+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USM News: Jay Hopson steps down as head coach

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

USM News: Jay Hopson steps down as head coach

https://www.wapt.com/article/jay-hopson-steps-down-as-head-coach-of-southern-miss-football-09-07/33944100

Although this does work in our favor, it’s actually a pretty sad ordeal. I wish him well and I hope he lands on his feet. The article states the following: “Hopson has had a rough off-season. Most notably his father passed away this summer.”

Southern Miss Director of Athletics, Jeremy McClain, announced:
    “Coach Hopson came to me after last Thursday’s game to discuss what was on his heart and after much discussion over the weekend, he and I agreed that new leadership for our football program is needed,” said McClain. “Coach Hopson has been a part of our program for 10 years. I appreciate his commitment to Southern Miss and wish Jay and his family nothing but the best.”

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Re: USM News: Jay Hopson steps down as head coach

Outside of his coaching ability, never heard anything bad about him from my USM brethren. That says a lot if you know our fan base.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear that. Some things are bigger than football.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He beat our high paid coach who gets a new 5 year contract every 3 years. Beat him when we needed wins and embarrassed him.

Puppy AnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the roughAnonymousEagle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He beat our high paid coach who gets a new 5 year contract every 3 years. Beat him when we needed wins and embarrassed him.
    To be fair, we're not exactly sure how he did it either. Very good man but was in over his head for the most part as a FBS head coach. Congrats on the revenge win last season but I hope Walden has something up his sleeve for y'all if and when we play.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Family is bigger than football...Godspeed Jay!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread