+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Laura

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Hurricane Laura

Always glad to pitch in and help. Lots of folks very selflessly doing a lot.

Starman: "What I like about you humans is this, you are at your best when things are at their worst."

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Don’t know anything about what the Governor did or didn’t do. I went to Lake Charles the Saturday before the storm to prepare my Mother-in-law’s home. Met my Brother-in-law in Oakdale the Tuesday before the storm to exchange an AC for my mother-in-law... (insert joke here).

After 6 days without power in Lincoln Parish, I went back to Lake Charles Friday to carry supplies to my brother-in-law, who rode out the storm, and assess the Nana’s home.

Lake Charles got NUKED, as I am sure turbo can attest to. I would venture to say that there is not a single structure still standing in Cameron or Calcasieu that doesn’t need a new roof, at a minimum. The infrastructure rebuild is probably unprecedented.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

But Louisiana was lucky to dodge a strong storm surge. Do you feel lucky, eh, Lake Chuck?

BTW, just to address your inquiry, JBE has done next to nothing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

He’s busy figuring out how to stay in phase 2

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Getting some alarming reports out of Alex area, Rapides, Lasalle, and Grant parishes of out-of-state crews not being well-treated. Locals blame CLECO who they allege is interfering in local support from individuals and churches and other organizations. In one case a church opened their community center which has some shower facilities to any crews wishing to use it. After 16 hours in this heat/humidity working all day, the first thing anyone would want is a dern shower! The church gave out towels but apparently someone...from CLECO?...came around and confiscated those, and has issued a statement that crews on their payroll and/or being compensated by the company are not permitted to accept any help from individuals or private entities (churches). That might be okay if CLECO was providing everything the crews needed, but apparently they are not.

Also, your Louisiana guvnor (he's not my guvnor) is a shameful POS. He has totally turned his back on SW and western Louisiana, made worse by his stupid national statement that Louisiana dodged a bullet and everything is okay here. What an effing POS!

I am making inquiries and hopefully a caravan of relief will be headed to Alex to bring some food/supplies to those selfless crews. I hope it is not true about CLECO, or it has been greatly exaggerated. I have worked with CLECO quite a bit in the past in economic development projects in CENLA and always found them to be extremely generous and helpful.
    I hate to hear that. I know they are being treated like heroes in Grant Parish and everywhere I have seen in the area. They are feeding them and doing anything they can to make them welcome and comfortable. I did hear some idiots stole their saws and other gear in Alexandria, but I haven't heard anything like you are reporting thankfully. That idiot gov. other people voted for actually sent crews home saying we had enough help.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Spent several days in Lake Charles/Westlake helping my in-laws clean up, dismantle their damaged house etc. if the governor said they dodged a bullet he is ****ing stupid plain and simple, and if they really are turning away crews from out of state that those people need.... you need to run him out of office yesterday.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

But Louisiana was lucky to dodge a strong storm surge. Do you feel lucky, eh, Lake Chuck?

Prayers were answered that the storm surge wasn’t what predicted.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Don’t know anything about what the Governor did or didn’t do. I went to Lake Charles the Saturday before the storm to prepare my Mother-in-law’s home. Met my Brother-in-law in Oakdale the Tuesday before the storm to exchange an AC for my mother-in-law... (insert joke here).

After 6 days without power in Lincoln Parish, I went back to Lake Charles Friday to carry supplies to my brother-in-law, who rode out the storm, and assess the Nana’s home.

Lake Charles got NUKED, as I am sure turbo can attest to. I would venture to say that there is not a single structure still standing in Cameron or Calcasieu that doesn’t need a new roof, at a minimum. The infrastructure rebuild is probably unprecedented.
    It’s bad. Bad.

Unprecedented is a good descriptor.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Prayers were answered that the storm surge wasn’t what predicted.
    Yes, and Laura was not the rain event she could have been, which would have caused more problems with inland flooding. Let's count our blessings. But, as you apparently know, this was a very destructive storm...parts of western Louisiana, not usually associated with extensive hurricane damage, such as Sabine and DeSoto parishes, are still without power and basic services. Of course, it is much, much worse the further south you go. A business associate just got power back yesterday...near Deridder. His camp on Toledo Bend was completely destroyed. His insurance company declared it a total loss. Yeah, I know many folks will say, His camp!? BFD! my house is gone! Yep! just showing how powerful Laura was and the reach of her destruction.

That is why it is shameful the way JBE has dismissed this as "we dodged a bullet."

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

More like the bullet missed the heart and hit the lungs.

Remember that in Louisiana politik, "we" means "NO and BR."

Just want to mention, there are currently SIX systems out there today. Two named storms, Paulette and Rene, and four soon-to-be-named systems. They are all presently following the path that Laura tracked. That's NOT to say they will stay on that path. In fact, early forecasts are for most, or all of them, to turn north before they can reach the gulf. Upper atmosphere conditions have changed since Laura, and Marco, came along.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Yes, and Laura was not the rain event she could have been, which would have caused more problems with inland flooding. Let's count our blessings. But, as you apparently know, this was a very destructive storm...parts of western Louisiana, not usually associated with extensive hurricane damage, such as Sabine and DeSoto parishes, are still without power and basic services. Of course, it is much, much worse the further south you go. A business associate just got power back yesterday...near Deridder. His camp on Toledo Bend was completely destroyed. His insurance company declared it a total loss. Yeah, I know many folks will say, His camp!? BFD! my house is gone! Yep! just showing how powerful Laura was and the reach of her destruction.

That is why it is shameful the way JBE has dismissed this as "we dodged a bullet."
    Rita was a rough, rough one, and touched many of those places. But Laura was a different beast than Rita, unfortunately.

I’ve gotten regular updates from folks in Sabine. A mess.

Like skilldawg said above, unprecedented is an appropriate description. Particularly to and north of I20.

I still do not read that JBE said Louisiana dodged a bullet with Laura. I think Greg Abbot might’ve said just that, but I can’t fret about any of that. Neither here nor there right now.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    ]

I still do not read that JBE said Louisiana dodged a bullet with Laura. I think Greg Abbot might’ve said just that, but I can’t fret about any of that. Neither here nor there right now.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Person, woman, man, camera....TV

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I still don’t read it. Do you?

+ Reply to Thread