+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lewis

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If the shoe fits...
    You forgot one other alternative...if you're not billy bad ass off the internet, don't act like billy bad ass on the internet. It's not just here. Words no longer have physical consequences. You can question someone's manliness or character on the internet without ever having to worry that there may be a consequence for thoughtless words. There are a lot of positives that we've moved beyond the world of dueling...but let's not act like there are no negatives.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Tell me about it! Just this morning I was called a "libtard", said to be a far leftists, and my wife's fidelity was called into question. Right here on THE BBB. It's no sweat though. I lot of folks have keyboard courage and they're little lambs in person.
    i've given up trying to get people to be reasonable about trump. if you criticize trump you are a far left libtard, apparently. if that's the criteria, then maybe it's a compliment?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You forgot one other alternative...if you're not billy bad ass off the internet, don't act like billy bad ass on the internet. It's not just here. Words no longer have physical consequences. You can question someone's manliness or character on the internet without ever having to worry that there may be a consequence for thoughtless words. There are a lot of positives that we've moved beyond the world of dueling...but let's not act like there are no negatives.
    Billy bad ass? Hah! Not me, I'm a lover, not a fighter!

But, let's focus on the Internet and the exchange of "words." For years some of you have relentlessly attacked President Trump ON HIS CHARACTER and linked his supporters to what you say are BAD character flaws. So, what then? Did you expect us to simply take that insult? First of all, I don't see any differences in his alleged flaws and those of other politicians you say you support. Except, Trump trumps them on one, very important issue: he keeps (or tries to) his campaign promises.

But WAY more important than that is Trump's dedication to our nation. He truly puts AMERICA FIRST! George Washington had flaws, but thanks to him, we have the greatest nation on Earth, in the history of the Earth. So, yours, and Goosey's and some others' constant attacks against Trump leads to only one conclusion...you must hate our country. Otherwise you would at least acknowledge all the great things he has done, and tried to do, even if you're hung up on character flaws. Of course, we can't all be perfect like apparently you are. Must be nice to be devoid of flaws.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i've given up trying to get people to be reasonable about trump. if you criticize trump you are a far left libtard, apparently. if that's the criteria, then maybe it's a compliment?
    You too.

I have criticized Trump when he deserved it. And it was on policy, or his execution of an otherwise sound policy. That is fair game. Sometimes even Goosey makes a salient point on what is going on, and how President Trump impacted that. For instance, as an example, it is right and fair to criticize the direction of the national debt and Trump's contribution to it. It is an issue and should be a concern to every American. Of course, one should also admit that obummer has been the biggest boob in exploding the debt if you're going to criticize Trump for it. True, Trump is POTUS now, obummer is history (thankfully), and it is right to point to the current captain of the Titanic and say, "okay you didn't strike the iceberg but you're in charge now, what are you doing about the crisis?"

Go back and look and you will see I have responded to sensible posts, even from Goosey, in an equally sensible manner. And will continue to, for him, and anyone else.

But, we rarely, if ever, see any worthwhile posts from you suffering from TDS. It's always some extreme overly-exaggerated Trump sucks and is a horrible human being, blah, blah, blah...even while reality shows differently.

But, if you think being a "far left libtard" is a compliment, then maybe you are beyond help.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Billy bad ass? Hah! Not me, I'm a lover, not a fighter!

But, let's focus on the Internet and the exchange of "words." For years some of you have relentlessly attacked President Trump ON HIS CHARACTER and linked his supporters to what you say are BAD character flaws. So, what then? Did you expect us to simply take that insult? First of all, I don't see any differences in his alleged flaws and those of other politicians you say you support. Except, Trump trumps them on one, very important issue: he keeps (or tries to) his campaign promises.

But WAY more important than that is Trump's dedication to our nation. He truly puts AMERICA FIRST! George Washington had flaws, but thanks to him, we have the greatest nation on Earth, in the history of the Earth. So, yours, and Goosey's and some others' constant attacks against Trump leads to only one conclusion...you must hate our country. Otherwise you would at least acknowledge all the great things he has done, and tried to do, even if you're hung up on character flaws. Of course, we can't all be perfect like apparently you are. Must be nice to be devoid of flaws.
    Good post.

Most of us weren’t even supporting Trump until he became the nominee, and even then a vote for Trump was really a vote against Clinton.

Trump has character flaws, only a fool would argue otherwise. But as you stated, so does virtually every other politician. He is the only elected official that will stand up to the left and the deep state.

I don’t agree with everything he does, not by a long shot. But look at the alternative, that makes the decision easy.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

You too.

I have criticized Trump when he deserved it. And it was on policy, or his execution of an otherwise sound policy. That is fair game. Sometimes even Goosey makes a salient point on what is going on, and how President Trump impacted that. For instance, as an example, it is right and fair to criticize the direction of the national debt and Trump's contribution to it. It is an issue and should be a concern to every American. Of course, one should also admit that obummer has been the biggest boob in exploding the debt if you're going to criticize Trump for it. True, Trump is POTUS now, obummer is history (thankfully), and it is right to point to the current captain of the Titanic and say, "okay you didn't strike the iceberg but you're in charge now, what are you doing about the crisis?"

Go back and look and you will see I have responded to sensible posts, even from Goosey, in an equally sensible manner. And will continue to, for him, and anyone else.

But, we rarely, if ever, see any worthwhile posts from you suffering from TDS. It's always some extreme overly-exaggerated Trump sucks and is a horrible human being, blah, blah, blah...even while reality shows differently.

But, if you think being a "far left libtard" is a compliment, then maybe you are beyond help.
    so now i have tds, too? you should know i was always a huge critic of obama, so i feel no need to keep bringing him up. trump's problems are nothing like obama's problems, but he's got his problems, and most of them have to do with his character (or lack thereof).

of course it's foolish to say that trump is ruining our country, unless you blame him entirely for the left's reaction to him. but he is at least partly to blame for the left's reaction because he is at least as divisive as obama was, though for different reasons. if the president himself were more civil and mature, then maybe everyone else could be a little more civil and mature when discussing him.

if you are calling people "far left libtards" with no evidence other than the fact they don't think trump is a great president, then you are part of the problem.

But Trump IS a great POTUS! Not because I think so, or because you don't. Only because of his actions. It is pointless to go back thru the list...you know, record unemployment for every demographic group, etc... because apparently to those of you suffering TDS it doesn't matter what he actually does, only your delusional perception of him matters. I am not part of any problem...unless you think a commie take-over of America should happen and folks like me refuse to accept that. Then, yeah, I am part of your problem and proud to be so.

so i can't disagree without being a commie. tds clearly goes both ways.

so i can't disagree without being a commie. tds clearly goes both ways.
    Of course you can disagree, on specific policies or execution of an otherwise sound policy. But, that's not what we get from the anti-Trumpers on this forum. Never do you see a rational argument presented that focuses on the facts of some issue. Goosey just posted that "unemployment" is bad under Trump. That is so stupid, so 180 degrees opposite of the truth, when we have just experienced record low unemployment across all demographic groups. He has repositioned us to get fair shakes in trade deals. He's gotten NATO countries to step up and start contributing their fair share, etc, etc, etc..

Oh, I know, he sometimes gets a little naughty in Tweets...Yeah! that completely undoes all the great things he has done for our country and for Americans.

Let's get down to tacks...starting with immigration. What don't you like about his policies?

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

perhaps you can explain what is amazing about it and how it is relevant rather than making unfounded accusations.

unfortunately, those types of accusations are par for the course in 2020, and they don't help to convince anyone to change their mind.
    It’s amazing to think that in our not to distant past that a voting citizen could be arrested for pissing in a toilet meant for white piss.

And amazing to think someone arrested for integrated pissing, could be a become - and still serve as - a US Representative.

We’ve come a long way. We’ve still got a way to go.

It’s relevant, like you said, because it happened in very recent history.

Are you saying my ‘par for the course’ comment was an unfounded accusation?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post

And amazing to think someone arrested for integrated pissing, could be a become - and still serve as - a US Representative.

Amazing indeed. I guess it's perspective, but idiots voting for idiots produces this type of colored politicians.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/12/aoc-bl...or-city-crime/

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Amazing indeed. I guess it's perspective, but idiots voting for idiots produces this type of colored politicians.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/12/aoc-bl...or-city-crime/
    AOC has to be the biggest moron in Congress. And to think she is one of the most influential democrats in Congress. Biden will be taking some of his marching orders from her group if he wins. Goober and a few others on here would be ecstatic.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    It’s amazing to think that in our not to distant past that a voting citizen could be arrested for pissing in a toilet meant for white piss.

It’s relevant, like you said, because it happened in very recent history.

Are you saying my ‘par for the course’ comment was an unfounded accusation?
    Many in the BLM movement WANT to go back to full segregation, which completely boggles my mind, given what happened in the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Many in the BLM movement WANT to go back to full segregation, which completely boggles my mind, given what happened in the recent past.
    Where have you seen/heard that?

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I have two high school classmates, one of which is pursuing her Dr at Stanford, and is currently in African American Studies there, (also on staff at Stanford). She has gone full bore BLM, and posts on her FB all the time about segregation. Back at Mizzou a year or so ago, when they had their protests etc, they had the school give a "blacks only" safe space because they didn't want to associate with others. I've also seen this pop up here and there from some "prominent" BLM people. Maybe many is too strong, but the movement does seem to be growing.

+ Reply to Thread