+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Laura

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Hurricane Laura

Stay safe!

Hasn’t gotten bad in Shreveport yet. My grandfather-in-law is riding it out in Lake Charles. Pretty devastating down there.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hurricane Laura

Hearing Ruston power is out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Natchitoches hit hard...have my contractors out already removing downed trees off of renters' cars...egad! Reports on properties are minor damage...lots of trees down but LUCKILY most fell exactly where a skilled logger would have dropped them. Can't believe my luck on that. Have contacted my insurance company with claims. Probably will have to pay for damage to renters' cars...oh well, if the insurance company won't, I will. Lots of fence damage too.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Big tree down on our neighbor’s house. About 10 feet from hitting our house. Our neighbor had to be taken to the hospital.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Natchitoches hit hard...have my contractors out already removing downed trees off of renters' cars...egad! Reports on properties are minor damage...lots of trees down but LUCKILY most fell exactly where a skilled logger would have dropped them. Can't believe my luck on that. Have contacted my insurance company with claims. Probably will have to pay for damage to renters' cars...oh well, if the insurance company won't, I will. Lots of fence damage too.
    Yep! Insurance company says they will pay nothing on damage to renters' cars. Expected that. I will cover their deductibles.

Needed some trees taken down and Mother Nature sure took care of that for me! She got 'em on the ground...

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I had to get out and check on property yesterday afternoon. I was surprised by the amount of damage in Ruston. Lots of trees down and of course they took out powerlines.

I hadn't thought the storm was that bad. Constant rain but not buckets. I'm guessing 30 - 40 mph winds for the most part.

But there were a couple of gusts that were pretty darn strong and lasted maybe a minute. Obviously it was enough. Going to take a few days to get power restored everywhere in town. There's a heat advisory today so a lot of people will be sweating it out without AC while they wait for power to be restored.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The eye shifting East was a break for those west of Ruston, but not good for those East of Ruston. Never thought I’d see this much damage this far north from a hurricane.

Just heard Laura was a Cat 2 when she reached Natchitoches.

Yep! Insurance company says they will pay nothing on damage to renters' cars. Expected that. I will cover their deductibles.

Needed some trees taken down and Mother Nature sure took care of that for me! She got 'em on the ground...
    Speaking of trees down...if a neighbor's tree falls on your house, or fence, or whatever, they are only responsible for paying to have the tree removed. Their insurance company, or them, or not obligated to pay for your repairs. The exception to that is, if they knew, or should have known, the tree was rotted or otherwise compromised and was likely to fall, then you have some legal recourse. But even that, other then in small claims court, is a tough legal battle to win.

Last year I had sent pics to a property owner behind one of my rent houses...he had two dead trees. I offered to go 50-50% paying to have them safely taken down. He told me to "go to hell." Sure enough a regular storm took them down...right on top of my house. I was out of town when it happened, my renters called me. I called him. His wife said it was being taken care of. When I got home both trees had been cut and removed off my property. Luckily I had only minor roof damage and my regular handy man was able to make repairs, as I always keep extra shingles when I have a new roof put on.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Speaking of trees down...if a neighbor's tree falls on your house, or fence, or whatever, they are only responsible for paying to have the tree removed. Their insurance company, or them, or not obligated to pay for your repairs. The exception to that is, if they knew, or should have known, the tree was rotted or otherwise compromised and was likely to fall, then you have some legal recourse. But even that, other then in small claims court, is a tough legal battle to win.

Last year I had sent pics to a property owner behind one of my rent houses...he had two dead trees. I offered to go 50-50% paying to have them safely taken down. He told me to "go to hell." Sure enough a regular storm took them down...right on top of my house. I was out of town when it happened, my renters called me. I called him. His wife said it was being taken care of. When I got home both trees had been cut and removed off my property. Luckily I had only minor roof damage and my regular handy man was able to make repairs, as I always keep extra shingles when I have a new roof put on.
    If the tree is dead the property owner of the tree is liable. If the tree is alive it is considered an act of nature and the person with damage gets to pay hopefully with insurance. Generally vehicles are not covered by homeowners or property coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    If the tree is dead the property owner of the tree is liable. If the tree is alive it is considered an act of nature and the person with damage gets to pay hopefully with insurance. Generally vehicles are not covered by homeowners or property coverage.
    Right, as I said, if the property owner knew or should have known the tree was likely to fall...if the tree is dead then it's hard for someone to make the case "I didn't think it was a hazard." Okay. But still, to fight something like that thru the legal system is time-consuming, can be costly, and isn't worth the hassle.

In my case, had the jerk agreed to go 50-50 in taking down his dead trees, the cost would have been $3,500-4000. They were dead oaks, a good, 75-80 feet tall. My half would have been $2Gs. As it turned out, I paid my handy man $400 to replace shingles and repair about 8 feet of gutter. Still, not being sure how much damage could have happened to my house...both trees landed on my house...I would have preferred to have them taken down safely. Both trees hit in the yard with huge branches stopping the momentum of the fall. The tops of the trees, smaller branches, hit the house. He also repaired the fence on the property line.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I will never doubt the power of the Barksdale Bubble again -

Oh and whole house generators are the best thing that you can invest in for your home - no lugging out a generator, no flipping switches and counting watts & amps - not extension cords - power goes off/generator comes on...

Forget granite counter tops, hard wood floors and 4k tvs - invest in the generator
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I will never doubt the power of the Barksdale Bubble again -

Oh and whole house generators are the best thing that you can invest in for your home - no lugging out a generator, no flipping switches and counting watts & amps - not extension cords - power goes off/generator comes on...

Forget granite counter tops, hard wood floors and 4k tvs - invest in the generator
    Ok, I'll bite. Seriously....what's the "Barksdale Bubble"?........

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It's a super secret military device that prevents weather systems from moving into the Shreveport/Bossier area.

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's a super secret military device that prevents weather systems from moving into the Shreveport/Bossier area.

Hmmm. Okay. Good to know. But, if so, wouldn't it make sense to build a few more of 'em along the Gulf coast where Hurricane's and bad weather are so prevalent?

Also, where was this "super secret device" when Bossier City got wiped out in 1978??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_Bossier_City_tornado_outbreak#:~:text=The 1978 Bossier City tornado,of which were long tracked.

The Bossier City tornado became the fifth tornado in American history to produce at least $100 million (non-adjusted) in damage.[1

+ Reply to Thread