+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 Tech @ USM (6:30 PM) - Game

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/19 Tech @ USM (6:30 PM) - Game

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    How lucky were we the guy in the shot wasn't 1 foot to his right? Crazy how that angle saved us and it was such an oddity having people nearly blocking the view!
    Yes, I thought the same thing. I keep yelling at the TV.....get your damn elbow out of the way!!

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Apparently that was the USM athletics director LOL

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Apparently that was the USM athletics director LOL
    That was the best part about that story! Poor guy won't hear the end of it.

Great finish in the fourth quarter and some promising talent on both sides of the ball. I can't remember the last time I saw a Tech QB with that much time in the pocket in the 4th quarter. Other than the finish, the most exciting part to me was the 4th quarter felt like watching a game from 2012 -- no matter the score, you knew we weren't out of the game...

Both QBs looked decent or better, although the one int Allen threw early in the third was rough. I was scratching my head when Garner took the field on the last drive -- then quickly blown away with Garner's (and the o-line's) play. Apparently he averaged 6.7 a carry on the closing drive.

Other than giving up 8/160 and 2TDs to Tim Jones, and most of that third quarter, I'd say you couldn't ask for much more out of a first game on the road against a rival with limited practice during a pandemic.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Lots of casual fans caught this game. I am seeing a LOT of positive chatter on it and not just from the ending. This is going to be a game that benefits Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Not scrolling back through this whole thread - and I don't think this was a surprise but our WR group seemed to be as advertised. Kind of overshadowed by the huge performance on the other side (and because we spread the wealth around a little more) but I really like this group.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Not scrolling back through this whole thread - and I don't think this was a surprise but our WR group seemed to be as advertised. Kind of overshadowed by the huge performance on the other side (and because we spread the wealth around a little more) but I really like this group.
    Other than our QB, we are missing some bad seeds from last year. I like what we showed too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    That was the best part about that story! Poor guy won't hear the end of it.

Great finish in the fourth quarter and some promising talent on both sides of the ball. I can't remember the last time I saw a Tech QB with that much time in the pocket in the 4th quarter. Other than the finish, the most exciting part to me was the 4th quarter felt like watching a game from 2012 -- no matter the score, you knew we weren't out of the game...

Both QBs looked decent or better, although the one int Allen threw early in the third was rough. I was scratching my head when Garner took the field on the last drive -- then quickly blown away with Garner's (and the o-line's) play. Apparently he averaged 6.7 a carry on the closing drive.

Other than giving up 8/160 and 2TDs to Tim Jones, and most of that third quarter, I'd say you couldn't ask for much more out of a first game on the road against a rival with limited practice during a pandemic.
    Really good post.....

-- I noticed that Tech's pass protection was incredible in the 4th Qtr. I swear, I think Dawg80 could have completed a pass behind that OL.

-- Both QB's looked pretty good. But Anthony's experience was a difference maker Saturday night.

-- So glad to see so many freshmen and sophomores on defense getting QUALITY playing time. 9 Tech freshmen registered tackles on the stat sheet.

-- This was a huge win over our primary rival, in THEIR HOUSE. And I would argue that Tech was at more of a disadvantage than USM due to it being our first game and USM's second.

-- They say a team improves more between their 1st game and their second. If so, I can't wait to see this LA Tech team the rest of the season. This could be a lot of fun and very exciting.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Why weren’t we favored to win this game?
    Maybe because the team hasn't been able to practice.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Maybe because the team hasn't been able to practice.

Looks like Vegas had a better idea of who would be out for this game than we here on the board did. Given the practice restrictions and COVID "injuries", the team played very well.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    They haven’t had the same toll we have.

By all means, piss and moan, just like every year.
    Man, we agree!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Looks like Vegas had a better idea of who would be out for this game than we here on the board did. Given the practice restrictions and COVID "injuries", the team played very well.
    This message board is HORRIBLE about finding out what's really going on in the LA Tech locker-room(s). Nobody on here ever knows anything.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Jonathan, it was a sarcastic comment made at a point in the game when things looked really bad. I think you are right that Vegas finds out stuff about our own team that most of us don’t know until gametime, or not at all.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This message board is HORRIBLE about finding out what's really going on in the LA Tech locker-room(s). Nobody on here ever knows anything.
    Go to Other Board if you want minutae

Stay here for real talk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Go to Other Board if you want minutae

Stay here for real talk
    Meh.....not interested in minutiae. But, it would be nice to get a little insider info once in a while.

+ Reply to Thread