+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baylor-Louisiana Tech Season Opener Postponed - latechsports.com

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baylor-Louisiana Tech Season Opener Postponed - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    If you believe there were actually 38 positive. I'm calling BS on the testing.
    I'm willing to believe 38 tests said "positive."

Who knows if they were sick now, sick back when, or never sick?

We'll likely never know.

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Saw where a 20-yr-old player, at a small college in Pennsylvania, has died from China virus complications, according to the story. His name is Jamaine Stephens, Jr. His dad played for the Steelers.

And heard other schools, like Arizona State, have had episodes of big false positives test results. So, who really knows? As has been discussed ad nauseum there has not been, and apparently still isn't, reliable tests. Which is why it is laughable to blame President Trump for not mandating national testing way back in February-March. There were NO tests back then, and now 6 months later, still don't have tests we can actually trust as accurate. Well, politics aside, since I really don't like discussing politics...

Hopefully we'll soon here that ALL or most of the 38 positives were false.
    I saw this article about Stephens, it's just a sensational headline to be honest. Their college canceled/postponed the football season back in July, so the story is that he got it elsewhere and happened to be a football player best that I can tell (it's unclear if they've been practicing from what I could see). It's certainly a sad situation when anyone passes from the disease, but it seems to be getting shared on various sites (but not your post) in the context of "see, I told you they shouldn't be playing football".

I pray we have no similar levels of sickness on our team and they all recover quickly.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the testing is very dependable.

I agree with bob, just cancel everything. Life is to short to live anyway.
    Why stop there? Put everyone in a medically induced coma. There is no need to take any risk by doing anything at all!

I knew this would happen back when we announced we'd be testing 3 billion times a week. But I never found any actual action plan for the inevitable positive result (beyond "welp just cancel the season then, thanks for your generous donations").

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Well, CRAP!!

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

No money for playing in Waco. It was a 2 for 1 deal. We were only getting expenses for going over there. Not sure why our fans are being told we get a paycheck.
    But if ULM sucks this year (which they will) how many LSU fans show up? Will it even be worth the hassle and degradation of competition.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

And they blamed it on the Hurricane, ugh.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    It is a very convenient excuse. Also have been a lot of students moving back to school the past few weeks.

I tend to think the SEC was pretty smart to delay the season start to the end of Sept. If that was the case with us then this up-tick in player cases would be a minor concern.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    That’s about the dumbest post I’ve read in a very long time. The students need to be in class. I’m glad you aren’t in charge!
    Curious as to why you think that.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The first call we should make is to see if LA Tech can replace the ULM game with the Baylor game on Nov 21st. I'm serious. Baylor has an opening on Nov 21st.
    Not if there is a buy-out due ULM, probably can't afford it with the lost revenue and recent raises. Plus word is the Baylor game was for expenses only.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Not if there is a buy-out due ULM, probably can't afford it with the lost revenue and recent raises. Plus word is the Baylor game was for expenses only.
    Not "word" truth. Our AD is spreading bad information to make his stupid 2 for 1 seem like a better deal. Most of us knew it was a HORRIBLE deal when announced.

Holtz as much as said, "I know we were gonna lose anyway, so why go to Baylor when I have a slim chance of beating my Daddy USM in two weeks."

Not "word" truth. Our AD is spreading bad information to make his stupid 2 for 1 seem like a better deal. Most of us knew it was a HORRIBLE deal when announced.

Holtz as much as said, "I know we were gonna lose anyway, so why go to Baylor when I have a slim chance of beating my Daddy USM in two weeks."
    Man it could be a loooonnngggggg season if we lose to USM.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    Well it makes sense. Power out, they gotta go somewhere to shower, stay out of the heat, eat.

Man it could be a loooonnngggggg season if we lose to USM.
    *taps nose* not if we dont play them

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Curious as to why you think that.
    If you had a child in school, you wouldn’t need to ask. I have a college sophomore that is at Baylor and thrilled to be back. I also have a son doing virtual “learning”. Virtual has been awful for everyone I know. Hopefully someone has had a different experience, but I don’t know them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    If you had a child in school, you wouldn’t need to ask. I have a college sophomore that is at Baylor and thrilled to be back. I also have a son doing virtual “learning”. Virtual has been awful for everyone I know. Hopefully someone has had a different experience, but I don’t know them.
    I do have a child in school, that's why I asked. My son, who graduated high school this spring, took 18 hours of college courses online his senior year. Did fine, 4.0 GPA in the college courses. An added bonus is he already has one semester of college under his belt. Lots of his friends took similar hours with no issues. At Mississippi State, this semester, a couple of his classes are totally online, while most of the rest of his classes have some online component. All professors or their grad assistants are available for one-on-one discussions, same as in the "in-person classes".

A student has to be motivated to watch the lecture videos, do the assignments and study for the exams. Same as if it was an in person class. I guess it could be argued that a student must have the ability to learn more independently in a virtual environment. Plus millions of Americans work in a virtual environment. That fact is only going to be more relevant in the future and has been and will continue to be exaggerated due to the corona virus.

Now moving away from your parents and living on your own at a university is a lot more fun than living at your parents house and taking classes online. I bet our grandchildren will do most of their post high school education online, if not all of it.

+ Reply to Thread