+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: 10/02 Tech @ BYU (8 PM) - Game

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: 10/02 Tech @ BYU (8 PM) - Game

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    We would probably beat them 46-17.
    I wouldn't bet on that!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Holtz won't let that happen

Such a touching sentiment for a football game lol
    Please forgive me it was late on a long night.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Agree, but Luke had a significant regression tonight
    It was his first true FBS game this season.

I think we can handle UTEP next week. They are 3-1, but that includes 2 FCS wins and ULM. Nothing too be proud of. Of course our 2 wins are 1 FCS and USM, again nothing to be proud of. They were blown awat bu Texas, us by BYU. We need to get better on both lines, we lost the line of scrimmage battle all night. Might cost us against UTEP, but no way we beat Marshall or UAB playing like that. I say let Luke play and Allen develop in practice. Still hopeful to be in the conference race, but less so than before last night.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As someone posted, it was men against boys last night. Both literally and figuratively. Those Big 12 refs absolutely suck! They were (are) horrible. Even the ESPN guys couldn't stand it anymore. Not that it changed the ultimate outcome of the game, but BYU's OL was not just holding every play, they were undressing our DL every play. It did affect the margin of victory, at least some. I think the refs bet on BYU and gave Tech the 24 points, they had to make sure they covered the spread.

As a fan of football, however, I really enjoyed watching BYU play. They don't make the simple things complicated. Like the QB throws to his receivers and they...and they...I mean, wow! they actually use their effing hands and CATCH THE BALL!!! The things we used to take for granted when as kids playing sandlot football, we would move our hands TOWARD the ball!!!

Henderson needs to ride the bench. He is sucking big time. What an effing wussy! "Oh, please don't tackle me...here, I'll just lay down, don't hit me!" And, oh, the play is designed to run between the tackle and guard...not me! I'm gonna head for the sideline...oh no! here I'll just fall down for a two-yard loss.

Defense is very young and inexperienced, so I expected to see them really struggle last night...and they did not disappoint me, they really struggled last night.

Barnes is pretty good handling kicking chores, but his punting last night looked very junior-highish. Never flipped the field, not once. Not that our defense was gonna stop BYU from moving the ball, but it would have added 2 or 3 plays to a few of their drives.

After they whipped Navy, which no one does, not like that, I stated emphatically, please do not schedule BYU this year. Well...there ya go!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

“Good punting is over rated“- Skip

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well...I am heartened by the fact that Holtz's teams get smashed at least once, and sometimes twice, during the meaningless regular season, but goes on to win a bowl game. So...we have that going for us, which is nice.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm not sold. I'm looking forward to the day some team has the balls to knock that stupid smirk off BYU QB Zack Wilson's face. I guess we'll have to wait for Boise State to do that.
    I don’t think Boise St beats this team.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I think Boise State might get run out of the stadium by this team. BYU won the game last year, and they weren't nearly this good.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    In fact, I don’t see a loss on the BYU schedule.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

BYU had an excellent offense; great QB with big athletic WRs and a couple of good TEs. Besides their DL, which has definite 1st round talent , I was not overly impressed with their defense. With better QB play, we could have made a game of it. I don’t think we win, but it’s a much closer game. There was several plays we had WRs wide open, but did not get them the ball. And I don’t know if Henderson was sick with the virus or what, but he is not the Henderson of last year. He is running slow and gingerly. He should not be getting 1st string reps until he gets better.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    BYU had an excellent offense; great QB with big athletic WRs and a couple of good TEs. Besides their DL, which has definite 1st round talent , I was not overly impressed with their defense. With better QB play, we could have made a game of it. I don’t think we win, but it’s a much closer game. There was several plays we had WRs wide open, but did not get them the ball. And I don’t know if Henderson was sick with the virus or what, but he is not the Henderson of last year. He is running slow and gingerly. He should not be getting 1st string reps until he gets better.
    Agree, especially about Henderson. He ran with no intensity at all. In a game where you’re outsized and out talented the only things left are effort and intensity. Tech showed neither of those characteristics at pretty much any position all night long. It was an apathetic effort. I don’t think effort shows up game day unless it’s instilled in the team during practice. You coach players not to get into a position of just going through the motions. Too many times in Holtz’s history we are beaten into submission.

Something else is somebody has got to coach our D line into either not being held or drawing holding calls. We are horrible at being held and getting very few calls.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Agree, especially about Henderson. He ran with no intensity at all. In a game where you’re outsized and out talented the only things left are effort and intensity. Tech showed neither of those characteristics at pretty much any position all night long. It was an apathetic effort. I don’t think effort shows up game day unless it’s instilled in the team during practice. You coach players not to get into a position of just going through the motions. Too many times in Holtz’s history we are beaten into submission.

Something else is somebody has got to coach our D line into either not being held or drawing holding calls. We are horrible at being held and getting very few calls.
    This is what drives me crazy.

I can handle not being better than the other team - you'd have to be as dumb as a Laffy fan to think your team is literally the best at everything.

What I can't handle is giving up, just showing up to the game to check a box. I want to see an attitude of "Yea, they might beat us, but we're gonna make em earn it." There have been very few Holtz losses where that was the case.

Not saying that the players don't want to win - that's foolish. I'm saying the attitude of the HC trickles down.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

If Tommy thinks of Skippy so highly, he should hire him asap. Other than that, how about someone holding Skip accountable for anything. Seriously Hester needs to go.

I'll say this again, why did Skip get an extension? The new ad should, DRIVE down the road to Grambling and hire Fobbs as oc until Skippy's contract runs out. Promote Fobbs to hc.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It's like Holtz saves up his potential coaching chips for when he MIGHT be able to take full advantage of them. Unfortunately for us he has NEVER taken advantage of them during a regular seasons P5 game (YES BYU is P5). Oh well, give him another raise for "over achieving".

IMO, he would have laid down to Baylor at kickoff if he had had the chance.

+ Reply to Thread