+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Replaces Prairie View with Houston Baptist - latechsports.com

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Replaces Prairie View with Houston Baptist - latechsports.com

That would be racist to ask them to pay the fee. Sound silly? No more silly than what BLM, SWAC, MEAC, and most NCAA conferences are insisting on.

The problem is that our AD EVER scheduled them or any HBCU school to begin with.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I hope this doesn’t hurt us scheduling SWAC teams in the future

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That would be racist to ask them to pay the fee. Sound silly? No more silly than what BLM, SWAC, MEAC, and most NCAA conferences are insisting on.

The problem is that our AD EVER scheduled them or any HBCU school to begin with.
    Why even go there? This is business

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Why even go there? This is business
    Good point. The snowflakes should take note.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Tommy has changed his mind. I am sure he realized there was no way he was going to collect the half million.

https://twitter.com/tmcclelland/status/1287716312647639040

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh

Maybe we won't pay SWAC teams this much in the future

Or maybe since the contract is null anyway we just pay them less regardless

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

So predictable...

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Tech needs to hire a seasoned “spokesperson” when The Advocate or any press asks questions about Tech’s position on...whatever. There's a way to say something and avoid the bad OPTICS. The scenario:

1. We're in the middle of a national health crisis.
    2. The country is experiencing a lot of racial/civil unrest. Prairie View is an HBCU
    3. Prairie View didn't unilaterally cancel this game. Their conference decided this.
    4. As someone earlier stated, we should expect extra scrutiny when we decide to schedule an HBCU.

All TMac would have had to say was something along the lines of, "certainly we wanted to play the game, and we all understand the terms of the agreement, and these are certainly unprecedented circumstances. Tech will be reaching out to the SWAC leadership and Prairie View A&M to discuss next steps and hopefully reach an agreement which will be acceptable to both institutions."

I, for one, am tired of Tech being in the national headlines for bad PR missteps.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Tech needs to hire a seasoned “spokesperson” when The Advocate or any press asks questions about Tech’s position on...whatever. There's a way to say something and avoid the bad OPTICS. The scenario:

1. We're in the middle of a national health crisis.
    2. The country is experiencing a lot of racial/civil unrest. Prairie View is an HBCU
    3. Prairie View didn't unilaterally cancel this game. Their conference decided this.
    4. As someone earlier stated, we should expect extra scrutiny when we decide to schedule an HBCU.

All TMac would have had to say was something along the lines of, "certainly we wanted to play the game, and we all understand the terms of the agreement, and these are certainly unprecedented circumstances. Tech will be reaching out to the SWAC leadership and Prairie View A&M to discuss next steps and hopefully reach an agreement which will be acceptable to both institutions."

I, for one, am tired of Tech being in the national headlines for bad PR missteps.
    I admit Tommy never should have said he was going to ask for the money, which he never had a chance to collect, and made his look bad. But, I didn't see where this was a national headline. Where was this?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Pretty interesting set up for Houston Baptist's new stadium, grandstands on the west and CVS on the eastside.

Attachment 14551
    Looks like an electric football set.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Looks like an electric football set.
    Hah! I had an awesome electric football set! It was an NFL version and came with the Cowboys and Rams...but, my Dad ordered four more teams: Cardinals, Browns, Saints, Lions. My brother, my Dad! and some friends would play, each choosing a team. Believe it or not, I chose the Cowboys because the little plastic things on the base that made them stay straight, were the best. That was the key...not having your guys spin in circles! This was 1969 or 1970, something like that. We had a blast. The cardboard stadium was awesome too. With a cool scoreboard, that partially wrapped around the endzones, and it had the yellow, single post goalposts, with a rubber padding on it! It was big too. The board, the vibrating playing surface was 42" long and something like 24" wide. It cost something like $29 and my Mom had a fit my Dad spent so much on it! (not to mention the extras he ordered...shhhh!)

I won the championship beating my good friend, George, who was playing the Cardinals. Final was 21-10. Funny I can remember all of that.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Love the story. Mine is near identical.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Do you remember one, I think related to Monday night football? It had an offensive slide on the numbers side and a defense slide along one of the end zones. I think there were cardboard cutouts with the plays that you'd fit in a tray above each. The defense would move their slide to their desired play and the offense would do likewise. A lever on the offense slide was moved to show the result of the play which lit up in the middle of the field.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    Do you remember one, I think related to Monday night football? It had an offensive slide on the numbers side and a defense slide along one of the end zones. I think there were cardboard cutouts with the plays that you'd fit in a tray above each. The defense would move their slide to their desired play and the offense would do likewise. A lever on the offense slide was moved to show the result of the play which lit up in the middle of the field.
    Are you talking about NFL Strategy by any chance? I played it many, many hours. https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1415072/nfl-strategy

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Hah! I had an awesome electric football set! It was an NFL version and came with the Cowboys and Rams...but, my Dad ordered four more teams: Cardinals, Browns, Saints, Lions. My brother, my Dad! and some friends would play, each choosing a team. Believe it or not, I chose the Cowboys because the little plastic things on the base that made them stay straight, were the best. That was the key...not having your guys spin in circles! This was 1969 or 1970, something like that. We had a blast. The cardboard stadium was awesome too. With a cool scoreboard, that partially wrapped around the endzones, and it had the yellow, single post goalposts, with a rubber padding on it! It was big too. The board, the vibrating playing surface was 42" long and something like 24" wide. It cost something like $29 and my Mom had a fit my Dad spent so much on it! (not to mention the extras he ordered...shhhh!)

I won the championship beating my good friend, George, who was playing the Cardinals. Final was 21-10. Funny I can remember all of that.
    I had one back in the mid 1970s, but mine wasn't as fancy as the one you described.

+ Reply to Thread