+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Laura

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Hurricane Laura

Sorry...to the rest of you...I got my feathers ruffled a bit and had to respond as I did above. The truth (facts) is JBE is absent in this disaster. Period.

More news...unfortunately a lineman has been severely injured, lucky to be alive. By coincidence a business associate, and FB friend's mother-in-law, a trained RN and former EMT, lives on the street where the accident occurred and rushed to provide CPR until the EMTs arrived. She saved his life. Don't know the extent of his injuries. Prayers go out to him and to all the wonderful crews working around the clock. It is dangerous work.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, he's talking about Marco, the storm from a few weeks ago that turned into almost nothing.

I've also seen the "dodge the bullet" quote on social media from Edwards. As turbo said, he was talking about the first storm, Marco, not the second storm, Laura.

Yes, I see that now. My bad and thanks for correcting me.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

BS! he has publically stated...of Laura... the state "dodged a bullet" or whatever euphemistic expression he used to describe Louisiana not being clobbered by a strong storm surge. He has turned his back on LC and the rest of western Louisiana, and that is a fact. They will be without power and safe drinking water in Deridder for several more weeks and it's much worse further south.

Folks from around the country are chiming in on various social media platforms with, "what's the f--k wrong with y'alls' governor?" He says all is well and even sent home two out-of-state electric line repair crews, one from Kentucky.

I just spent the past 3 hours loading two trailers with water and other relief supplies, headed to Deridder and points south of there. I suppose we should cancel the trip, after all, Louisiana "dodged a bullet." Er, right JBE?

JBE was in Natchitoches doing some damage-control. Obvious grand-standing just so he can deflect all the criticism he is getting. He didn't say anything worth a damn. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who has even the most basic knowledge of what is going on could have done better.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You are as out of touch with reality on this as you are on George Floyd. The facts have a way of alluding you.

Tell you what, since I know you will simply attempt to brush this off...drive your ass down to Lake Charles and ask those folks where the guvnor is. For the record, I have not been to LC since the storm passed. I was in Deridder the other day and did speak with people from LC, both displaced residents and other relief workers. It is THEM saying all the negatives about JBE! Go convince them, with your typical libtard view, that everything is hunky dory. Go ahead...

BTW, Facebook is pure libtard too! They have made a concerted effort to remove all non-lefty material and sites. They ban people for posts they don't like, etc.. so, as you lefties continue to malign FB, remember they are you!!!
    I live in Lake Charles.

Thanks.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

BS! he has publically stated...of Laura... the state "dodged a bullet" or whatever euphemistic expression he used to describe Louisiana not being clobbered by a strong storm surge. He has turned his back on LC and the rest of western Louisiana, and that is a fact. They will be without power and safe drinking water in Deridder for several more weeks and it's much worse further south.

Folks from around the country are chiming in on various social media platforms with, "what's the f--k wrong with y'alls' governor?" He says all is well and even sent home two out-of-state electric line repair crews, one from Kentucky.

I just spent the past 3 hours loading two trailers with water and other relief supplies, headed to Deridder and points south of there. I suppose we should cancel the trip, after all, Louisiana "dodged a bullet." Er, right JBE?
    Bless your heart for loading some water.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

He says all is well and even sent home two out-of-state electric line repair crews, one from Kentucky.
    Entergy, CLECO, SWEPCO, BECI, et al work with other utilities under a mutual aid agreement. And a financial instrument has to be in place for assistance to happen. You know this.

Only a Facebook maw maw thinks crews from Kentucky were turned away. Or a convoy at Beaumont was turned away.

The Governor is not in charge of or directs any utility, and has not turned anyone away. Not in his lane to do so. That’s on the utility; they decide who they sub, and who touches their infrastructure.

Check with the PSC, or your power provider if I’m wrong.

I most certainly do know what I'm talking about...your lousy guvnar. And it is absolutely true about crews, one from Kentucky, turned away by the guvnar or his office or his representative. Of course, I did not mean, and no one meant, that I know of, that JBE himself, in person, went out to where these crews were working/staying and..."I'm Guvnar JBE, you guys need to leave Louisiana immediately." JBE wouldn't care enough to make that much effort.

And since you turbo and yours have it so well, and JBE is personally seeing to your needs down there in LC, if you will provide your address I will alert relief supply providers, and other crews, to not waste their time in your vicinity. You and JBE got this.

Meanwhile, "bless their little, pitiful hearts" others will continue to lend assistance as needed to other, not so well off, LC residents.

One minor correction...the crew from Kentucky is not an electric company, linemen, crew. They are tree cutters, limb/debris clearing. They have two bucket trucks, wood chipper, etc...and were told they had to leave where they were staying due to China virus concerns. That was the initial reason given for them to vacate. After that the company owner, who I am now in contact with, experienced further rebuffs.

Louisiana has a serious lack of leadership at the top.

Here is part of a message the fellow sent:

Your governors office has already reached out to me. Apparently this is a widespread issue and they are trying to figure out who is telling this to contractors.

I told them I wouldn’t make any additional posts but if they wanted to correct this issues the governor should address it immediately and put an end to it. To this point he hasn’t done so.

I have nothing to apologize for. If your governor cares enough about contractors not being able to work due to this message being passed to them, he will address it

He just sent me some pics he took...in the Lake Chuck vicinity...whoa! In one pic there are five completely destroyed houses, flattened, and you can see a red brick house, with damage, but still standing...that must be turbo's house! No problems there!

Yesterday, the Natchitoches Humane Society, of which we are volunteers, sent 35 dogs via the Pooch Express bus up north for permanent relocation. 8 of those dogs came to us from Lake Charles. Many folks simply cannot properly take care of pets right now given their own situations. My wife is more active in the NHS than I am, I just pitch in when needed. I take no credit for any of it, but will sing the praises of those very active folks who work every day saving dogs/cats/horses etc..., like our fearless leader Ms. Juanita M. who is a tireless champion of animals in need.

Guess turbo will now chime in with "bless her heart."

Thanks for your input, jimbo.

One minor correction...the crew from Kentucky is not an electric company, linemen, crew. They are tree cutters, limb/debris clearing. They have two bucket trucks, wood chipper, etc...and were told they had to leave where they were staying due to China virus concerns. That was the initial reason given for them to vacate. After that the company owner, who I am now in contact with, experienced further rebuffs.

Louisiana has a serious lack of leadership at the top.
    Who brought them in? Entergy? BECI? CLECO? Who was going to pay them?

He just sent me some pics he took...in the Lake Chuck vicinity...whoa! In one pic there are five completely destroyed houses, flattened, and you can see a red brick house, with damage, but still standing...that must be turbo's house! No problems there!
    Problems upon problems. Looked an left, for now.

We’ll fight the good fight when and as we can.

Thanks for inquiring of our well-being, Tech fam.

+ Reply to Thread