+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Pro Dawgs 2020

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Pro Dawgs 2020

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm just wondering what you.....and others here on BB&B, thought about this year's halftime show?
    I didn't watch at all. I turned the TV on around 3:30 hoping to catch some good pre-game on CBS. All I saw was political crap along with tons of PSAs tying to induce white guilt.

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

I'm just wondering what you.....and others here on BB&B, thought about this year's halftime show?
    When I heard half-time was "The Weekend", I couldn't wait for Monday!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I haven’t watched it on TV yet except for a very short clip around 5-10 seconds. I know from being there that I could understand everything said and the music was clear. I’ve heard that on TV that wasn’t the case. The lights and fireworks were pretty awesome. I didn’t realize what the people in the red jackets actual were wearing on their heads until I saw that clip the next day. I thought they had whitey tighties on their head

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

If it were for a music video production, it would have been great (relatively). But it was not a good production for a live performance. It didn't help that his singing wouldn't come across half the time and the music itself was just noise at times. Took too much time to recognize the song and all. Still, it wasn't the worst ever.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

As someone watching with my Dad and my 11 year old daughter, I was just glad it was not pole dancing this year.

The Weeknd's music is fine, the lights were fine, we liked the dancers with the lights in their hands even if the face bandages were a little weird (that's apparently his thing now, like a character he does or something). We couldn't make out the words, but that's ok, I'm not sure we were missing out on much (especially since, again, I'm looking for something pretty PG - although I think most of the drug references would have been missed in my crew and I'm sure he was doing the "radio-edit" versions for the ones with stronger language).

My daughter actually said something like "I always like the music in the background of his songs" which is that kind of 80s influenced synth thing (so I'm on board with this assessment).

We were all kind of just "that was nice."

The memes have been fun.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    When I heard half-time was "The Weekend", I couldn't wait for Monday!
    LOL! That's actually very funny. Finally.....something me and a Cajun have in common.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    If it were for a music video production, it would have been great (relatively). But it was not a good production for a live performance. It didn't help that his singing wouldn't come across half the time and the music itself was just noise at times. Took too much time to recognize the song and all. Still, it wasn't the worst ever.
    I disagree. I sincerely believe IT WAS the worst ever. Can anybody name one worse?

When you consider all the big half time performances we've seen over the years ....Michael Jackson, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Lady GAGA, Katy Perry, Maroon 5, The WHO, Paul McCartney, Justin Timberlake, The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, Beyonce, Bruno Mars, etc, etc..... I truly believe this was THE WORST Super Bowl Halftime Show EVER!! Or at least it was the worst since "Up with People" was the headline act for 11 straight Super Bowl Halftime shows from 1976 to 1986. So, that's going back at least 35 years.

One in a thousand Americans couldn't tell you the name of a single song that "The Weekend" sang during the halftime show. It was just awful.

Thank goodness Tom Brady brought his A-game to this year's Super Bowl, because nobody else did.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

2011 Black Eyed Peas. Usher could not save that one.

Also, it's not really fair to count the shows before before Michael Jackson (1993). That was a whole different era.

I know the songs The Weeknd used and still can't name them without looking them up. But that's because I'm terrible at that and lyrics.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Several of those songs are hugely popular. They're big songs.

Different kind of year. Different kind of half time show.

It was. . .fine. But just that.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I can’t tell to the last time I watched the halftime show. These people are really considered artists?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

My 18 yr old daughter was looking forward to it and enjoyed it. She knows the songs though. I couldn't understand any of the words and wondered why they had jockstraps on the men's head. I agree with others though- at least there was no pole dancing or barely clothed women up there. I didn't hate it, and certainly have hated it other years.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    My 18 yr old daughter was looking forward to it and enjoyed it. She knows the songs though. I couldn't understand any of the words and wondered why they had jockstraps on the men's head. I agree with others though- at least there was no pole dancing or barely clothed women up there. I didn't hate it, and certainly have hated it other years.
    I thought they were granny panties - but after googling I found something on SBNation.com where the artist was taking a swipe at Hollywood, cosmetic and the plastic surgery industry etal's stance where they are always trying to force the image of "perfect beauty" and body shaming, especially amongst the female segment of society

It was interesting an interesting read -

But the first thing that popped to my mind when I saw bits of the show on social media and especially the memes was the old line from the movie "Raising Arizona" with Nick Cage, Holly Hunter and John Goodman - "Son.... you've got a panty on your head"
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Worst show ever.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Can anybody name one worse?
    i'll just leave this here and let you decide...

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i'll just leave this here and let you decide...
    LOL! .....There ya go! It's sad to say, but it's still more entertaining than "The Weekend" was. At least UWP played beach music, Mowtown music (Heard it thru the Grapevine), Beatles music (Hey Jude), Simon & Garfunkel, etc... Even the field stripes looked better than the white jock straps the men wore over their heads this past weekend.

+ Reply to Thread