+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MLB & Covid

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

MLB & Covid

So the MLS, NBA & NHL have been Able to play their games in a bubble without any Covid incidents. However, MLB has had numerous games cancelled and an outbreak on the Marlins. It looks like the Marlins weren’t being careful in Atlanta and went out, etc.

I know they talked about an Arizona bubble & AZ/FL bubbles, that got shut down. I wonder if the are second guessing themselves now. I think they should have used 3 bubbles - NY, Chicago & LA. All three have 2 MAjor League stadiums and you could have had day/night DHs. I’m sure there are also high quality stadiums (college, minor leago) that could have also been used. I know it’s not ideal, but it would have minimized travel and you could’ve create safer environments for the players.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: MLB & Covid

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    So the MLS, NBA & NHL have been Able to play their games in a bubble without any Covid incidents. However, MLB has had numerous games cancelled and an outbreak on the Marlins. It looks like the Marlins weren’t being careful in Atlanta and went out, etc.

I know they talked about an Arizona bubble & AZ/FL bubbles, that got shut down. I wonder if the are second guessing themselves now. I think they should have used 3 bubbles - NY, Chicago & LA. All three have 2 MAjor League stadiums and you could have had day/night DHs. I’m sure there are also high quality stadiums (college, minor leago) that could have also been used. I know it’s not ideal, but it would have minimized travel and you could’ve create safer environments for the players.
    It's the players "sneaking" out of the bubble that is the real problem -

The NBA has been successful because of the Disney set-up

MLB would of done much better with an AZ & FL set-up

Peyton is trying to create his own bubble with the Saints at the Loews

The only true safe guard is LIMITING outside contact - not continuous testing, it's just a snapshot in time...

That's why I say ultimately college and high school football will not happen at any level because you can't control the "bubble" once students show back up on campus

No contact - 6 feet distance - and super clean hygiene is truly the only safe guards at this point and for the next 18 to 24 months
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: MLB & Covid

Most imprortantly: CUBS are in the #1 spot
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread