+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Well, it's game day. Hope all of your great Bulldog fans are safe and welll

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Well, it's game day. Hope all of your great Bulldog fans are safe and welll

In an insane year, it adds to the strange year with Tech/USM playing this early in the year. It has already been a wild year for USM in the fact we had our coach resign after the first game. It was long overdue. Hopson was a nice guy, but you know where nice guys finish. He had lost the fans, the team and most importantly, our AD. Scotty Waldon, the interim HC, is a 30 year old fire ball. Can his excitement equal a better team and some wins? I have no idea, but it is light years better than where Hopson had this program. Our AD knew the football program was in a death march to being done forever.

As for today's game, I have no idea what the oddsmakers are smoking, but there is no way this USM team should be favored in this game. I wish I could point to a strong area of this USM team, but it just isn't there. The defense is really bad. No running game and poor Jack at qb just can't get it done. On defense, we lost our DC two years ago to FAU and he was so bad, FAU fired him after one year. So what does Hopson do, he hires him back as our DC. That was the final straw for USM fans. In our first game, he didn't surprise us with being any better than he was before.

On offense Hopson hired his third OC in three years. Kubik is a former Tech OB, so you guys know more about him than I do. I feel sure Hopson refused to let him run his own offense. I think our new HC will set him free. 'Without a good oline and mediocre QB and running backs, not sure how much Kubik can do.

Hopefully your team is back to full strength and the Covid will avoid both teams the rest of the year. Not sure what to expect from your team tonight, but I feel it will be enough to handle this USM team. Scotty Waldon will make a difference in that I think this USM team will want to play for him, where they didn't for Hopson. I just don't think that will matter past the first half. We shall see tonight. You guys have a great year and may your families stay safe and well.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Well, it's game day. Hope all of your great Bulldog fans are safe and welll

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    In an insane year, it adds to the strange year with Tech/USM playing this early in the year. It has already been a wild year for USM in the fact we had our coach resign after the first game. It was long overdue. Hopson was a nice guy, but you know where nice guys finish. He had lost the fans, the team and most importantly, our AD. Scotty Waldon, the interim HC, is a 30 year old fire ball. Can his excitement equal a better team and some wins? I have no idea, but it is light years better than where Hopson had this program. Our AD knew the football program was in a death march to being done forever.

As for today's game, I have no idea what the oddsmakers are smoking, but there is no way this USM team should be favored in this game. I wish I could point to a strong area of this USM team, but it just isn't there. The defense is really bad. No running game and poor Jack at qb just can't get it done. On defense, we lost our DC two years ago to FAU and he was so bad, FAU fired him after one year. So what does Hopson do, he hires him back as our DC. That was the final straw for USM fans. In our first game, he didn't surprise us with being any better than he was before.

On offense Hopson hired his third OC in three years. Kubik is a former Tech OB, so you guys know more about him than I do. I feel sure Hopson refused to let him run his own offense. I think our new HC will set him free. 'Without a good oline and mediocre QB and running backs, not sure how much Kubik can do.

Hopefully your team is back to full strength and the Covid will avoid both teams the rest of the year. Not sure what to expect from your team tonight, but I feel it will be enough to handle this USM team. Scotty Waldon will make a difference in that I think this USM team will want to play for him, where they didn't for Hopson. I just don't think that will matter past the first half. We shall see tonight. You guys have a great year and may your families stay safe and well.
    It's always good to hear from you, SE. Speaking only for myself, I have no idea what to expect tonight. The "whisper" message around Ruston is that the Bulldogs are supposed to be "big and good" this fall, assuming one of our 3 QB's stands up and takes control of the Tech offense as expected. But Tech also has to replace 9 players on defense, and that's my biggest cause for concern. It's highly unlikely that 9 new defensive players will all be on the same page in game #1. These defensive unknowns, combined with USM OC Matt Kubik's innovative offense, could spell big trouble for the Dogs. As a Tech alum, I certainly want Kubik to do well and have a great coaching career. However, I want his "coming out" party to start in USM's game #3 next week, not tonight.

LA Tech wins 27-24.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Our bad luck continues...the worst timing possible would be the first game after a coaching change like this. The Buzzards will circle the wagons and play WAY over their heads today. Maybe as the rest of the season wears on, this initial emotional burst used up, the real USM team will emerge and they finish with a very mediocre season. But, not today! All the intangibles favor the Buzzards.

I expect a close game...with Holtz blowing it. But I wouldn't be surprised by a fairly easy USM win, say something like 31-20.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

USM has a little more game experience than we do right now Spread Eagle, You also have to remember, USM is HCSH's daddy!

+ Reply to Thread