+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Let's get PC and change the name of "Rivalry in Dixie"

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Let's get PC and change the name of "Rivalry in Dixie"

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I agree with the pundit who suggested that the Washington Redskins should change their name to the Washington Foreskins so that they might more closely identify with the multitude of dick heads who live in Washington D.C.
    Awesome!!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I agree with the pundit who suggested that the Washington Redskins should change their name to the Washington Foreskins so that they might more closely identify with the multitude of dick heads who live in Washington D.C.
    LMAO ROF. I nominate this for post of the year!!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Redskins will officially change name & logo.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It looks like Warriors is the leading candidate- I wonder if they'll use the spear logo (they used it 10 years before Florida State) - or if they will move away from the Native American connotation like the Golden State Warriors did.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

It looks like Warriors is the leading candidate- I wonder if they'll use the spear logo (they used it 10 years before Florida State) - or if they will move away from the Native American connotation like the Golden State Warriors did.
    I doubt it, looks like Snyder will make a complete and total break from the past. This might work out wonderfully for him. Possibly a new stadium back in DC, that would lead to being host of a Suoer Bowl and now he gets to sell all new clothing to fans with the new team name.

Anybody know the Louisiana Tech connections to the Redskins name?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody know the Louisiana Tech connections to the Redskins name?
    Willie Dietz!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Willie Dietz!
    Yeah I read about him when reading about the origin of the Redskins name. He claimed to be an Indian, but it appears that was all BS. It seems he claimed this to dodge the draft. His time at Tech was very short, although he was 11-3-1, not too shabby.

Here is a conversation my son just had with me.

Son: "Dad did you hear the Washington Redskins changed their name this morning?"
    Me: "I saw where they retired the Redskins nickname, but I read they were working through some legal issues with a new nickname."
    Son: "No sir, they must have worked it all out."
    Me: Thinking something is amiss. "Okay what are they going to be called?"
    Son: "The DC Redskins."

He thought that was pretty clever, says he saw it on the Internet.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Here is a conversation my son just had with me.

Son: "Dad did you hear the Washington Redskins changed their name this morning?"
    Me: "I saw where they retired the Redskins nickname, but I read they were working through some legal issues with a new nickname."
    Son: "No sir, they must have worked it all out."
    Me: Thinking something is amiss. "Okay what are they going to be called?"
    Son: "The DC Redskins."

He thought that was pretty clever, says he saw it on the Internet.
    And probably too close to the truth...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Tuesday Morning Quarterback (TMQ) has been calling them the "Chesapeake Watershed Region Indigenous Persons" for about 20 years.

Or just the Persons, for short.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Tuesday Morning Quarterback (TMQ) has been calling them the "Chesapeake Watershed Region Indigenous Persons" for about 20 years.

Or just the Persons, for short.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I heard it was the Washington Red Wolves.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

They should be called what others in the league have been calling them for years: The Washington Deadskins

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure who started it, but someone said just change the mascot from a Native to a potato. POOF! Washington Redskins isn't racist anymore.

Hey, it worked for LSU's Fightin' (Louisiana) Tigers

+ Reply to Thread