+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A playlist of big wins

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: A playlist of big wins

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    2012 59-57 loss to aTm with the Hypesman Trophy winner...

The 13-8 loss to Ole Miss on the "follow the bouncing ball, ricochet off of a half-dozen players" game winning TD for them...

We lost to Dak Prescott and Moo State in OT too...didn't we?
    We had a 13 year old QB in that OT MSU game, right?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    We had a 13 year old QB in that OT MSU game, right?
    Yeah -- and I seem to remember there was one particular poster who was a leeeettle to "into" him.

I'm not gonna look up who it was. But there was one dude getting pretty creepy -- like, borderline stalkerish -- about how "cute" he thought our QB was.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

The 13-8 loss to Ole Miss on the "follow the bouncing ball, ricochet off of a half-dozen players" game winning TD for them...
    I was at that Ole Miss game as well as the 90 Auburn game.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    Glad everyone liked it.

It's a shame footage of some of our biggest wins are missing. Please keep on the look out for footage of these games:
    1987 at Kansas, 16-11
    1988 at Kansas State, 31-28
    1991 at South Carolina, 12-12 (a moral victory)
    1996 at Mississippi State, 38-23
    2002 vs Oklahoma State, 39-36

Whether the footage is online or offline (including VHS).
    I have the 1991 South Carolina game, including Nitz's call, on VHS. The copy isn't the greatest in the world, but I do have it.

I also have the coach's film on VHS from the Mississippi State game in 1996 (no sound).

If you're interested in editing either of these down and posting them or posting them in their entirety, send me pm. I would love to get Nitz's play-by-play of the MSU game and sync up the biggest plays of the game. The final score of that game doesn't reflect how badly we blew them out.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

If this happens as separate videos, or combined, or with all of the other highlights let’s us know please.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I have the 1991 South Carolina game, including Nitz's call, on VHS. The copy isn't the greatest in the world, but I do have it.

I also have the coach's film on VHS from the Mississippi State game in 1996 (no sound).
    Awesome-sauce! OK, I'll DM you. Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post

If you're interested in editing either of these down and posting them or posting them in their entirety, send me pm. I would love to get Nitz's play-by-play of the MSU game and sync up the biggest plays of the game. The final score of that game doesn't reflect how badly we blew them out.

Here's the private message I sent the Historian.

To convert it to digital, I think there are 3 routes to go:
    1. Get both converted at CostCo for $20 https://ordercostco.yesvideo.com/products/videotapes
    2. Get both converted at Walgreens for $70 http://order.imemories.com/video-to-dvd
    3. Send them to me, and I'll convert them myself. I've never done it before, and my VHS has a tape stuck in it. If I can successfully unstick it, I'll look into getting an analog-to-digital converter.

As far as the price of choices 1 or 2 goes, I (and, I suppose, others) could pitch in for the conversion. I don't have a CostCo membership. Do you? Maybe someone else in the group would.

Please let me know what you think. And if you haven't, please consider popping out the tab on the label side of the tapes that prevents the tapes getting recorded over.

Once they're converted to digital, we can upload them to youtube and add them to the playlist.

Since I haven't heard from the Historian, I've had time to think about this little project, and I've revised my plans.

Basically, since these videos will likely be for all posterity, we should try to get these videos in as high a quality as possible. So, how do we that? Well, first, we need to minimize the number of conversions the video goes through. There's going to be one inevitable conversion from analog VHS to a digital file. There will be another inevitable conversion when the file is posted to youtube. So to get these files to youtube, we're locked into a minimum of two conversions. If we get the digital conversion in DVD format, we'll have to convert from DVD format to a youtube-accepted format, a third conversion we should avoid.

These are the file formats youtube accepts. Of those, according to this article, the best file format is AVI. (If someone knows better, I'd welcome your input.)

So we should convert the VHS to an AVI at the appropriate resolution. Also, if the image is washed out, it would be good to be able to adjust saturation, contrast, etc. Likewise, it would be good to be able to apply an audio equalizer to minimize any hiss or buzz in the audio and boost the voices if necessary. It seems like the ideal step at which to make these adjustments is at the first step, the analog-to-digital conversion.

So I'm now leaning against going through CostCo and Walgreens. If I can get my VCR working, I'll do it myself.

Once the games are converted, my intention is to post them in their entirety to youtube. I also intend to post the original digital file to a dropbox location for public download. There, anyone can get the digital file without the youtube conversion. If anyone wants to, they could edit the games down to a ~10-minute highlight video (something I don't foresee doing right away).

So if anyone knows the Historian, please ask him to follow up. Thanks.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Jharris,

I've bought a device that will convert the video directly from VCR to computer. It should work.

What I'm working on now is cleaning the VCR and tapes.

Give me a week or two and lets see if it works.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Thank you from all Tech fans.

Great! Thanks for taking care of that and following up.

That article recommends converting at 640x480 resolution at 29.967fps and then de-interlacing the video using the software VirtualDub which is free. Also, please try to get the converted file in AVI format.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. Otherwise, I'll look forward to those videos. Thanks!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Jason at Bob Sale Camera in Monroe does a fabulous job on scans and conversions.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Jason at Bob Sale Camera in Monroe does a fabulous job on scans and conversions.
    Now THAT would be the place to get the Ok St win converted...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Now THAT would be the place to get the Ok St win converted...
    If anyone can find it!

Anyone heard from the Historian (or anyone else) about the scans of those games (or any other footage)? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread