+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School - Yes or No?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: School - Yes or No?

Early in this pandemic some were citing H1N1 as a whataboutism to defend Trump. That was back in April when the hoaxers couldn’t contemplate the amount of carnage COVID would do to America, believing for some crazy reason that the death toll would be lower...hoping that somehow American exceptionalism would spare us the fate of Italy (“that can’t happen here”).

The H1N1 deaths were over a year. We aren’t halfway there yet with COVID.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    A pandemic is pretty much the rebuttal that is always given when you debate individualism vs collectivism. This is the rare exception where individual accountability fails because the safety and welfare of everyone relies on the participation of nearly everyone. Until we have a vaccine, people’s health and livelihoods are dependent on cooperation. Cooperation requires strong leadership.
    I hear the familiar voice of Ron White....

Told you before that those who support Trump think for ourselves. Therefore we do NOT wait for him, for any POTUS, or other person in authority, to tell us what to do or how to live our lives. That means that the 40+% Trump supporters were going to wear a mask or not wear a mask based on our own decision. BTW, just to prove the point, some of the biggest mask-wearing advocates are also staunch Trumpers! Some of the biggest don't wear masks folks are also Trumpers.

Then there are the 40+% anti-Trumpers who don't listen to anything he says about anything. No way would any of you have cared one iota if he back in January said, "Everyone should wear a mask." Even worse...what if President Trump had issued a presidential order making it mandatory....OMG! The ACLU would have sued, Shifty Schiff would have convened another impeachment hearing, and you morons here would have been SCREAMING about presidential over-reach...what! is he a dictator or something!?

That leaves the about 20% in the middle of independents, who probably would have split equally 50-50 on any such edict pronounced by Trump. So...overall, maybe 10-15% of Americans would have donned a mask, who otherwise wouldn't have, if Trump had suggested it was a good idea.

It was President Trump who DID issue the China travel ban, it was President Trump who responded quickly to requests for help from two of the most commie states, Cal and NY. It was their guvnors who had dropped the ball on the ventilators and the reason they were both so desperate for help. It was President Trump who met with and convinced CEOs of major companies to chip in and start making ventilators and other PPEs. Before that, way back in November/December it was President Trump who offered help to the Chicoms to nip this thing in the bud...as did Japan and Australia. All offers rebuffed. It was President Trump who called out WHO in their obvious and very dangerous over-up on behalf of the Chicoms. Of course he, and the rest of the world, was fooled by WHO early on. You're nothing but a frickin lying asshole if you say, Oh, Trump should have seen thru the WHO lying sooner. No need to explain that one any further. Your hero, Dr. Fauci, in March was still saying wearing masks was not necessary. I had actually forgotten that lil tidbit until Tucker reminded his audience by showing the clip.

I could go on, but I know YOU KNOW the real truth, and you only continue to post lies because you have some misguided notion you can sway some voters to the commie side of the fence. Nope!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Too little too late.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I see you still haven’t learned a thing about empathy.
    You don't get to change the definition of a word just because you insist on using the wrong word. You sympathize not empathize. No way you have empathy for those kids/families when you have NEVER, EVER come close to being in their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You don't get to change the definition of a word just because you insist on using the wrong word. You sympathize not empathize. No way you have empathy for those kids/families when you have NEVER, EVER come close to being in their shoes.
    You are the one that is redefining the word. Sympathy is your reaction to someone’s feelings. Empathy is standing in their shoes, figuratively. There is no definitional requirement that you have ever been in the same situation to empathize. It requires that you project yourself in the same position and imagine the other person’s feelings and perspective. That is empathy. Feeling sad for someone is sympathy.

It is a basic concept that is lost on you for some reason.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You are the one that is redefining the word. Sympathy is your reaction to someone’s feelings. Empathy is standing in their shoes, figuratively. There is no definitional requirement that you have ever been in the same situation to empathize. It requires that you project yourself in the same position and imagine the other person’s feelings and perspective. That is empathy. Feeling sad for someone is sympathy.

It is a basic concept that is lost on you for some reason.
    You can't stand in their shoes nor do you have the capacity to place yourself in their position. That's the point. Sounds like you care more. That's what is important to the snowflakes.

