+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 Tech @ USM (6:30 PM) - Game

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/19 Tech @ USM (6:30 PM) - Game

While Anthony was the better QB last night, I'm glad Allen looked as good as he did. He's improved a lot from last year. For the first time in years we have a lot better depth at QB than we've had. If Anthony ends up having to sit a game because of Covid we're in better shape than we were last year when Jmar had to sit out.

I'm hoping we get a look at whoever is holding the 3 & maybe 4 deep QBs when we play HBU. If ever there was a year when those guys could see significant playing time this is it.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Allen looked MUCH better than Smith did at the same point

Allen looked better than Smith did last year.

It's obvious that when the QB coaching is going on, our HC butts in to say "Eat the ball before throwing an interception" and "Don't run the ball. You might get hurt." Neither one of those instructions to a QB give them confidence. They put fear in them.
    I tell you what was refreshing to me.....Smith always was looking to blame someone or something for a play that didn't work. Not last night! Neither QB tried to put blame on another. That showed leadership.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I tell you what was refreshing to me.....Smith always was looking to blame someone or something for a play that didn't work. Not last night! Neither QB tried to put blame on another. That showed leadership.
    No kidding! No flailing arms or pointing fingers. No carrying the helmet like a heavy bucket or sitting all alone on the bench apparently pouting.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Holy cow! We even got 2 votes in the coaches poll this week.

Somwhow ULL hung on to the 25th spot. Even though the Big 10 is included. Marshall is 25th in the AP, which doesn't included the Big 10.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I totally agree with you on said point.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I'm hoping we get a look at whoever is holding the 3 & maybe 4 deep QBs when we play HBU. If ever there was a year when those guys could see significant playing time this is it.
    I don't think we should underestimate Houston Baptist. I didn't watch their game vs. Texas Tech, but I know Texas Tech won by a slim margin 35 to 33. Maybe Texas Tech just sucks this year?!?!?!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Stats on the GW drive:

17 plays, 74 yards in 4:52 (Outstanding clock management)
    Garner 6 carries, 40 yards (Where did he come from? Glad he choose Tech and excited Holtz had him in the game)
    Anthony 6 for 8 on passing attempts (Holtz picked the right guy for the moment)
    Great catch by Hebert to cap off the drive (And the refs didn't screw us on the review)

A brilliantly executed drive. Biggest comeback victory in the Skip Holtz era. I still cannot believe it. Well done. HBTD!

https://twitter.com/BleedTechBlue/st...58497660772352

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    There wasn’t much reason to put Anthony in after Allen was successful at leading to a score the first two drives either.
    If he really wanted Allen to win the game for us, he would have put him back out on the last drive. And he didn’t, he put Anthony in. There was a clear pattern of getting them 2 drives each before swapping, and that changed for the final drive. He placed Anthony out there instead of Allen getting his second attempt in a row.
    Except for Allen’s turn over and his inability to move the offense and score. The guy at the helm when points are scored gets the credit. Anthony easily outscored Allen and he did it when the pressure was really on. As for the last drive, Holtz new it was for the win. Even he couldn’t risk the obvious public opinion of having the lesser performing QB in the game when it mattered the most. Even if not for him, in this instance Holtz had to coach for the team to win because the team knew who the guy getting the job done was.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Except for Allen’s turn over and his inability to move the offense and score. The guy at the helm when points are scored gets the credit. Anthony easily outscored Allen and he did it when the pressure was really on. As for the last drive, Holtz new it was for the win. Even he couldn’t risk the obvious public opinion of having the lesser performing QB in the game when it mattered the most. Even if not for him, in this instance Holtz had to coach for the team to win because the team knew who the guy getting the job done was.
    Allen’s turnover occured in the second half. I am referring to the first half when Allen had two successful drives and we subbed out for Anthony.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Did Holtz tell Allen and Anthony they would be sharing playing time?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Did Holtz tell Allen and Anthony they would be sharing playing time?
    Most likely. It looked scripted on who will play when.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Stats on the GW drive:

17 plays, 74 yards in 4:52 (Outstanding clock management)
    Garner 6 carries, 40 yards (Where did he come from? Glad he choose Tech and excited Holtz had him in the game)
    Anthony 6 for 8 on passing attempts (Holtz picked the right guy for the moment)
    Great catch by Hebert to cap off the drive (And the refs didn't screw us on the review)

A brilliantly executed drive. Biggest comeback victory in the Skip Holtz era. I still cannot believe it. Well done. HBTD!

https://twitter.com/BleedTechBlue/st...58497660772352
    And...we usually DO GET SCREWED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I don't think we should underestimate Houston Baptist. I didn't watch their game vs. Texas Tech, but I know Texas Tech won by a slim margin 35 to 33. Maybe Texas Tech just sucks this year?!?!?!
    HBU has firepower. If it turns into a shootout then no, we'll only see Anthony and some Allen. But if we have a chance to get whoever #3 is some playing time it would be a good thing.

In a normal year I'd be happy with a solid #1 and a decent #2. But this isnt a normal year and unless both Anthony & Allen have had the covid, we're subject to losing either or both on any given weekend or two.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

How lucky were we the guy in the shot wasn't 1 foot to his right? Crazy how that angle saved us and it was such an oddity having people nearly blocking the view!

+ Reply to Thread