+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Quarterback Battle Still Going Strong - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech Quarterback Battle Still Going Strong - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

On day eight of fall camp practices, the battle at the quarterback position for Louisiana Tech continues to be fierce as redshirt sophomore Aaron Allen, graduate student Luke Anthony and redshirt senior Westin Elliott compete for the starting spot.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Quarterback Battle Still Going Strong - latechsports.com

25 to 1 Allen

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

was it allen that completed so many passes to the wrong team? it seems like it's been years since we had football and i can't remember. at any rate, whoever it was that threw so many interceptions last year, i remember thinking he was a great talent and would be really good if he would slow down and make accurate passes.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

We may see all 3 if we have players that get Covid and have to sit out.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    We may see all 3 if we have players that get Covid and have to sit out.
    Exactly, I hope all three are ready. I can't wait for football, but I still have my doubts about this season. I hope and pray we can do this and our opponents can play, as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Anthony based on Skip's praise. I heard the same jargon 5 years ago.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    was it allen that completed so many passes to the wrong team? it seems like it's been years since we had football and i can't remember. at any rate, whoever it was that threw so many interceptions last year, i remember thinking he was a great talent and would be really good if he would slow down and make accurate passes.
    Elliott is the one that likes to share the ball with our opponents. He had somewhat of a streak going where he was put in a series that quickly resulted in an INT. Regardless, both Allen and Elliott in-game play needs to be significantly better if one of them gets the job. I would think the transfer guy has a big open door of opportunity to become the starter if Holtz can’t believe in Allen or Elliott learning through game experience.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Elliott is the one that likes to share the ball with our opponents. He had somewhat of a streak going where he was put in a series that quickly resulted in an INT. Regardless, both Allen and Elliott in-game play needs to be significantly better if one of them gets the job. I would think the transfer guy has a big open door of opportunity to become the starter if Holtz can’t believe in Allen or Elliott learning through game experience.
    that's right. i remember now. elliott showed a good arm and looked like he had the talent to run too. just couldn't throw it to the guys wearing blue. allen looked like he had arm strength issues, but was much more poised in game situations.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I think the transfer is our only hope. Allen and Elliot have both looked awful every time they've played.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I think the transfer is our only hope. Allen and Elliot have both looked awful every time they've played.
    ...but they have "experience"

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    ...but they have "experience"
    Yeah, that can be the Trojan horse of the situation. Neither Allen or Elliott gave us much to be optimistic about with there real game experience. Especially Elliott since all of his was “garbage time” series that focused heavily on the garbage. Allen had some full games. J’Mar’s one start as a youngster was very respectable against Arkansas, but the growth through experience when he became starter seemed to have several plateaus. Those successful seasons of one-year starters (seniors and grad transfers) spoiled us. We don’t want to live through anyone having to learn or improve by experience. Based on what we have seen so far, many might lean to letting the transfer get the job.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Elliott was a "turnover machine" last year. It seems I read somewhere last year he was excellent at practices, but the skills didn't translate to games. Perhaps it was because he wasn't put in to run the offense with the 1's during games.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Elliott was a "turnover machine" last year. It seems I read somewhere last year he was excellent at practices, but the skills didn't translate to games. Perhaps it was because he wasn't put in to run the offense with the 1's during games.
    His stats as a backup make me pretty nervous. But the thing that gives me hope that if he wins the job is remembering Ryan Higgens. He had similar struggles in mop-up duty, but as a starter that TD to Int. ratio really ended up being fine. So apparently that kind of 6/14, 4 turnover season thing doesn't have to signal the end of the world (or much of anything) as a starter.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    You are a dedicated fan posting at 3 am on a random Thursday. I salute you!

I would be overjoyed if any of these QBs pulled a “Higgin’s SR-season” this year.

+ Reply to Thread