+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hunt for Bigfoot

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hunt for Bigfoot

There's a new show on the Travel Channel (not sure what this has to do with travel...) following the exploits of the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Hunters. They were in Natchitoches Parish in the last episode around Goldonna. I've hunted dem woods up that way, along Little Fordoche Creek and the lakes. Bigfoot could hide out there for sure. This bunch of goobers want to take one down, kill one and drag the carcass to a lab somewhere for forensic research, etc...But, while I am no Bigfoot expert, I don't think they will even get close to one. The noise, commotion, the "smell" of them, smoking cigarettes, and the like, nah, I don't think so.

If Bigfoot is real than they are really smart, being able to hide out like they have, smarter than deer and black bear, and the cougars we have in Louisiana. No way could this noisy bunch of silly rednecks be able to fool Bigfoot into walking into "the killing zone" with them staking out a spot in the woods. Bigfoot would know exactly where each hunter was and avoid the whole area.

One incident a deer hunter 12 feet up in a climbing stand claims a Bigfoot walked by before daylight and grabbed his foot, gave it a good yank and then proceeded on. For any bipedal creature to be able to reach up 12 feet it would have to be at least 8-9 feet tall with some long arms. That's one BIG Bigfoot! I wouldn't be comfortable hunting one with anything less than my 7mm Magnum. I doubt even a 30-06 would stop something that big. Might kill it eventually, die from the wound, but it would probably live long enough to thrash ya pretty good.

And yes, as you probably already guessed, this show has its share of critics. It's terrible to try to go kill a Bigfoot, some say. Like murder.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Hunt for Bigfoot

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    the cougars we have in Louisiana.

+ Reply to Thread