Empathy is the capacity to understand or feel what another person is experiencing from within their frame of reference, that is, the capacity to place oneself in another's position

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You can't stand in their shoes nor do you have the capacity to place yourself in their position. That's the point. Sounds like you care more. That's what is important to the snowflakes.

Empathy is the capacity to understand or feel what another person is experiencing from within their frame of reference, that is, the capacity to place oneself in another's position
    All humans except sociopaths possess this capacity. It doesn’t require that you have ever physically suffered the same experience as the person that you are empathizing with.

I was not expressing my sadness for the families (Sympathy) in my previous post. I was saying I can understand the frustration, concern for their future, loss, hopelessness, anguish, disappointment, fatigue, anger, and sense of injustice they are experiencing (empathy). I know how to use the two words correctly.

All humans except sociopaths possess this capacity. It doesn’t require that you have ever physically suffered the same experience as the person that you are empathizing with.

I was not expressing my sadness for the families (Sympathy) in my previous post. I was saying I can understand the frustration, concern for their future, loss, hopelessness, anguish, disappointment, fatigue, anger, and sense of injustice they are experiencing (empathy). I know how to use the two words correctly.
    You can no more understand any of the above than you can understand what it is like to have black skin or brown skin, or to be Jewish. You might think or imagine what it is like, but you can't. I suppose since you see yourself as omniscient you think you can.

FWIW, many of those who are experiencing the no school thing couldn't care less about school or education or any of the bolded emotions you listed. Can you also empathize with them? No. Again, you are using your white privilege mind in an attempt to be in the place of the less fortunate, many of which don't care at all.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I think schools should reopen in person for a few reasons:

1. Kids learn better face to face. There are multiple studies that confirm this.
    2. Anywhere from 20-50% of the students from March - end of year did not log into online classes to do any classwork.
    3. Many places in Europe and other civilized countries have already had schools open with virtually no impact to the children with regards of spreading COVID.
    4. Continuing to have online classes will further negatively impact poorer neighborhoods and black urban neighborhoods and the education/learning gap will drastically get larger.

The reasons to open schools are obvious. Europe had the disease under control before reopening schools. We don’t. I think the vast majority of schools will attempt to reopen with in-person options. How long that lasts will depend on what happens to community transmission rates and the impact that has on community hospital systems. Some may have to shut back down.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

The reasons to open schools are obvious. Europe had the disease under control before reopening schools. We don’t. I think the vast majority of schools will attempt to reopen with in-person options. How long that lasts will depend on what happens to community transmission rates and the impact that has on community hospital systems. Some may have to shut back down.
    We don't really know as the Dems have done everything they can to politicize the ChiVi. The public is being fed conflicting information. As D80 posted elsewhere the Dems never waste a chance to exploit a problem (paraphrased). I posted something similar on another forum awhile back. One can imagine the vitriol from my "liberal" FBFs over that. I don't think the ChiVi was purposely unleashed but do believe they and the Dems exploited it once it was out, as I had posted on FB. The
    Chinese and Dems both want to harm our nation and economy. There is nothing liberating about either.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    We don't really know as the Dems have done everything they can to politicize the ChiVi. The public is being fed conflicting information. As D80 posted elsewhere the Dems never waste a chance to exploit a problem (paraphrased). I posted something similar on another forum awhile back. One can imagine the vitriol from my "liberal" FBFs over that. I don't think the ChiVi was purposely unleashed but do believe they and the Dems exploited it once it was out, as I had posted on FB. The
    Chinese and Dems both want to harm our nation and economy. There is nothing liberating about either.
    Trump and some on social media are the ones putting out misinformation. That is deliberate to cover up the horrible job Trump is doing compared to the other countries in the world.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

This should be a non issue, like it is in many other developed countries around then world, but we have a president that is AWOL when it comes to leading a competent pandemic response, choosing instead to throw unproductive rhetoric grenades from the sideline as he icing his bone spurs.
    AWOL my arse! He has stated forever to get these kids back in school ASAP!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Amen!

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Too little too late.
    With all you "wealth of knowledge, information and pseudo-intelligence, just what would you have done to solve the situation?

+ Reply to Thread