+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech AD Search | TMac to Vandy

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: TMac to Vandy

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Are you guys talking about Marty? I would support that.
    Yes, Hopefully we will give him an interview.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Told someone this morning that 2020 has been so bad that my (our) luck was bound to change. Well...thanks for this small favor!

Now, stay out of the FCS nursery for the next hire.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Speaks volumes that he is moving to a position at one of the levels from which Tech should be interviewing candidates for his replacement (P5 assistant ADs, G5 ADs, or professional sports administrators). The FCS AD experiment was a colossal failure.
    YES!!!!! We can't hire a small mind this time. We need someone that believes we can move forward. You can't get that at a tiny school with no hope for anything else.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, Hopefully we will give him an interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Told someone this morning that 2020 has been so bad that my (our) luck was bound to change. Well...thanks for this small favor!

Now, stay out of the FCS nursery for the next hire.
    Is Marty the basketball coach or the baseball manager?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Is Marty the basketball coach or the baseball manager?
    Baseball

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

^^^THIS! We need an injection of energy and excitement in our fan base. Someone who's going to drink the Kool Aid and make YOU drink it too.

The most successful AD we've had at doing this was Derek Dooley. He got things done! All the construction and improvements that we've completed over the past 10 years was started by Derek Dooley. He had a vision, and he wasn't afraid to tell Tech's leadership when they had fallen behind. We need somebody with those characteristics.
    I think he was very likable in the public eye. I got to meet him face-to-face at a Tech-N-Tails event and had a positive experience. He approached me, shook my hand, stayed for a little small talk, and thanked me for coming out.

I've met BVDV and TMac, both were goobs to me.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

My bet is we make the Stoehr’s CoAD’s just to make sure they never EVER leave.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    My bet is we make the Stoehr’s CoAD’s just to make sure they never EVER leave.
    They have done about as much as Tommy so that would make sense

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I want the new AD to make football fun again.
    • Bring back sky divers
    • Make tailgating easier for the casual fan. Fans used to set up around the stadium. With the donor parking structure, we left these guys struggle to find a spot or not do it at all.
    • Student/Greek tailgating needs to be accessible for students/greeks. Move them near Lambright. Logistically it would be better for them to setup/teardown their equipment.
    • Completely overhaul the concessions and bathrooms on the East Side.
    • Upgrade wireless network (WI-FI & cellular DAS)
    • Update seating with backrest on West-Side (add some value to the seats).
    We've made it nice for the guy sitting in the DAC and Suites, we need to bring more attention to make it nicer for the general fanbase.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I want the new AD to make football fun again.
    • Bring back sky divers
    • Make tailgating easier for the casual fan. Fans used to set up around the stadium. With the donor parking structure, we left these guys struggle to find a spot or not do it at all.
    • Student/Greek tailgating needs to be accessible for students/greeks. Move them near Lambright. Logistically it would be better for them to setup/teardown their equipment.
    • Completely overhaul the concessions and bathrooms on the East Side.
    • Upgrade wireless network (WI-FI & cellular DAS)
    • Update seating with backrest on West-Side (add some value to the seats).
    We've made it nice for the guy sitting in the DAC and Suites, we need to bring more attention to make it nicer for the general fanbase.
    All good suggestions. And start with a good power wash of the stadium. LA Tech needs to become more Game Day" friendly.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

All good suggestions. And start with a good power wash of the stadium. LA Tech needs to become more Game Day" friendly.
    That was one of the First things Dooley did, he KNEW what was needed and went after it. Hope our next AD has the cahonies he did! Game day needs to be fun again.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

I worked for Dooley and BVD. Dooley had a lot of energy and a vision but his vision was for football only. He could care less about any other sport. I guess being the head football coach you would want everything for your team. We need someone with his energy but a vision for all of athletics. I know Adam would work his butt off for Tech as he has always done. I'm hoping for a good hire. I think everyone is trying to grasp on to something positive here in 2020. My 3rd child is due in November. Other than looking forward to that, this year has sucked lol.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    I worked for Dooley and BVD. Dooley had a lot of energy and a vision but his vision was for football only. He could care less about any other sport. I guess being the head football coach you would want everything for your team. We need someone with his energy but a vision for all of athletics. I know Adam would work his butt off for Tech as he has always done. I'm hoping for a good hire. I think everyone is trying to grasp on to something positive here in 2020. My 3rd child is due in November. Other than looking forward to that, this year has sucked lol.
    The Dooley (AD/HC) gig wasn't long term, so I can see why he was very football-centric. The big impact he made was naming and restructuring the fundraising arm in LTAC.

I do like Adam a lot. Having met him multiple times while he the LTAC guy, he did a lot more than the duties of that job.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Are you guys talking about Marty? I would support that.
    He might be good at improving the game day experiences, but he has no experience in selecting coaches. Do you think we might be better off selecting someone with a more broad experience? I have never met him, but am sure he is a nice guy and would be very loyal to Tech and Ruston. I am game if he is the choice, although I would have preferred a national search with a experienced firm. But we are LA Tech, so that is not going to happen. BTW his name is spelled Martie, kind of a weird spelling.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Adam McGuirt is my pick. He is the best man available on short notice and has been doing a good deal of McLellands job for years
    I wonder if it hurts his chances that he is out of the athletic department and working for the President on campus development?

+ Reply to Thread