+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get PC and change the name of "Rivalry in Dixie"

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Re: Let's get PC and change the name of "Rivalry in Dixie"

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    In essence the term "civil war" is more accurate to this context since the Ducks and the Beavers are "fighting" for supremacy of the SAME geographic/political area. But, it's amazing what the death of a lifelong felon has caused. Imagine if George Floyd was actually a good fellow....whoa!
    I can’t say I’m always a good ‘fellow’. I walk this world as a sinner, just trying to make it.

It’s amazing to see an execution of a suspect by a police officer. I’d hope you’d agree, no matter his transgressions. Dude was calling for his mama. You watched him die; and you question his character.

It’s also amazing to see a scab picked off a wound that’s been hurting our Nation for a long time.

We’ve been kicking the can down the road on this for a long, long time.

It’s time to talk and reconcile some things.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post

It’s time to talk and reconcile some things.
    Can't happen when one side does not want to talk.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Can't happen when one side does not want to talk.
    Which ‘side’ is that? That’s the epitome of kicking the can, right there.

We can all do better. We got to.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

One side's idea of talk is doing away with the police and property destruction. Have your seen the demands of BLM? How do you find a middle ground with that starting point.

I've been trying to do better since the late 60s. Why do you think now is the time to start?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Whatever PC name they come up with, leave out the word rivalry.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Whatever PC name they come up with, leave out the word rivalry.
    How about the "Little Magnolia Bowl" or "Junior Magnolia Bowl"

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Pine Cone Bowl .

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Now this has the potential to get ugly. Snyder has flat out refused to consider this in the past. Not sure he will able to hold his ground this time. Couple this with the threat of losing sponsor dollars and the Redskins might get a new name. Guess Braves, Indians and Chiefs are next up.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-dan-snyder-told-to-change-team-name-if-he-wants-to-relocate-to-rfk-site-federal-officials/

Pretty sure the 49rs represent a segment who has offended. They had slaves.

Patriots is pretty offensive too. They had slaves.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

saints has to be offensive to atheists

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think ALL non-white European names, icons, symbols, references should be done away with and forever stricken. It's just too offensive to minorities. In fact, make it a misdemeanor offense to even utter words like "Indians," "Braves" "War Hawks" etc... Can't use terms like "African Americans" or "Blacks" or any such references either...substitute "you people" instead. No pictures or images of non-whites can be used in any marketing/advertising campaigns. You saw what has happened to "Aunt Jemima" and "Uncle Ben's" brands...dern! How offensive! So, no "you people" actors can be used in commercials either. Just too dern offensive. I mean, can you imagine the uproar of a "you people" person suffering from a headache, or needing cleaning supplies, or even wanting to purchase a new car!? OMG! Nope! only white folks should be so offended being shown to need some product or service. I am fully embracing the "cancel culture" baby!

Gawd! I feel so much better. I will wear some ribbon, white of course, to show my solidarity with the "cancel culture." And I will, once again, be invited to cocktail parties by my liberal friends who will toast my enlightenment.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Pretty sure the 49rs represent a segment who has offended. They had slaves.

Patriots is pretty offensive too. They had slaves.
    Hhhhmmm.......... Interesting. I honestly didn't think about these two, but I understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Hhhhmmm.......... Interesting. I honestly didn't think about these two, but I understand your point.
    We also know that most (if not all) of the NFL, NBA, and MLB owners would not be owners if not for their white privilege. They should all be punished and be forced to give up what they took a chance on and worked hard to build. Put it in a big kitty and let BLM decided how the money should be dolled out.

Fighting Irish - offensive due to stereotyping
    Cincinnati Reds - too communist
    Texas Rangers - hunted runaway slaves and murdered Mexicans
    Colorado Rockies - too High
    Kansas City Royals - we live in a democracy!
    Angels & Padres - too Christian (Maybe Cardinals too)
    Brewers - come on now
    Giants - is this a reference to Goliath?
    Pirates - so we are idolize plunderers

+ Reply to Thread