+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NCAA Football | Week 1

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: NCAA Football | Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Marshall wiped EKU. Not as meaningful as an FBS matchup, but I am worried about them, especially given that a lot of the other CUSA teams seem very rusty with all the disrupted practices. I am wondering if we will be closer to Marshall or to USM...
    One thing you can say for Skip, he knows how to "manage" a team, and get his players ready to play. Whether we have the talent to beat Baylor or not remains to be seen, but I'm confident that we'll be well coached and ready to play.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    USM lays an egg (or nearly does) every year. USA looked sharp, and USM has some good weapons. Gore Jr will be one of the best in the league before his college career is over. Kubik is a good OC.
    USM looked "small" to me. Small across the offensive line, the DB's, at RB (Frank Gore Jr) and at some of the receiver spots (e.g., Jones). USM had DB's bouncing off USA ball carriers.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Ark St got out in front of Memphis, but it’s been all Memphis since the half.

Belt has had some good showings.
    This game could be closer if ASU receivers could catch the ball. They’re too inconsistent.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    One thing you can say for Skip, he knows how to "manage" a team, and get his players ready to play. Whether we have the talent to beat Baylor or not remains to be seen, but I'm confident that we'll be well coached and ready to play.
    Well, sometimes. Bowl games for sure.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

UTEP wins 24-14.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If form holds, Skip will find a way to lose by 1 pt.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    This game could be closer if ASU receivers could catch the ball. They’re too inconsistent.
    Even after you posted your post above, I watched ASU receivers drop another 4 passes. It was bad. Those guys just can’t catch. Their QB is actually pretty good.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Well, sometimes. Bowl games for sure.
    He won a couple of bowl games against P5 teams. He lost ALL the rest (10?) of the P5 games. Not sure why you think he will have them coached and ready to play. Apparently our AD agrees with you, so he gave him and his staff another raise at the worst possible time.

We are a 16 point underdog. Still no respect earned.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He won a couple of bowl games against P5 teams. He lost ALL the rest (10?) of the P5 games. Not sure why you think he will have them coached and ready to play. Apparently our AD agrees with you, so he gave him and his staff another raise at the worst possible time.

We are a 16 point underdog. Still no respect earned.
    That's what next Saturday is all about. If we want respect, go out and earn it. We have arguably the biggest platform in the conference in which to earn it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

That's what next Saturday is all about. If we want respect, go out and earn it. We have arguably the biggest platform in the conference in which to earn it.
    Yep. He has had a number of opportunities to earn us more respect. Many of our fans and especially our AD are satisfied with the bowl streak and dwindling attendance. If we beat the spread our fans will be giddy in a ULM sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yep. He has had a number of opportunities to earn us more respect. Many of our fans and especially our AD are satisfied with the bowl streak and dwindling attendance. If we beat the spread our fans will be giddy in a ULM sort of way.
    Hey, I'm really concerned about that.

On Friday, I called LTAC and asked if there was going to be a pre-game alumni gathering prior to the Baylor game in Waco. I was told, "No, due to social distancing.....etc...We're planning one prior to the UNT game, but not Baylor".

I replied, "it sounds like the ULM culture is rubbing off on you guys already".

They were not amused.

Hey, I'm really concerned about that.

On Friday, I called LTAC and asked if there was going to be a pre-game alumni gathering prior to the Baylor game in Waco. I was told, "No, due to social distancing.....etc...We're planning one prior to the UNT game, but not Baylor".

I replied, "it sounds like the ULM culture is rubbing off on you guys already".

They were not amused.
    Our AD was afraid there may be some PawDawg or Champ967 type folks at Waco. He does not like to bump elbows with the common folks.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Southern Miss Looks Terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    BTW, Jack Abraham is very mediocre. He ain't bad, but not particularly good either.
    Uh Oh

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I got the basic Suddenlink Value cable service in Ruston when we moved a couple months ago. With all the internet channels I get with the new TV, I couldn't justify paying anymore to Suddenlink. But since I couldn't watch the USM game last night I picked up the Suddenlink digital sports & information package for $10 per month. NOT a special promo deal where they'll go up in a few months. Now I have CBS Sports Network, Fox Sports College, FS1, FS2, NFL Network and some others.

That's not a bad deal to get the chance to see more college sports. Maybe XFinity has something like that available.

FYI to anyone else in Ruston on Suddenlink. Besides the Suddenlink Value tv package we got their base unlimited data internet plan at 100 mbps. When I called in today, they said their base unlimited internet data speed is now 400 mbps. Because I called in, they moved me up at no additional cost and it's (supposedly) not a promo where they'll go up on cost later. But if I hadn't called, I'd still be at the 100. So might be worth a call.

(Why they don't just go up on speed I don't know other than Suddenlink is a pretty pathetic company.)
    SuddenLink SUX donkey phallises

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    SuddenLink SUX donkey phallises
    If only someone had pictures, maybe we could get better service.

Saturday I wanted to stream a couple games on my pc while I worked. Espn+ worked on my tv, my wife's iPad, her phone & my android. But not my pc. Error message said I did have that level of service.

First Suddenlink said it was a setting on my computer so I checked that out. No problem. Called them back. Then they said it was a problem with Disney+. I said I didn't see how but called them. Of course they said it had nothing to do with them. Called Suddenlink a third time. Told them if I can stream on everything in my house but the PC and they couldn't fix it then just cancel my additional Digital Sports & Info subscription.

"You have a Digital Sports & Info subscription?""

"You bet your @ss I do. Why dont you look it up? I subscribed 2 days ago."

"Please hold". Ten minutes later "The streaming will start in 10 minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience."

And ten minutes later, viola! It started working!

A fish rots from the head down. So do businesses & organizations. The guy in charge of Suddenlink must be a beached 600 lbs grouper.
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 09-07-2020 at 06:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread