+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Social Justice coming to NCAA

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Social Justice coming to NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Corrected it for you. But I didn't correct your false statement about the "general public".

And Champ, only snowflakes believe in "social justice" as that is just a codeword that advocates a different and more insidious kind of systemic injustice.
    No you didn’t, you propagandized it for me. We’ve been over this a million times.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Guise and athletic council could put the quietetous on it for the university sports.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    Guise and athletic council could put the quietetous on it for the university sports.
    no they can’t. It’s gonna happen thanks to the NCAA and we will lose many fans because some of our over achieving athletes will feel the need to be a self important jocks on Twitter

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I don’t think a significant number of people care at all. The general public is certainly more receptive to these peaceful “statements” than they were in 2017.
    ah, even if true, would you be willing to bank on TECH fans being the “general public”?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    ah, even if true, would you be willing to bank on TECH fans being the “general public”?
    Because of slogans like “equality”, “peace”, and “say their names” on the back of jerseys?

I’m sure there will be people who get mad. There are every year for any number of reasons.

If the NCAA and CUSA allow it, do you think Tech should prohibit it? Do you think that could impact our current and potential student athletes?

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

My initial impression is that I'm completely ok with the patches. Various messages and slogans billboarded all across the backs of jerseys might turn that the other way. For twenty plus years we make around 30 trips a year from Haughton to Ruston for football, wbb, mbb. Been attending football over 60 years, wbb 30+. I want to add baseball In the spring.

And we go to attend and enjoy Tech ATHLETICS, not just another.political show. It would be so difficult to give up those trips to Ruston. But I believe I could.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think we’ve already had one “high profile” player who aired out his feelings on Twitter, then removed them. This was weeks ago.
    Certainly seems a likely and unnecessary avenue for dissension within a team. While BLM may be theoretically benevolent the reality is certainly different.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Because of slogans like “equality”, “peace”, and “say their names” on the back of jerseys?

I’m sure there will be people who get mad. There are every year for any number of reasons.

If the NCAA and CUSA allow it, do you think Tech should prohibit it? Do you think that could impact our current and potential student athletes?
    Key word - "slogan" - which is counter to truth.
    It should have never been considered. Totally absurd.

I don’t think a significant number of people care at all. The general public is certainly more receptive to these peaceful “statements” than they were in 2017.
    They are not peaceful. Have you seen the news and ignored it?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

my question wasn’t if people get ”mad”. I already stated that I am not sure what my response will be. I certainly think not going along with the crowd could impact our athletes. My question was how big of an impact could this have on support for the programs? Do you think those athletes are going to come play in front of even smaller crowds than we have now?

And I think you hedged a bit on slogans. what if they go the route of all pro sports with ”Black Lives Matter”?

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    They are not peaceful. Have you seen the news and ignored it?
    You’re equivocating.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Has the band been practicing the music for the "alternative" national anthem ??

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    my question wasn’t if people get ”mad”. I already stated that I am not sure what my response will be. I certainly think not going along with the crowd could impact our athletes. My question was how big of an impact could this have on support for the programs? Do you think those athletes are going to come play in front of even smaller crowds than we have now?

And I think you hedged a bit on slogans. what if they go the route of all pro sports with ”Black Lives Matter”?
    Sure...I assume the only reason they would stay home would be because they are mad.

There are a number of reasons attendance might be down this year and this may be one of them.

But as PD alluded to, not sure there’s much Tech can or should do about it.

It’s beyond silly to say these slogans (even BLM) is Marxist...unless you have no knowledge of Marxism.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    How ridiculous can things get? Can "Police Lives Matter" be emblazoned on a jersey? NCAA should not advertise political slogans, stances, etc., IMO. Not the proper venue. Their is no escape from this nonsense. It is offensive and should be prevented because I am offended.
    Amen!!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

It's beyond silly to see game jerseys with "EQUALITY" across the back of them instead of the players' names. Are these people so stupid that they don't realize that racial equality would actually mean that each roster must be comprised of ~13.4 % African American players and they should get only ~ 13.4% of the p.t. ??

+ Reply to Thread