports as well. Kobe Bryant was a big investor in this as well, before meeting his untimely demise back in February.

CUSA may be missing a big opportunity. I know ESports isn't concerned about having its' season shut down due to a COVID-19 outbreak.

https://www.thestreet.com/personal-finance/how-much-do-esports-players-make-15126931

https://www.ucribs.com/blog-post/ncaa-football-teams-made-more-money-than-many-nfl-teams-in-2015-infographic/

https://www.alistdaily.com/strategy/these-traditional-sports-players-are-taking-on-esports/

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    There's actually a lot of money in ESports. It's already a $1.1 Billion "sport". Sponsors comprise 450M of that $1.1B, and according to NewZoo Media rights make up another $251M of that. That's big time money.

By comparison, the top 100 college football programs (by earnings) generated nearly $5.6 Billion in combined revenue. So, considering ESports didn't even exist just a few years ago, I think it's fair to say it's catching up. I know ESports is very popular with former professional athletes. Rick Fox, Jermey Lin, Shaquille O'Neal and many other former players now own teams and I think Fox actually owns a league. Mark Cuban has bet big on ESports as well. Kobe Bryant was a big investor in this as well, before meeting his untimely demise back in February.

CUSA may be missing a big opportunity. I know ESports isn't concerned about having its' season shut down due to a COVID-19 outbreak.

https://www.thestreet.com/personal-finance/how-much-do-esports-players-make-15126931

https://www.ucribs.com/blog-post/ncaa-football-teams-made-more-money-than-many-nfl-teams-in-2015-infographic/

https://www.alistdaily.com/strategy/these-traditional-sports-players-are-taking-on-esports/
    As far as i know Fox only owns a team, but yea the prize amounts in the big tournaments in the various games Esports leagues are becoming absolutely huge money. The total purse in the last "The International" the big annual international tournament for a game known as Defense of the Ancients, DoTA 2, was something like $34 million last year. Not quite NFL, NBA, or MLB money but definitely nothing to sniff at either.

You can see hightlights of the Tech victory on twitter.

Blue Dawg, was that quarterfinal action great or what?? 42-0!! Bet Rice didn't see that coming. UTSA better buckle up before the semifinals because the whole conference is singing "who let the dogs out". Finally we are in the drivers seat for a conference championship in football!

Blue Dawg, was that quarterfinal action great or what?? 42-0!! Bet Rice didn't see that coming. UTSA better buckle up before the semifinals because the whole conference is singing "who let the dogs out". Finally we are in the drivers seat for a conference championship in football!
    Hasn't popped up on my Twitter feed so honestly I forgot all about it

Can you believe it? We made the Championship Game! Maybe we will win our first CUSA Championship Game!!!!!

Can you believe it? We made the Championship Game! Maybe we will win our first CUSA Championship Game!!!!!
    Don't speak too soon

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Sleeper is my favorite fantasy football platform ... and speaking of e-sports

You can play fantasy League of Legends ...

https://sleeper.app/fantasy-lol

Don't speak too soon
    No no no wait. You might be onto something with this esports. This might be Tech's thing. Plus it takes Skip out of the equation. He cannot slow play a big lead into a loss. Think about it.

Louisiana Tech University Bulldogs 2020 Conference USA Football Champions!!! (esports edition)

Today is the big game. Tech v ODU.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So did we win?
    🤪

+ Reply to Thread