+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School - Yes or No?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: School - Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    With all you "wealth of knowledge, information and pseudo-intelligence, just what would you have done to solve the situation?
    I would’ve started by not cutting the legs out from under my task force.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    With all you "wealth of knowledge, information and pseudo-intelligence, just what would you have done to solve the situation?
    Well, he could have called Taiwan and asked what are you planning to do?

What I would have done is immediately convened a pandemic response team to give me their best ideas, and then I would have followed that. Travel restrictions would have only been part of it (in fact, Trumps team recommended it). I certainly wouldn’t proceeded to declare the virus a hoax for 6 weeks after imposing a single travel restriction. I would have been meeting with my team daily to understand progress and problems. I would have prioritized testing and tracing, which means making sure you deploy adequate testing to identify the disease when it makes it on shore and then tracing to identify who else was exposed. Given the criticality of this aspect of the response to avoiding lockdowns and destruction of the economy, I would have used every day of those wasted 6 weeks to make damn sure we were prepared to succeed with testing and tracIng.

I certainly wouldn’t have waged war with the scientific community and my own CDC guidelines which only causes people to act in ways that caused the disease to spread.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Well, he could have called Taiwan and asked what are you planning to do?

What I would have done is immediately convened a pandemic response team to give me their best ideas, and then I would have followed that. Travel restrictions would have only been part of it (in fact, Trumps team recommended it). I certainly wouldn’t proceeded to declare the virus a hoax for 6 weeks after imposing a single travel restriction. I would have been meeting with my team daily to understand progress and problems. I would have prioritized testing and tracing, which means making sure you deploy adequate testing to identify the disease when it makes it on shore and then tracing to identify who else was exposed. Given the criticality of this aspect of the response to avoiding lockdowns and destruction of the economy, I would have used every day of those wasted 6 weeks to make damn sure we were prepared to succeed with testing and tracIng.

I certainly wouldn’t have waged war with the scientific community and my own CDC guidelines which only causes people to act in ways that caused the disease to spread.
    Because of course, with you as the "fearless leader" the medical community would have actually devised a reliable test way back in January, instead of having a questionable one still on July 20, 2020. Not that YOU have had anything to do with it directly, but "just because" you are magically flawless! AND! they would have also found a vaccine for the China Virus...by Valentine's Day at least.

You are such a wonderful armchair QB. One of the best I have ever seen, actually. A legend...in your own mind.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Because of course, with you as the "fearless leader" the medical community would have actually devised a reliable test way back in January, instead of having a questionable one still on July 20, 2020. Not that YOU have had anything to do with it directly, but "just because" you are magically flawless! AND! they would have also found a vaccine for the China Virus...by Valentine's Day at least.

You are such a wonderful armchair QB. One of the best I have ever seen, actually. A legend...in your own mind.
    I would have made sure we were taking more than one shot on goal. And would have been asking “what happens if things don’t go as planned?” You know, Business 101 stuff.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I would’ve started by not cutting the legs out from under my task force.
    Dr. Fauci has stated multiple times even on networks "hostile" to Trump, that the POTUS has given them everything that they have asked for. And you can't say that he is only doing it for his "job", because Fauci has also stated that if the POTUS doesn't like the job he is doing Trump can replace me at his leisure and he(Fauci) would have no issues with that.

I believe that the CDC over the last 8-10 years or more had become a bloated bureaucratic institution that had become arrogant and lazy. The CDC at the beginning of all of this, at the news conferences kept saying "We got this".. when asked about using test kits from WHO, they said "thanks but no thanks". Those were the "experts".

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Dr. Fauci has stated multiple times even on networks "hostile" to Trump, that the POTUS has given them everything that they have asked for. And you can't say that he is only doing it for his "job", because Fauci has also stated that if the POTUS doesn't like the job he is doing Trump can replace me at his leisure and he(Fauci) would have no issues with that.
    If you can't see how Trump's public statements have undercut his team, I don't know what else to say to you.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    If you can't see how Trump's public statements have undercut his team, I don't know what else to say to you.
    I did not watch many of the early press briefings as I had daily meetings that conflicted with those on tv.. could you please provide some examples?

I believe that the CDC over the last 8-10 years or more had become a bloated bureaucratic institution that had become arrogant and lazy. The CDC at the beginning of all of this, at the news conferences kept saying "We got this".. when asked about using test kits from WHO, they said "thanks but no thanks". Those were the "experts".
    Trump, February 24:

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

I did not watch many of the early press briefings as I had daily meetings that conflicted with those on tv.. could you please provide some examples?
    Trump, April 3 on masks and CDC recommendations:

“It’s going to be, really, a voluntary thing. You can do it. You don’t have to do it. I’m choosing not to do it, but some people may want to do it, and that’s OK. It may be good. Probably will. They’re making a recommendation. It’s only a recommendation.”

Trump, April 17 in response to Michigan lockdown.

“LIBERATE MICHIGAN!”

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I would have made sure we were taking more than one shot on goal. And would have been asking “what happens if things don’t go as planned?” You know, Business 101 stuff.
    No you would have been absorbed with impeachment.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Trump, February 24:

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    What he was being told by his "team".

Trump, April 3 on masks and CDC recommendations:

“It’s going to be, really, a voluntary thing. You can do it. You don’t have to do it. I’m choosing not to do it, but some people may want to do it, and that’s OK. It may be good. Probably will. They’re making a recommendation. It’s only a recommendation.”
    Still as much science out there against masks as for them.

Trump, April 17 in response to Michigan lockdown.

“LIBERATE MICHIGAN!”
    Out of context. He was responding the that idiot governor. She is on par with the Mayors of Seattle and Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Out of context. He was responding the that idiot governor. She is on par with the Mayors of Seattle and Portland.
    He also did the same tweet for Minnesota and Virginia.

At 11:19 — two minutes before Trump’s Minnesota tweet — Fox News ran a segment about small groups of right-wing protesters in Minnesota and Virginia who have been agitating for governors there to relax stay-at-home orders so they can resume normal shopping and traveling activities.

Stop making up fake excuses for a guy that was actively undermining people trying to lead disease response in their communities.

What he was being told by his "team".
    Who on his team? Certainly not Nancy Messonnier from the CDC and Peter Navarro who was contemporaneously negotiating a trade deal in China at the time.

If some on his team were telling the president what they thought he wanted to hear, then that is just another personal failure of his leadership.

Still as much science out there against masks as for them.
    So much science that even Trump has had to make a 180 on the issue!

Any evidence against the effectiveness of masks was vastly overweighed by real science, empirical data and logic.

People only tried to defend the anti-mask position because Trump took months to embrace it. And that is one the reasons that the disease is still spreading, now at record levels, in the US while most of the rest of the developed world has it under control.

+ Reply to Thread